BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield united away- League cup

Just now, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, he played Nyambe, Platt, Grayson, Brereton and Buckley in the last round.

It is a difficult draw, because Sheffield United will be packed with quality, McBurnie, Sharp, Morrison, Besic, Jagielka, Osborn etc. Make too many changes ourselves, and we wil get battered, then again we cant afford injuries to key players like Cunningham, Williams, Lenihan, Johnson, Travis, Dack or Graham.

Grayson and Platt were out of their depth v Oldham.

Graham wont start on Saturday. And in my view neither should Dack. 

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Graham wont start on Saturday. And in my view neither should Dack. 

Who should be the front 4? Not much in the way of players cementing their places in our attack!

Dack hasn't started firing, albeit our tactics havent got him in the game and he is our best player so difficult to drop.

Graham and Rothwell have not been given the amount of starts (2 & 1) in the league that they will feel they warranted on the back of last season. That said, Graham perhaps more suited to home games.

Downing in the main has been good but was as bad as anyone on Saturday.

Gallagher hasnt scored a goal in 19 months, Brereton has one in that same period I think (may not be fit enough anyway) so neither of them are demanding a start.

Armstrong has not really registered the numbers youd want from him since we signed him permanently, and Chapman has become the forgotten man.

I dont really like Armstrong central, but would potentially go with Armstrong down the middle, Dack as a 10, Rothwell right, Downing left. 

Chapman definitely deserves a chance from the start tomorrow and taking in the squad to West Brom, and Graham obviously should travel at the weekend too.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Who should be the front 4? Not much in the way of players cementing their places in our attack!

Dack hasn't started firing, albeit our tactics havent got him in the game and he is our best player so difficult to drop.

Graham and Rothwell have not been given the amount of starts (2 & 1) in the league that they will feel they warranted on the back of last season. That said, Graham perhaps more suited to home games.

Downing in the main has been good but was as bad as anyone on Saturday.

Gallagher hasnt scored a goal in 19 months, Brereton has one in that same period I think (may not be fit enough anyway) so neither of them are demanding a start.

Armstrong has not really registered the numbers youd want from him since we signed him permanently, and Chapman has become the forgotten man.

I dont really like Armstrong central, but would potentially go with Armstrong down the middle, Dack as a 10, Rothwell right, Downing left. 

Chapman definitely deserves a chance from the start tomorrow and taking in the squad to West Brom, and Graham obviously should travel at the weekend too.

Chapman would be on bench at best for tomorrow

Warnock had Bacuna marked him out of the game. Dack couldnt move him. 

I Would go with Rothwell, Downing, Gallagher, Armstrong 

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't care because we aren't going to win the league cup and it will just end up being a distraction from the league or lead to injuries to key players. A sad state of affairs and a sign of modern football, but that's the reality for me. 

We're not gonna win promotion either, so.....

• Like 3

Chapman would be on bench at best for tomorrow

Warnock had Bacuna marked him out of the game. Dack couldnt move him. 

I Would go with Rothwell, Downing, Gallagher, Armstrong 

Surely a cup game is a perfect chance to give an exciting attacking player a chance for a team who havent scored a goal in open play in 5 league games.

Giving him a 20 minute cameo is a waste of time and he may aswell continue to fester in the reserves.

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

We're not gonna win promotion either, so.....

....exactly, which is why the Sheff United game is important. The League Cup win at Cardiff in 2002 under Souness was a magical day for thousands of Rovers supporters. I'd love us to get to the final again.  Unlike Kean and the debacle at Cardiff a few years ago, I hope Mowbray takes it seriously. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely a cup game is a perfect chance to give an exciting attacking player a chance for a team who havent scored a goal in open play in 5 league games.

Giving him a 20 minute cameo is a waste of time and he may aswell continue to fester in the reserves.

Not for me. I would 5-3-2 and match them up. 

League game on Saturday matters more. Get a point or more on Saturday I will be very happy

Edited by chaddyrovers

Not for me. I would 5-3-2 and match them up. 

League game on Saturday matters more. Get a point or more on Saturday I will be very happy

Dont understand why youd change our formation away from our usual one only to change it back at the weekend.

That second paragraph has nothing to do with my point about Chapman. Give him a start see what he can do and let him put a marker down to potentially improve our impotent attack. 

Totally get rotating the squad, totally get that the league is the main priority, cannot remotely empathise with Rovers fans saying they dont care about it.

• Like 1

Walton

Rankin Costello  Nyambe Grayson Bell

Travis Buckley

Rothwell                                     Chapman

Gallagher                 Armstrong

Team I'd like to see which gives youth and fringe a chance

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Dont understand why youd change our formation away from our usual one only to change it back at the weekend.

That second paragraph has nothing to do with my point about Chapman. Give him a start see what he can do and let him put a marker down to potentially improve our impotent attack. 

Totally get rotating the squad, totally get that the league is the main priority, cannot remotely empathise with Rovers fans saying they dont care about it.

To match the Sheff Utd formation as I just said 

Chapman on bench at best. 

What a great match will be tomorrow I'm sure...i think we have some chances cause Sheffield has to keep fresh their squad i think that they will make some rotations and that's our chance...

But anyway i know that will be complicated and that their ground is a complicated one but even if Rovers loose this game we have to support amd to lnow that our priority this season is to build a team and to finish this campaign as high as we can...in order to that cup could be even a distractor...i rather to do a good job on league and not in this cup...but our squad amd manager knows that matches against those sheep wangers are special so i only ask 100% commitment for my team.

#TheMexicanRover 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#COYBBR

• Like 2

Who knows what team he will put out tonight.

I'd hope we have some sort of mixture between fringe players and first team players.

Think JRC, Nyambe, Smallwood, Buckley & Rothwell will all start.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

Just now, Dr X said:

Rest the whole first team and play kids/squadies, I don't care how we do in the whatsitcalled cup, the league matters more.

I always find this attitude strange, did you say the same in 2002?

In the league, we're going to finish somewhere between 12 & 16th irrespective of whether we win or lose tonight.

Go for it I say and lets see what happens.

• Like 3

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

With the exception of Graham and Downing, who I would have on the bench to bring on if required, I would start with our strongest eleven. We’re a mid table team who will finish in mid table. We need something to cheer about and two good cup runs this year would do just that.

Normally I'd agree entirely with this view. There always seems to be an excuse for treating the cup competitions with disrespect. We should be taking it seriously as tonight is a realistic chance to progress. If an average 2nd division side can't take it seriously now then we never will. 

Ironic because for all of Waggott's wailing about revenues and needing to shift more tickets if we were to progress and get drawn against a City or Liverpool home or away we'd make a fortune out of it and that would cover missing season tickets.

But, thanks to our insane recruitment we simply cannot afford defensive injuries of any description given Tosin and Lenihan have already been out this season. Shame because with any depth to the squad we would be able to risk it.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I always find this attitude strange, did you say the same in 2002?

In the league, we're going to finish somewhere between 12 & 16th irrespective of whether we win or lose tonight.

Go for it I say and lets see what happens.

We had a chance of winning it in 2002

We don't have the squad depth now to have a cup run, unfortunately. Having said that, we have some good young lads, so who knows...could surprise a few tonight.