BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield united away- League cup

48 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No , they struggled v Oldham and the real players had to rescue them. All depends on sheff utd and the team they put out 

I wouldn't look too much into the Oldham game. Was a stinker up until they came on alright though...Being away from home might suit us better 

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I always find this attitude strange, did you say the same in 2002?

In the league, we're going to finish somewhere between 12 & 16th irrespective of whether we win or lose tonight.

Go for it I say and lets see what happens.

Nope, I cursed the weather as I couldn't get to the game.  Back then we had a chance of winning and were not a 2nd Division team, but now?

We can do better than 12th, so keep all the players fresh for Saturday.

End of the day I don’t think most clubs take this competition particularly seriously in the early rounds as you’ll see with the changes made tonight. Sad in many ways as why do any of us bother if not to see your beloved club actually achieve something? Probably more of a pertinent question for mid table PL clubs that make 11 changes, lose and still finish 12th.

But get to the last 16/QF stage and it focuses minds a bit.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

End of the day I don’t think most clubs take this competition particularly seriously in the early rounds as you’ll see with the changes made tonight. Sad in many ways as why do any of us bother if not to see your beloved club actually achieve something? Probably more of a pertinent question for mid table PL clubs that make 11 changes, lose and still finish 12th.

But get to the last 16/QF stage and it focuses minds a bit.

I want us to win every game of the season. I know I will be disappointed but, that is the standard I set.

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't look too much into the Oldham game. Was a stinker up until they came on alright though...Being away from home might suit us better 

Why? Quite a few of the younger players who played looked out of their depth, notably the centre backs.

Being away at a Premier League team surely wont "suit us" more than a home tie against a League 2 club.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Why? Quite a few of the younger players who played looked out of their depth, notably the centre backs.

Being away at a Premier League team surely wont "suit us" more than a home tie against a League 2 club.

Out of their depth or just had a bad game? If they are out of their depth against league 2 teams at home, why are they at the club? 

Upsets are rife at this stage of the league cup. Less pressure on young lads away to a Premier league team than at home to a league 2 team. Easier to get motivated for it too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Out of their depth or just had a bad game? If they are out of their depth against league 2 teams at home, why are they at the club?

“If you can’t play against Oldham at home then you shouldn’t be at Blackburn Rovers, in my opinion, whatever team we put out."

- Tony Mowbray

Only he has the answer ?

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Anyone know if this game is on sky on the red button?

Neither. Watch the Soccer Special and the goals will all be shown like the Oldham game however.

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Hart looked pretty decent at Centre back when moved there when our U23s were down to 9 men the other night.

He was the middle of the three, and roamed around a lot. And It’s against an Under 23’s side who didn’t have a physical striker. I guarantee that he’ll never play centre back again for us or anyone.

Two red cards was just a really unlikely circumstance. I wouldn’t have Hart at CB for the 23’s let alone the first team in the cup.

The Canadian

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

He was the middle of the three, and roamed around a lot. And It’s against an Under 23’s side who didn’t have a physical striker. I guarantee that he’ll never play centre back again for us or anyone.

Two red cards was just a really unlikely circumstance. I wouldn’t have Hart at CB for the 23’s let alone the first team in the cup.

I think he is still better suited to it than Cunningham, Bell and possibly even Grayson. Yes, Hart was absolutely brilliant the other night.

6 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I have a dream - a post Venky's dream. We will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old negro spritual:

"Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Hallelujah, Lennie; good to see your spiritual side coming through! ? 

And fwiw, I'd like to see us going for a 'surprise' win tonight.

If I remember rightly, Wilder wasn't particularly happy with the Blades' performance on Saturday, specially in the first ½. It could be, in old terminology, pretty well our Reserves versus their Reserves and who's to say our Reserves aren't better than theirs?

I don't care if it's a crabby injury time win - it was good enough in the last round -but success can breed success. And if one or two displays tonight give the manager a bit of a problem for Saturday, then so much the better! We all know he'll revert to type for Saturday's game but, to quote Kevin Keegan, I'd really love it if some of tonight's team made themselves unstoppable for Saturday.

Edited by m1st
Second thoughts!
  • Like 1

Had waited for a brammall lane game for years, after the first one they get promoted and it looked like another wait! 

Thus not missing out on this, even if it’s midweek and I can’t stop for a pint after!

Hoping to see a youthful team + one or two of the first 18 who’ve failed to appear much thus far.

Would love to see Rothwell, Buckley, Nyambe and Tosin start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Or Grayson or Platt needed an experience centre back next to them would be very different story