BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield united away- League cup

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya that's fair enough. Still though, I think the two lads get unfair criticism when the likes of Armstrong and Leutwiler are arguably worse and more to blame 

Sometimes certain players represent everything bad about a manager - made worse when they get played after they get found out.

Ince had Andrews, Bowyer had Lowe, Mowbray has Evansmallwood.

I’m not overly bothered about the game so I’m following it on Twitter for a change. Whoever is doing the Rovers Twitter commentary tonight though is being completely bone idle. Their first goal came straight after the Williams shot tweet, despite the fact they had a corner, which wasn’t even mentioned until they’d scored.

Rant over, and probably game over looking at the score line too! 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Looking at the replay of the second, Leutwiler should have done a lot better with that.

Fairly nothing shot into the middle of the goal which only curled into the corner at the last minute.

No surprise- we’re in bother if Walton gets injured, unless there’s a decent one in the youth set-up. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Sometimes certain players represent everything bad about a manager - made worse when they get played after they get found out.

Ince had Andrews, Bowyer had Lowe, Mowbray has Evansmallwood.

I wouldn't say he really "has them" in the present sense. I can't see Smallwood playing a league game this season. If Davenport was fit I would have liked to see him tonight, or Tosin 

Just now, scotchrover said:

No surprise- we’re in bother if Walton gets injured, unless there’s a decent one in the youth set-up. 

We actually have quite weak squad depth in all positions except centre midfield.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

As a fan, I looked at that line up and thought Mowbray wasn’t interested in the game.

I wonder if the players think the same...

Why did you think that? Our first choice back 4 (what should be anyway), Dack...I think we took too many risks if anything. We've also dominated the game by the sounds of it, just gash at the back.

The only wtf inclusions are Leutwiler, Smallwood and arguably Evans (he's good enough for a cup game for me though, just not paired with Smallwood). I'd have benched Dack personally, and Cunningham, to keep them fresh.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

As a fan, I looked at that line up and thought Mowbray wasn’t interested in the game.

I wonder if the players think the same...

Do you think so?

I thought he'd put a really strong side out in the circumstances.

Playing well but not taking your chances is a characteristic of sides that generally end up in trouble as has already  been pointed out by jim and others this season.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Why did you think that? Our first choice back 4 (what should be anyway), Dack...I think we took too many risks if anything. We've also dominated the game by the sounds of it, just gash at the back.

The only wtf inclusions are Leutwiler, Smallwood and arguably Evans (he's good enough for a cup game for me though, just not paired with Smallwood). I'd have benched Dack personally, and Cunningham, to keep them fresh.

Yeah apart from the keeper and our engine room....

You honestly thought: great Mowbray is taking this one seriously?

To be honest  i wasn't  bothered  about tonight  and if Evans and Smallwood  have been given a run out tonight  than that must mean they won't  be picked for Saturday . But the same old problems  are there to see the back four can't defend crosses into the box  do they work on defending  im beginning  to wonder