BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield united away- League cup

Just now, bluebruce said:

Why did you think that? Our first choice back 4 (what should be anyway), Dack...I think we took too many risks if anything. We've also dominated the game by the sounds of it, just gash at the back.

The only wtf inclusions are Leutwiler, Smallwood and arguably Evans (he's good enough for a cup game for me though, just not paired with Smallwood). I'd have benched Dack personally, and Cunningham, to keep them fresh.

Gash up front too when it comes to scoring.

Edited by USABlue

Just now, Stuart said:

Yeah apart from the keeper and our engine room....

You honestly thought: great Mowbray is taking this one seriously?

We were already losing by the time I got out of work to know the lineup so I didn't think anything. But even with hindsight, playing 3 of his usual back 4 when we are light on the ground for quality there, and Dack, suggests he is taking it fairly seriously. Not that I particularly want him to. Dack shouldn't be playing, for me. If we end the game with an injury in the back 4 I'll also be annoyed.

But again. We are apparently dominating the play, so TM and the players are obviously taking it seriously. Just think playing Leuts is a mistake (wants to give everyone game time annoyingly). Keepers don't need resting unless injured. Ever.

9 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I have a dream - a post Venky's dream. We will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old negro spritual:

"Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

I remember using that quote somewhere about the Walkers years back lol.

Just now, bluebruce said:

We were already losing by the time I got out of work to know the lineup so I didn't think anything. But even with hindsight, playing 3 of his usual back 4 when we are light on the ground for quality there, and Dack, suggests he is taking it fairly seriously. Not that I particularly want him to. Dack shouldn't be playing, for me. If we end the game with an injury in the back 4 I'll also be annoyed.

But again. We are apparently dominating the play, so TM and the players are obviously taking it seriously. Just think playing Leuts is a mistake (wants to give everyone game time annoyingly). Keepers don't need resting unless injured. Ever.

Completely disagree but respect your opinion.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The Worthington Cup victory in Cardiff is one of my best memories in 60 years of supporting Rovers. We won't be going up this season so why don't we take these competitions seriously? 

Couldn't agree more , it is not just Rovers though most teams field weakened teams....

Gives the manager an excuse , I suppose..

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The Worthington Cup victory in Cardiff is one of my best memories in 60 years of supporting Rovers. We won't be going up this season so why don't we take these competitions seriously? 

Said a couple of weeks back on here that odds of reaching the playoff final are probably worse. Maybe slightly "tongue in cheek" but not entirely unfounded either under Mowbray's management.