BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bury FC rip

4 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

If they don’t reconsider and revoke, I would be inclined to get a legal team together to sue the incompetent bar stuards at the EFL seeing as they should have carried out a Fit and a Proper test in the first place. They kept allowing extensions in Bolton’s case but seemed like they wanted to simply stick the boot into Bury.

May be a show of solidarity by football fans from up and down the country to support Bury’s position. Marches and demonstrations etc. Even if it takes a couple of months for a potential takeover to be approved and go through, they could simply be relegated to League 3 and go again next season, rather than have their registration withdrawn. All seems rather sudden when they are trying their hardest for the situation to be resolved. A hundred and thirty odd years of history being brushed under the carpet.

I think the EFL bent over backwards for Bolton ( much bigger club , no argument) it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Bolton  stood alone ..

I dont think the EFL wanted two clubs from the same area going out of the league , so poor  Bury had to go !!!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You reckon any of that will happen?

No, but it’s what should happen. Our own fans hadn’t the balls to get on the pitch during the Venky’s saga, so to ask any to do it for Bury, is way out of the question. 

Just seen on the BBC website that the Football Supporters’ Association have asked fans at this week’s matches for a minutes applause on the 27th minute. Bury were expelled on the 27th August and they’re the first team for 27 years to lose their league status. Words fail me.

3 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

No, but it’s what should happen. Our own fans hadn’t the balls to get on the pitch during the Venky’s saga, so to ask any to do it for Bury, is way out of the question. 

Just seen on the BBC website that the Football Supporters’ Association have asked fans at this week’s matches for a minutes applause on the 27th minute. Bury were expelled on the 27th August and they’re the first team for 27 years to lose their league status. Words fail me.

We live in a country where people are offended by what someone says and ambivalent about what someone does.

There would be greater outrage if the EFL made an insensitive joke on Twitter than letting a club shut its gates.

• Like 9

I joined the petition. EFL should feel ashamed for allowing one club to exist with a youth team and another to go which had a profiteer in charge. Bury have a team, a manager and now a consortium like Bolton found one 24 hours before. I find it strange (no) that the same circumstances of being late on governance only happened to one. EFL is too lazy to allow Bury the chance to put their hands up and concede the points, get the further deduction and would gladly go down and stay in the league with new owners. Shame on you football and very happy that Alexis Sanchez can go abroad and Manure will pay a mere 300,000 a week for a has been in the mighty Premiership. What a tosspot world we live  in. Rant over. Poor Bury and their town. 

• Like 1

Somebody suggested that the Bolton v bury game scheduled for next Sunday should go ahead and be played at old Trafford with all fans turning up to show solidarity and the proceeds going to all the unpaid players and staff who have lost jobs and suffered through unpaid wages.

i think that would be an excellent idea. Also would be a great opportunity to get banners and protest against the fa, efl, corrupt unfit owners and all the governing bodies ruining our beautiful game. Imagine a packed old Trafford with Bolton, bury, Blackpool, rovers, Coventry, Leyton orient, notts county etc and just football fans who care about our game that is slowly being destroyed. All of football united for all the world to see that we’ve had enough. 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Somebody suggested that the Bolton v bury game scheduled for next Sunday should go ahead and be played at old Trafford with all fans turning up to show solidarity and the proceeds going to all the unpaid players and staff who have lost jobs and suffered through unpaid wages.

i think that would be an excellent idea. Also would be a great opportunity to get banners and protest against the fa, efl, corrupt unfit owners and all the governing bodies ruining our beautiful game. Imagine a packed old Trafford with Bolton, bury, Blackpool, rovers, Coventry, Leyton orient, notts county etc and just football fans who care about our game that is slowly being destroyed. All of football united for all the world to see that we’ve had enough. 

While using the stadium of a club that more than any represents what's wrong with football (and the planet).

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

While using the stadium of a club that more than any represents what's wrong with football (and the planet).

Well they certainly could not play it at the Manchester Council stadium that your team play at if that is the criteria. 

• Like 2

To me Burys expulsion and the lack or consideration of a viable bid, shows it got personal between Jevans and Dale, they wanted Bury out and in the last 48 hours have done nothing to help the lack club Burys statement last night all but confirmed this. The EFL didn't care Day and Dale did what they did under the EFL's watch they wanted Bury gone. No thought for the town or community, I hope James Frith (local MP) whose has been manfully fighting the cause follows through with his threat of parliamentary and legal action.  The last paragraph of Jevans letter to the club yesterday with dripping with contempt ( its on Alan Nixons twitter ).

It also shows if you need the EFL they will not be there and stand up for your club its an absolute travesty and an utter disgrace. One last thing I am not sure Dale ever wanted to sell as he rejected various offers for the club and left it far to late to complete any deal. Factor that in with some of the dubious deals with the CVA then its a complete mess David Conn has done some excellent writing on this recently. Bury will not be the first and there is apparently trouble at Oldham as well

Edited by PeteJD13
added more detail

28 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

To me Burys expulsion and the lack or consideration of a viable bid, shows it got personal between Jevans and Dale, they wanted Bury out and in the last 48 hours have done nothing to help the lack club Burys statement last night all but confirmed this. The EFL didn't care Day and Dale did what they did under the EFL's watch they wanted Bury gone. No thought for the town or community, I hope James Frith (local MP) whose has been manfully fighting the cause follows through with his threat of parliamentary and legal action.  The last paragraph of Jevans letter to the club yesterday with dripping with contempt ( its on Alan Nixons twitter ).

It also shows if you need the EFL they will not be there and stand up for your club its an absolute travesty and an utter disgrace. One last thing I am not sure Dale ever wanted to sell as he rejected various offers for the club and left it far to late to complete any deal. Factor that in with some of the dubious deals with the CVA then its a complete mess David Conn has done some excellent writing on this recently. Bury will not be the first and there is apparently trouble at Oldham as well

Can anyone publish this letter on here?

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some Wilkinson guy. I don't know who he is. It's pretty sad. Feel a bit sorry for him doing something like that for likes and only getting one 

There should be some, actually loads, of classic stuff around in the MB Archives, notorious copy paster often using this MB as a source

• Like 2

Way I understand it, the "fit and proper owner" test basically amounts to 1: have they been disqualified as a financial director 2. do they have a criminal record. The reason it's not more stringent is because the EFL are afraid of litigation if the buyer is not allowed to proceed.

Edited by Amo

open letters from Forever Bury sent to Jevans today

Earlier this morning the Forever Bury board submitted the following two letters directly to Debbie Jevons.

Dear Miss Jevans

We write in response to the EFL’s decision to expel Bury FC from the football league in reliance on Article 4.7.5. It is our position that the application of Article 4.7.5 in this manner is misguided and contrary to the purpose of 4.7.5 which is a protective provision designed to ensure the preservation of a member club by facilitating the transfer of a club’s share as has just occurred in the case of Bolton Wanderers. It is not, and never has been, envisaged as a sword to expel a club from league membership and the EFL’s utilisation of the provision in this manner is both ill-founded and inequitable.

This provision has formed part of the EFL’s articles for over 20 years (being present in all restatements of the EFL’s Memorandum and Articles since those filed on 27 July 1998) and has never in that time been utilised as a mechanism with which to expel a club from league membership. This is despite over 61 ‘Insolvency Events’ occurring in the seasons 1998 to 2008 and 13 of those clubs involved experiencing more than one insolvency event in that period (figures taken from an article published in the International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship in April 2010). Whilst we don’t have the full figures to hand for Insolvency Events over the last ten years, we are aware a further 18 clubs have entered administration in that timeframe, none of which have been expelled from the league by the EFL.

Articles 4.5 and 4.6 on their construction expressly refer to the ‘transfer’ of the membership share which is in contrast to the penal league Regulations which expressly provide for the ‘expulsion’ of a member club such as Regulations 8.2 and 92.2.9. These disciplinary Regulations recognise that where such a serious and fundamental step such as expulsion is recommended by the Board, that it must be ratified by the member clubs at general meeting given the catastrophic consequences that expulsion of a member club has for clubs, players, fans and communities.

It is beyond dispute that the fans and minority shareholders of Bury FC which we represent are sufficiently affected by the outcome of the EFL’s rash decision to expel the club and on this basis we have the requisite standing to request that as a minimum the EFL immediately reinstate Bury’s membership pending ratification of the Board’s recommendation for expulsion at a properly constituted general meeting of the members of the EFL.

The EFL’S misguided handling of this matter has directly prejudiced the interests all Bury FC stakeholders including its creditors, shareholders, players and employees and we reserve all our rights to hold the EFL accountable in this respect.

It is however our hope that this matter can be resolved quickly and without the need for formal legal action to challenge the validity of the EFL’s decision on the grounds that expelling Bury in the manner employed was ultra vires and resulted in procedural unfairness. To this end we should be grateful if you would revert with your decision by no later than 5pm today (30 August 2019).

Additionally, the following email was sent later this morning.

Dear Mrs Jevans,

Further to our earlier letter we also wish to raise the following issues in relation to the EFLs failure to follow procedures and act in accordance with natural justice.

1 How do you justify your failure to inform the staff and owner of the club in advance of a public announcement of Bury FCs expulsion from the League?

2 When the Board made its decision to expel our club,members were not even in the same room together. The final decision was made as a result of some Board members sending in Emails and text messages. How can this be regarded as a professional or legally acceptable way of making such a profoundly important decision?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Amo said:

Way I understand it, the "fit and proper owner" test basically amounts to 1: have they been disqualified as a financial director 2. do they have a criminal record. The reason it's not more stringent is because the EFL are afraid of litigation if the buyer is not allowed to proceed.

Number 3-----"have they any money?" doesn't feature!

The thing is, even if Number 3 was included, Venkys would still get through!

15 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

They would use old Trafford because it's the biggest and most convent location. Nothing more. The fact it's uniteds ground only helps with publicity

• Backroom
On 30/08/2019 at 18:39, PeteJD13 said:

the efl have basically told bury as they aren't members now they don't have to answer the questions this whole mess stinks

Pretty sure someone on here predicted that exact thing a week or so ago

Its an interesting letter from Dale, but of course he has failed to address certain things. the most damning was the sale of the clubs debts to his daughters partner, so you have to wonder if the league are totally to blame, or if it is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I don't trust the league one little bit  and as can be seen from many a shady owner, getting their hands on clubs, the system needs a total overhaul. 

• Like 1