BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

“It’s Football Jim...but not as we know it!” - The NFL Thread

On 03/01/2023 at 12:16, Silas said:

Awful to see such a young athlete in that situation, really hope he pulls through ok.

I see 'the internet' dug up a gofundme page he'd done in 2020 to help poor kids get toys in the pandemic. 

Target was $2,500. Within 12 hours of the incident it had over $3.5 million. 😲😲

Quite touching how quickly people have reacted. One of those rare occasions of social media being a force for good. 

9 days later Hamlin is now home from the hospital; BBC: Demar Hamlin discharged

I expect that he'll be playing next season. I have no idea if, like Eriksen, he had a pacemaker fitted, or it is a case of him rehabbing back to full fitness. 

His gofundme has over $8m in it. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

9 days later Hamlin is now home from the hospital; BBC: Demar Hamlin discharged

I expect that he'll be playing next season. I have no idea if, like Eriksen, he had a pacemaker fitted, or it is a case of him rehabbing back to full fitness. 

His gofundme has over $8m in it. 

Great story. So glad it seems to be a happy ending.

Player home safe and millions raised for kids in need.

I'm definitely going to be rooting for the Bills to win the SuperBowl.

Not just this, but also they're perennial losers tag with losing so many SB's, and they play aggressive attacking football. 

First play of the game on Sunday for Bills was a kick off return for a touchdown, the whole stadium was in raptures, many people in tears, you just couldn't write that.

That is exactly we all love sport.

• 3 weeks later...

The Kansas City Chiefs will play the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl.

The Eagles easily beat San Fransisco, and KC scraped by the Bengals. 

There was some dodgy refereeing in both games. I don't think that it would have changed the result of the 49'ers-Eagles game, but I'd be a bit fed up if I was a Bengals fan. 

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The Kansas City Chiefs will play the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl.

The Eagles easily beat San Fransisco, and KC scraped by the Bengals. 

There was some dodgy refereeing in both games. I don't think that it would have changed the result of the 49'ers-Eagles game, but I'd be a bit fed up if I was a Bengals fan. 

I don't have a dog in the fight but i wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles win now just to shut up Travis Kelce

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest showcase on earth is taking place in Arizona tonight between Chiefs and Eagles.

Rihanna is doing the HT/Show with rumours we'll see Jay-Z too.

Both teams come into the game with identical records, 16 wins and 3 loses this season, I think despite the superb Patrick Mahomes for the Chiefs, the Eagles win this one with a much better defence, but what do I know, it really is a toss of a coin this one. 

Get the popcorn in, the chicken wings out of the freezer and the hot sauce in the fridge, its Superbowl night. 

Edited by Gav

On 12/02/2023 at 03:15, Gav said:

The biggest showcase on earth is taking place in Arizona tonight between Chiefs and Eagles.

Rihanna is doing the HT/Show with rumours we'll see Jay-Z too.

Both teams come into the game with identical records, 16 wins and 3 loses this season, I think despite the superb Patrick Mahomes for the Chiefs, the Eagles win this one with a much better defence, but what do I know, it really is a toss of a coin this one. 

Get the popcorn in, the chicken wings out of the freezer and the hot sauce in the fridge, its Superbowl night. 

A good prediction Gav.

The Chiefs won it 38-35. They played really well in the second half but were helped by 2 Eagles turnovers that resulted in touchdowns, and a very questionable refereeing decision giving the Chiefs a first down which allowed them to run the clock down and kick the winning field goal.

I had plenty of chicken wings too.

• 10 months later...

The NFL playoffs start this weekend. I always enjoy watching them. 

Top seeds this year are Baltimore (AFC), and San Fransisco (NFC). It's hard to look past either of them making it to the Superbowl. Both get a first round bye, and both get to play their game(s) at home. 

This weekend's games are;

Kansas City v. Miami

Buffalo v. Pittsburgh

Houston v. Cleveland

Dallas v. Green Bay

Detroit v. LA Rams

Tampa Bay v. Philadelphia

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/01/2024 at 10:25, speeeeeeedie said:

They won't win it this year. 

I could well be proven wrong. 

It's Kansas City v. San Francisco in the Superbowl. 

Both teams benefitted from opposition errors to win their games, rather than their own good play. 

The Superbowl is always a good day out, I'm looking forward to it as usual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...