BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers badge

I have a number of rovers flags that I've designed and have been made by footballflags.
Here is my latest flag on order, what do you think of the rovers badge in half white, half blue ?

image.thumb.png.1210c639348fec94e0d3bff1a373a044.png

Edited by ewoody

A step forward. Other than nostalgia - and that’s only from the last 30 years or so - I don’t get the love in with the current badge. If it was being put forward today it’d be trashed to high heaven.

- Where is our defining feature of B+W halves?

- That shade of blue around the rim we all hate on a shirt.

- Yellow letters? Why?

- And all that green shrubbery! 

For me it should be halves plus some visual reference to three cups on the run.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

Controversial EiT. :D 

Not averse to a discussion per se but I wouldn’t trust these muppets to come up with something better. Just look at 9 out of 10 of our shirts since they arrived.

I wonder what an Indian inspired effort would look like?

I am not a huge fan of our current badge and I think modernising it would help with the branding of the club and the ability to make attractive wear to sell to supporters. 

I know that saying something like that is likely to get criticised by many on here who will claim that I have no respect for the history of the club, but we have changed badges before and the current version is just ok in my view. 

I would love a version with just a throwback to the usage of the Maltese cross or a simple redesign with just a rose. 

I think the current badge is superb and one of the best in the entire four divisions. It has everything you would want - our name, year of formation, Latin motto and the red rose of Lancashire. Tweaking it a little with the blue and white halved background would be good and, as EiT says, perhaps changing the yellow lettering and also changing the shade of blue to royal blue on the circular part of the badge. A very marginal update, for me.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Putting halves in the background is a daft idea...oh hang on...

791B2D88-DEEA-4CEF-A382-923E2DE1815A.jpeg

Producing for BRFCS.COM a very good logo with just 3 colours. The Rovers badge has 6.

@Claytons Left Boot is the way to go.

Rovers badge history:

https://thefootballcrestindex.com/blogs/premier-league-clubs/blackburn-rovers-fc

I think some dates are wrong in that link and I don't know the bottom right badge at all.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Leave the badge alone the red rose of Lancashire must stay we are true Lancashires No 1 team and that reflects it.

The BRFCS version is quite good but we must never stray too far away from how it is now imo.

I swear they could put a blue and white chicken on it and some would say it was good and modern ?

Just now, tomphil said:

Leave the badge alone the red rose of Lancashire must stay we are true Lancashires No 1 team and that reflects it.

The BRFCS version is quite good but we must never stray too far away from how it is now imo.

I swear they could put a blue and white chicken on it and some would say it was good and modern ?

I'm not sure about the blue and white. Saffron and pink maybe.

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

That's much better - although I see no need to have Blackburn Rovers written around it...just makes it look like a crappy graphic design job. The badge can speak for itself. 

Most badges contain the team name, Eddie.

Controversial view but IF we were to change our badge, then I wouldnt want us to go down the route of a boring circular clip art style thing. 

I'd either like a refurbishment of our current badge - bolder, brighter, less cluttered but keeping the same layout and shape.

Alternatively I'd like us to adopt a variant of the town coat of arms worn in the 1960 Cup final, but with a modern twist.

I've always liked the Blackburn Rugby Club badge as it is a twist on the town arms and think something similar would be nice as a Rovers badge. 

Ticks a lot of boxes. Red rose, Blackburn arms with the water and bees, blue and white badge. Simple yet effective. Could be used as a modern badge but very much traditional. Just need to add the Latin motto and 1875 onto the bottom of it and it would look decent.

fridge-magnet.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Producing for BRFCS.COM a very good logo with just 3 colours. The Rovers badge has 6.

@Claytons Left Boot is the way to go.

Rovers badge history:

https://thefootballcrestindex.com/blogs/premier-league-clubs/blackburn-rovers-fc

I think some dates are wrong in that link and I don't know the bottom right badge at all.

I think the bottom badge is from a cigarette card issued in 1957 , interestingly it shows the badge on the kit  which I did not think  happened until the 60 cup final (although the shirt was badged in the 1928 cup final)  and is a simple representation of the town badge or the one that was possibly  on Rovers officials blazers around that time https://www.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/150518-lot-1327-A-Blackburn-Rovers-Football-Club-blazer-badge-initialled-B-R-F-C-and-bearing-the-town-crest-there?view=lot_detail&auction_id=93 or club documents

Edit : Part of the set of cigarette cards which feature the badge

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I think the current badge is superb and one of the best in the entire four divisions. It has everything you would want - our name, year of formation, Latin motto and the red rose of Lancashire. Tweaking it a little with the blue and white halved background would be good and, as EiT says, perhaps changing the yellow lettering and also changing the shade of blue to royal blue on the circular part of the badge. A very marginal update, for me.

We are in agreement Mark if I can prune a couple of the leaves off!

Since the badged corner flag thing got gazumped by everyone else doing it, I think we should have something somewhere recognizing our three cups on the run (or six in total) Maybe above the badge like Germany have stars for World Cup wins

17 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

A step forward. Other than nostalgia - and that’s only from the last 30 years or so - I don’t get the love in with the current badge. If it was being put forward today it’d be trashed to high heaven.

Been around much longer than 30 years...

• Like 1