BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers Documentary / Help Needed!

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Clearly, you have not got a representative sample.

Representative of who, it's been posted in here and a Blackburn supporters Facebook group. 

Hilarious this thread, I'll be blamed for global warming next ;) 

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Survey only been posted on here and Facebook. What do you mean the “right people”? That’s a bit like the remoaners asking for referendum after referendum til they get the result they want ;) 

I don’t know a single Rovers supporter who could find one neutral thing to say about Kean, let alone a positive. He is rightly despised universally by our fan base. If 1 in 4 of people responding don’t hate him I’d suggest not everyone you’ve asked is very invested in the club.

Peddling a silly, divisive, media coined term like “remoaner” doesn’t help you come across as reasoned or balanced either by the way.

• Like 3

Just now, Miller11 said:

I don’t know a single Rovers supporter who could find one neutral thing to say about Kean, let alone a positive. He is rightly despised universally by our fan base. If 1 in 4 of people responding don’t hate him I’d suggest not everyone you’ve asked is very invested in the club.

Peddling a silly, divisive, media coined term like “remoaner” doesn’t help you come across as reasoned or balanced either by the way.

I'm not trying to come across as anything.

Stop making this thread into a fight or an argument.

I'm making a doc, I shared your views on Venkys, the doc isn't all about them. Simple as.

As for "remoaner", it was simply a joke, one you've not taken so well. What's the issue here? ffs.

4 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Representative of who, it's been posted in here and a Blackburn supporters Facebook group. 

Hilarious this thread, I'll be blamed for global warming next ;) 

If your sample is not representative, your data is skewed. You've clearly got off on a bad tack. Never mind, it was a decent idea, not thought through.

• Like 3

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

If your sample is not representative, your data is skewed. You've clearly got off on a bad tack. Never mind, it was a decent idea, not thought through.

I don't see how the sample isn't representative, just because one result isn't how you expected it to be. That's your opinion, not a fact. Never mind, it was a decent idea, not thought through.

25 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I haven't done the poll but what were the other options for Kean?

There's a big difference between hate and "like"

Of the 27% of people who didn't "HATE" Kean what were their pollings? Just curious is all.

21% didn't like him, and a few % had no opinion of him. Although for balance I have to note a few more have filled out since.

The concept is interesting, whilst I can see why you would a focus more on the current. Everything about our club smacks of managed decline and apathy, all roads lead back to venkys. Will rovers get promoted no chance, will the owners take a pro active interest and look at how the club could go up no they won't.

So no matter how you square a documentary off it still goes back to the owners, div 3 second place and a feel good factor, speaking personally I didn't have one I was utterly crest fallen and embarrassed we had fallen so far. I took no joy in that season at all, a stadium over half empty. Really bland initiatives from the club falling season ticket sales, its complete and utter stagnation that comes back to the owners. They are billionaires with a very successful franchise, yet we don't see any traits of that in how rovers are run. No imaginative ideas to grab fans back or target lapsed supporters. Everything is reactionary nothing is proactive that falls back to the owners.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PeteJD13 said:

The concept is interesting, whilst I can see why you would a focus more on the current. Everything about our club smacks of managed decline and apathy, all roads lead back to venkys. Will rovers get promoted no chance, will the owners take a pro active interest and look at how the club could go up no they won't.

So no matter how you square a documentary off it still goes back to the owners, div 3 second place and a feel good factor, speaking personally I didn't have one I was utterly crest fallen and embarrassed we had fallen so far. I took no joy in that season at all, a stadium over half empty. Really bland initiatives from the club falling season ticket sales, its complete and utter stagnation that comes back to the owners. They are billionaires with a very successful franchise, yet we don't see any traits of that in how rovers are run. No imaginative ideas to grab fans back or target lapsed supporters. Everything is reactionary nothing is proactive that falls back to the owners.

The only positive of that season was when we filled it out vs Oxford and I was thousands of feet in the air the time, wondering what was going on. It showed that we can get the numbers back. Not full week in week out but the interest, if there is something on offer except bland mid-table football, is still there.

Other than that I felt as if every game we had more to lose than the opposition. It was unnerving. Of course it was nice to win each week but it was the lowest point of Venkys ownership and boy have their been some lows.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Because it’s nowhere near that simple. I don’t know if it’s your aim or not, but that’s the same divisive line a lot of people seem to be using at the moment. It’s a pretty common narrative amongst a growing number of our fans to categorise other supporters in one of two camps, pretty much as outlined in that question. It’s used by the more “positive” side to attack the more “negative” side frequently.

My colours are pretty much nailed to the mast as far as Venky’s are concerned, and unsurprisingly I speak to and associate with a lot of people who despise them as much as I do. There is never any talk of “making them pay” aside from an odd off the cuff comment. The prevailing thought presently is generally concern for our future, because of their idiotic actions in our recent past.

Some poignant reminders of their actions recently on here (see Bury thread). And while Jerome Anderson’s involvement can not be understated, absolving Venky’s of any accountability is absolutely ridiculous in my eyes. Jerome wasn’t responsible for Shebby Singh or Owen Coyle (was he?). Even if he was, its under Venky’s watch that they have taken us from the model of how to run a team sensibly and survive in the Premier League to absolutely bleeding money. They have lost a generation of fans. They have taken us from being 20 years ahead of Burnley to 20 years behind them in less than a decade. Everything has been dumbed down at the club from top to bottom after the foundations Jack built. 

Its not even like we did what other clubs did and shot for the moon, over stretched ourselves and paid for it later. It’s just been one long downward spiral caused by negligence, mismanagement and arrogance. And a runners up position in the third tier, though fun in isolation, isn’t a decent pay off.

Any discussion on the last 10 years, what’s happening now, and what’s likely to occur in the future needs to focus on Venky’s... and there’s nothing good to say there.

Spot on.

• Like 1

To be honest, i think that single question quoted earlier would have put off a large chunk from here from even bothering with the survey. I know I didnt. 

35 - 50 people? Is that what we're talking here? Small sample size.

Nobody I know could ever forgive Kean or the Venkies.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

To be honest, i think that single question quoted earlier would have put off a large chunk from here from even bothering with the survey. I know I didnt. 

35 - 50 people? Is that what we're talking here? Small sample size.

Sample size isn't something I can control, I've posted it in relevant places. I myself couldn't either.

13 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Too damn right..the combination of those two nearly proved too much for me and most Rovers fans.

We were having the piss taken out of us in public,we have only just recovered from that nightmare period.Once again threads like this only offer to open up old wounds.

<_<

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

21% didn't like him, and a few % had no opinion of him. Although for balance I have to note a few more have filled out since.

I think I see where you are going wrong.

Raking up the past is never a good idea but when the past is Venkys completely undoing everything Jack built then trying to paint a different picture to somehow ‘approve’ Venkys or give them a fan-backed mandate going forward is going to annoy folk - particularly on here.

Any discussion about the future should be long term: what happens when Venkys leave? (And then sign up to the Rovers Trust.

Until then we are absolutely stuck with them and the best that fans can really do is pretend they aren’t here - at least for as long as they keep funding their mistake.

Or if trying the narrative is to say that Kean was only despised by a minority then I recommend taking your questionnaire to Facebook because a big part of the BRFCS postership is part of that “minority”.

I don’t hate people as a rule, life is too short, but I hate Steve Kean.

12 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Sample size isn't something I can control, I've posted it in relevant places. I myself couldn't either.

Pollsters don’t just put a survey in Facebook. You need a representative sample, you have no control over the responses or responders, easily trolled.

Secondly your question is loaded. Asking if people would rather ‘focus on the past and make someone pay’ is usually somebody would avoid clicking in favour of ‘focusing on the future and moving on’. Human nature.

I despise Venky’s with every fibre of my being, but even I would probably avoid that ‘past’ answer.

Also, why ask if you ‘hate’ Kean? That is a word some people would avoid using even if they thought he was a key architect of our decline.

Think you need to start again and take some advice on board instead of being arsey about it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Think you need to start again and take some advice on board instead of being arsey about it.

I think people have a lot of opinions about Venkys, but I'm not here to make a documentary about Venkys. Any actual help with the documentary I AM making would be openly accepted, and has been privately/publicly. If you don't like what I am making, then don't get involved or watch it etc.. you can't have a go at me for not making something you want me to make.

Secondly your question is loaded. Asking if people would rather ‘focus on the past and make someone pay’ is usually somebody would avoid clicking in favour of ‘focusing on the future and moving on’. Human nature.

There's clearly an option for "Neither Of These Options Apply" which has been used by many.

You are very thin skinned, I was offering some advice, up to you if you take it on board.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

There's clearly an option for "Neither Of These Options Apply" which has been used by many.

It is still a loaded question, wanting to move on and still blaming Venky’s for our lost decade are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You are very thin skinned, I was offering some advice, up to you if you take it on board.

It is still a loaded question, wanting to move on and still blaming Venky’s for our lost decade are not mutually exclusive.

Which is why that third option is there. 

3 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

I think people have a lot of opinions about Venkys, but I'm not here to make a documentary about Venkys. Any actual help with the documentary I AM making would be openly accepted, and has been privately/publicly. If you don't like what I am making, then don't get involved or watch it etc.. you can't have a go at me for not making something you want me to make.

So go ahead and make your documentary with your angle but do expect there to be criticism if people strongly disagree.

You’ve picked a very emotive topic and you will need to have a far thicker skin as a result.

However, if you want balance then your questions have to be balanced and open. As Matty points out, you are trying to lead people to agree with your narrative with the way you are wording your questions. You appear to have already divided your respondents into “positive” and “negative”.

Venkys are still here but you seem to want fans to behave like it’s a fresh start. There can be no fresh start until Venkys and their self-made, failure-chasing, debt are in the past rather than the present. 

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 3

Ok... not sure you are really listening... anyway, good luck with it.

He isn’t listening. But I think he has me on ignore at this point anyway. Nothing worse than someone talking about ‘balance’ while having their hands over their ears and blinkers over their eyes.