BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

It's clearly that Christian Walton is not the answer for the GK position, and he will leave when the season ends anyway.

I have mentioned him earlier, but I think we should "splash the cash" for Andre Hansen i january. He will not cost much and was the norwegian player of the year last season. He is also eager to play abroad. He does have experience from European football and the national team.

And as mentioned by someone else here, Stefan Strandberg is out of contract. He recently played in Russia and have also played in the Bundesliga. He also have experience from European football and the national team.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Swanson said:

It's clearly that Christian Walton is not the answer for the GK position, and he will leave when the season ends anyway.

A down grade on Raya for me. CW seems to have trouble getting down quickly enough to shots. How can you build a spine to a team when you don't even own the goalkeeper!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

Philipp Ziereis - CB at St Pauli in the German Second Tier. Could grab for a million and under, only 26, and a nice height at 6ft 3".

Jannik Müller - CB at Dresden, also in the German Second Tier. Again worth a million or less, 25 years old and a good height at 6ft 2".

Ibrahim Dresevic - CB at Heerenveen in the Dutch League. Would cost a few bob with him only being 22 years old, around 6ft 1".

Arbenit Xhemajli - CB at NE Xamax in the Swiss Super League. Big lad at 6ft 3", only 21 years of age, wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

There are centre-backs out there across Europe. They may not be world beaters, or maybe they might be, but we NEED defenders and if I had the time or the motivation I could list another 20 players just like the ones above. Surely one of said 20 players is available at a cheap enough price. We have to invest in the defence if we want to firstly stay up, and secondly push on in this division.

You should be working for the club. I don’t imagine our defensive scouts have ventured beyond Manchester!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Swanson said:

I have mentioned him earlier, but I think we should "splash the cash" for Andre Hansen i january. He will not cost much and was the norwegian player of the year last season. He is also eager to play abroad. He does have experience from European football and the national team.

And as mentioned by someone else here, Stefan Strandberg is out of contract. He recently played in Russia and have also played in the Bundesliga. He also have experience from European football and the national team.

Sound like decent enough shouts.

League Player of the Season as a goalie takes some doing, even if it is the Norwegian league.

I feel TM is more likely to target another midfielder or striker.

Edited by bluebruce

If we don't get a striker who can score and an "uncompromising" centre-back in January and a new manager, I think we will go down.

Next season our big local derby will be against Accrington.

Never thought I'd live to see it. A scandal.   :angry:

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

If we don't get a striker who can score and an "uncompromising" centre-back in January and a new manager, I think we will go down.

Would you seriously write anymore cheques for this guy  ? I wouldn't. What's to say he wouldn't sign another non scoring centre forward or a centre half made of bone china. I'd be more worried about keeping the couple of good players we've got.

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

There's no reason to think we need all three of those things just to survive. Just a good manager will do. We aren't in the relegation zone right now, with the crap one we've got.

Just now, bluebruce said:

There's no reason to think we need all three of those things just to survive. Just a good manager will do. We aren't in the relegation zone right now, with the crap one we've got.

The team is playing like a relegation zone team at the moment. They look to me like a team that is no longer playing for the manager.

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Would you seriously write anymore cheques for this guy  ? I wouldn't. What's to say he wouldn't sign another non scoring centre forward or a centre half made of bone china. I'd be more worried about keeping the couple of good players we've got.

NO I wouldn't and that's a real worry because, if so, we couldn't improve the squad with him still here. That's why I wrote about getting a new manager, striker and centre-back in the New Year.

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It is possible that a new manager alone could pull the squad together and survive. Depending on the manager.

Certainly there is a hopeless and resigned atmosphere around the squad right now. They've given up on him.

I know we are not in the relegation zone right now but that's where we are heading.

Edited by 47er

I can’t think of areas that need strengthening more than others. We literally just need to sign anyone better than what we have in any position.

we have a shit gk on loan and don’t own our own

we need a RB (as nyambe must of spat his wife’s lemon drizzle out)

we need an upgrade on the CBs

we need at least one LB

we need proper wingers

we need a top CM 

and we need strikers that score

that is some fuck up by Tony by my reckoning 

edit. Oh and we need to ship out the rest of the shit he’s signed over the previous windows plus evans

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

Honestly the clubs recruitment is embarrassing. I would much rather have Paul Downing, Matt Killgallon and Elliott Ward at the club right now than Tosin Adarabioyo, Derrick Williams and Ryan Nyambe filling in as a centre-back. We've sold off bang average players like the ones above, and on paper that's great, but left the squad so thin defensively. How we let Paul Downing go, who was always bang on when he was needed, is beyond me, considering we've got no defenders. Same with Mulgrew.

There's literally 40, maybe 50, centre-backs out there, in League One, our league, the German League, Belgium, Holland etc... and the club means to tell us that not a single one, not ONE, was available at a cheap price, and was willing to come. I understand the whole, gelling in, and style thing, but we just need some centre-backs. Proper, 6ft something, big fuckers who are genuinely central defenders. Yes Patrick Bauer fell through, but seriously, Patrick Bauer was the only defender we tracked? Bollocks. It was a conscious decision.

The clubs excuses for not doing so are yet to be explained, but I'm sure at some point they'll come out, and I'll be having none of it.

It ain't difficult, the club made the choice not to sign defenders, the club made a mistake and they won't just admit it. There's no rectifying it until next year for me, as we never do anything in January anyway. Sad.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I'm not sure where to put this but it was a potential transfer. Sorry if this offends some as it could be a stark reminder of where we were versus the current malaise.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11843087/how-blackburn-rovers-almost-bought-robert-lewandowski

I can't bring myself to read it Arbitro.

Worrying thing with a number of Mowbray signings is that they make backwards progress under him. I actually don't think he's signed that many duds, he just plays them out of position most of the time. Theres a few in the current squad that can most certainly improve under someone else.

• Like 1

DISCLAIMER: It's detailed, never going to happen, and basically just football manager gone paragraphed... but I don't see what's so difficult. This solution won't be for everyone, but at least its more of an effort than the club have made for the last three windows!

The January Transfer window if I had any say:

• Terminate Walton loan (on MASSIVE wages and not here past Summer anyway)
    Replace with Karl Darlow permanently from Newcastle.
  • Sign Britt Assombalonga for £10m (or someone else like him) - we need a forward who can score that isn't 34.
  • Move on Corry Evans, Dominic Samuel, Sam Hart and Richie Smallwood whatever the cost - they're both eating away our wage bill.
  • Recall Scott Wharton from his loan, let Joe Grayson go and play some bloody football somewhere on loan, maybe with his Dad at Blackpool?
  • Pick up at least two centre-backs on the cheap from Europe, (Jannik Müller & Philipp Ziereis are two I've found and like the look of.)
  • Get some nice long contracts on Butterworth, JRC, Buckley and Vale - and give these lads some game time (see Jude Bellingham at Birmingham aged 16)
  • Bring back one of the Olsson brothers, we need a left-back, Bell ain't it, Cunningham's basically gone for the season - one of them is free right now I think?

And the worst thing is, none of this stuff is difficult, it's on the striker that would cost much at all. Just need to pull ourselves together and do what needs to be done, everyone can see it. It's common sense, basic football shit, and the club just can't seem to get it right.

Darlow
Nyambe   Lenihan   New CB (Muller/Ziereis for exa.) Williams  Olsson
                                  Travis   Rothwell
                    Holtby           Dack          Downing
                                  Assombalonga

Subs: Leutwiler, New CB (Muller/Ziereis for example), Johnson, Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Armstrong, Graham.

Finish about 10th, spend another £10-15m in summer on another striker, another winger and some full backs and actually push for promotion in 2020/21.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

but I don't see what's so difficult.

You don't. None of us do because we don't work in the sport.

It's all well and good acting like you know the answers, and detailing a fantasy to which we can all throw weight behind, but unfortunately the game doesn't work like that.

For every signing that Mowbray makes it has to go through India. He could have Virgil Van Dijk lined up but if Madame doesn't say go it's a no go. I repeat: there has been zero appetite for defensive reinforcements since they have taken over so what makes you think things have changed

Our lack of defence is an issue which has spanned almost a full decade. It won't change unless the ambition of our owners change.

11 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You don't. None of us do because we don't work in the sport.

It's all well and good acting like you know the answers, and detailing a fantasy to which we can all throw weight behind, but unfortunately the game doesn't work like that.

For every signing that Mowbray makes it has to go through India. He could have Virgil Van Dijk lined up but if Madame doesn't say go it's a no go. I repeat: there has been zero appetite for defensive reinforcements since they have taken over so what makes you think things have changed

Our lack of defence is an issue which has spanned almost a full decade. It won't change unless the ambition of our owners change.

Okay.