BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Charlie Austin is a good example. If he gets you promotion  and you think you need a better striker for the Prem you sell him on to another Championship club  for  more or less what you paid for him. If you don't get promoted you keep him for another go at promotion.

That's a much more sensible purchase that chucking big bucks at some kid who may or may not make it 2 or 3 years in the future.

Hasn’t Charlie Austin only scored 1 goal this season?

1 hour ago, Amo said:

I don't think anyone has Chapman down as a world-beater. What they see is a quick, direct winger who's out in the cold for reasons they can't fathom. 

I'm simply providing a theory for those reasons. Not just purely hating on HC, I'm just saying it's clearly why TM isn't playing him.

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Hasn’t Charlie Austin only scored 1 goal this season?

Yeah! I tried to allude to that, he's not just a goalscorer, he's their glue. Every piece of play comes off him like a sounding board. He's just an example of a striker who adds to a team, but isn't necessarily young and marketable for re-sale.

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

“I think it’s fair to say that Amari’i is striving to find some consistency in his performances and that’s why he’s found himself in and out of the team.”

That’s a bit back to front. But good for Amari’i’s confidence nonetheless.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

would people like to sign tosin on a permanent and how likely/possible would it be ?

what kind of fee would be the going rate ?

Based on his last appearance, yes. Based on the others, not so sure though we do need numbers back there of course so possibly still a yes. 

Certainly has potential but the common consensus with WBA fans was he was better as a DM. You can see why too, he can pass and is a bit more adventurous while his defensive abilities I am not totally convinced about yet. He also played RB a bit for them.

As for if he would come, again, not sure. He seems to have lofty ambitions of breaking into the City team. Cost? depends on how much City rate him but we did get Davenport, another promising kid from them for fairly cheap.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

Not many teams play 4-4-2 to be fair but I wonder would Armstrong be better in a two. He’s not the best finisher and I think Rhodes had a real poacher’s instinct for knowing where to be in the box which sets him way above Armstrong as a striker. I don’t think Rhodes would cost much on a loan though he may well be on big wages. 

Let's face it, under Mowbray Rhodes would be on the bench and might get a spell in midfield for 20 mins if we're 2-0 down.

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

So just another left back then - possibly. Plus the usual bigging up of the opponents team just to give our players some confidence and motivation. 

How about Fabio Coentrao or Alex Buttner on a 6 month deal? Both out of contract.

Just now, Swanson said:

How about Fabio Coentrao or Alex Buttner on a 6 month deal? Both out of contract.

Didnt Buttner just go to an MLS side last week? Would love Coentrao but worried as to why he has no club at 31.

24 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Didnt Buttner just go to an MLS side last week? Would love Coentrao but worried as to why he has no club at 31.

Oh I did not know that, thought that he was a free agent still. Yes true about Coentrao, might be wages related.

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

would people like to sign tosin on a permanent and how likely/possible would it be ?

It’s impossible that he’d sign permanent for us. He’s going to be playing for a palace or west ham in my opinion. So much improvement to come aswell. Not sure which position he will end up in, perhaps a deep lying central midfielder 

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Personally not really. What we need is a couple of old school defenders who can run, win the ball in the air, have strong positioning and can clear their lines. Tosin is more of a sweeper tbh.

Not saying hes a bad player, just why he offers is way down the priority list. I'm sure City would be looking for serious money also.

12 hours ago, JacknOry said:

So just another left back then - possibly. Plus the usual bigging up of the opponents team just to give our players some confidence and motivation. 

TM's direct comments only talk about a left back. But the article mentions we will consider CB and keepers.

So, another CM or wide midfielder it is.

11 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Yes I would if he is going perform every game like the Sheff Wed game. He was excellent. 

I would say 5 mil plus a huge sell on fee clause.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would if he is going perform every game like the Sheff Wed game. He was excellent. 

I would say 5 mil plus a huge sell on fee clause.

Seems a bit of an overreaction to pay that sort of hefty and random fee based on one game when hes underwhelmed prior, its a big if that he will now continue with that performance level based on what weve seen.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Seems a bit of an overreaction to pay that sort of hefty and random fee based on one game when hes underwhelmed prior, its a big if that he will now continue with that performance level based on what weve seen.

I havent said we will buy him. 

Yes we need a keeper, Centre defender and left back in January

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I havent said we will buy him. 

Yes we need a keeper, Centre defender and left back in January

Yeah we do, but doubt Mowbray will fix our defensive problems. All 3 positions you mention are major issues, a right back ideally too to compete with Nyambe and we can get rid of Bennett.

Yeah we do, but doubt Mowbray will fix our defensive problems. All 3 positions you mention are major issues, a right back ideally too to compete with Nyambe and we can get rid of Bennett.

Well we see what funds we got in January. 

Keep Bennett for sure. 

Experience keeper and Left back are a must. And a centre back.  

Someone like Max Lowe for left back spot from Derby. 

An Experience keeper like Forest keeper Pantilimon from Forest. 

I see we are linked with Sheffield Wednesday number 2 keeper Dawson. He only 24. Not seen much of him so.dont know much about him. So cant comment on him tbh. 

I would guess that Venkys will invest sensible money on younger signings

Edited by chaddyrovers

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we see what funds we got in January. 

Keep Bennett for sure. 

Experience keeper and Left back are a must. And a centre back.  

Someone like Max Lowe for left back spot from Derby. 

An Experience keeper like Forest keeper Pantilimon from Forest. 

I see we are linked with Sheffield Wednesday number 2 keeper Dawson. He only 24. Not seen much of him so.dont know much about him. So cant comment on him tbh. 

I would guess that Venkys will invest sensible money on younger signings

Mowbray wont spend any funds even if he got any on defenders as we all know.

Pantillimon is crap, theres a reason hes nowhere near Forests team anymore.

We wont ger out of the bottom half with the likes of Bennett in our team.

That implies that Venkys have a sensible plan in place. Spending milllions and millions on non scoring strikers is the plan.

At the end of this season we will be left with the same problems we've had for several Transfer Windows, but they will have increased with the annual churn from loanees.

I'm assuming we're still in this Division of course.

Mowbray wont spend any funds even if he got any on defenders as we all know.

Pantillimon is crap, theres a reason hes nowhere near Forests team anymore.

We wont ger out of the bottom half with the likes of Bennett in our team.

That implies that Venkys have a sensible plan in place. Spending milllions and millions on non scoring strikers is the plan.

Im not going over this time after time with you. You did the same in the summer to me on another social media site when I suggest names we should look at..

Venkys supply the funds not.choose the signings. They trust Mowbray and our current management structure in place

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Im not going over this time after time with you. You did the same in the summer to me on another social media site when I suggest names we should look at..

Venkys supply the funds not.choose the signings. They trust Mowbray and our current management structure in place

Do you trust Mowbray to sign the players we need, out of interest?