BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, AJW said:

2 tough away games this week followed by Wigan and Birmingham at home (definately winnable) and Huddersfield away (again a game we have the qualities to win) , it's quite possible rovers  could be in in top 6 by the time the window opens , that might get Venkys in the mood to spend 

And TM in the mood to decide we really don't need new players after all...

Club has a transfer window strategy; this is the third of the four so there will be budget. 

I guess if we are top six, more would be in the pot but a combination of scarcity of players in January and Mowbray not the best at the transfer game could leave us short again. Defensive cover desperately needed plus a keeper superior to Raya- that's a tough ask..

Just now, philipl said:

Club has a transfer window strategy; this is the third of the four so there will be budget. 

I guess if we are top six, more would be in the pot but a combination of scarcity of players in January and Mowbray not the best at the transfer game could leave us short again. Defensive cover desperately needed plus a keeper superior to Raya- that's a tough ask..

Heard three championship clubs are looking at Kellyan from Malaga. Tipped to be a star.

Edited by Scotland1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Heard three championship clubs are looking at Kellyan from Malaga. Tipped to be a star.

Not heard of him before, but he's 21. You wouldn't think that would come under our current remit unless we are picking up two in light of Walton and Jayson being gone in the summer.

If we do bring in someone so young for the position again, could be a bit of a 'fuck you' to Fisher and Hilton.

If the strategy is to spend the 20 million Venkys allegedly wanted to give TM after promotion over a number of windows instead of all at once there won't be that much left.  Let's hope it's spent properly for once although i fear he's already blown the surplus on extra wages for Downing, Tosin loan fee and Holtby, Johnson contracts.

This window will pass quietly i think in terms of incomings whilst trying to drum up a great bid for Dack by stealth then saying they've triumphed in holding onto him when one doesn't materialise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Martinez was broke by myself and then came to light in the papers if you good Martinez Blackburn. There was talks 100%

Thanks for the replying. 

You heard anything yet about potential names yet?

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I still think people underestimate our need for more of a threat from an attacking sense. Our team isnt one which is fine going forward but broken at the back, we arent a top 6 team in either department at the moment. Without Dack we are devoid of any other consistent goal threat. Graham is still as critical to us as ever but it is becoming clearer and clearer that it isnt healthy for us to be so reliant on him, and up front, none of Mowbrays big 3 signings have the capability to go on a run of goals from what theyve shown.

The issue with Brewster is no matter how highly rated he is, I dont think hes ever made a League appearance, just a few low priority cup games if im not mistaken, and im not sure if hes scored a senior goal. People can point to Tammy Abraham but he had already proven his capability at this level before he scored the goals to get Villa promoted. Playing for England youth teams is not the same.

I'm sorry roversfan99 but My opinion is we have enough in those attacking positions. We cant keep making signings after signings without getting rid of a few 1st. 

We have Rothwell and Holtby who could fill the 10 role or just played Gallagher or Brereton or Armstrong up front with Graham. 

We need a keeper, left back and centre back

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AJW said:

2 tough away games this week followed by Wigan and Birmingham at home (definately winnable) and Huddersfield away (again a game we have the qualities to win) , it's quite possible rovers  could be in in top 6 by the time the window opens , that might get Venkys in the mood to spend 

Oh don't be talking like that and getting my hopes 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2019 at 23:42, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the replying. 

You heard anything yet about potential names yet?

I'm sorry roversfan99 but My opinion is we have enough in those attacking positions. We cant keep making signings after signings without getting rid of a few 1st. 

We have Rothwell and Holtby who could fill the 10 role or just played Gallagher or Brereton or Armstrong up front with Graham. 

We need a keeper, left back and centre back

Nothing worth passing on no. Few loan enquiries and perm keeper on the agenda 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Honestly have no names to suggest if they were experienced or not, just that they are looking. Don’t believe it’s in the thinking of coming in as number 1 tho with Walton preferred for the remainder 

Odd way to do it. Why would you not sign your 'own' keeper and make him number one, if, which he should be, he is better than the keeper we have 'borrowed' from somewhere else?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Honestly have no names to suggest if they were experienced or not, just that they are looking. Don’t believe it’s in the thinking of coming in as number 1 tho with Walton preferred for the remainder 

Jesus christ. Just what we need. Someone worse than Walton!

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/best-championship-players-preston-north-17410110

Some good quality players on that list who we could potentially get on the cheap with a few months left on their contract...

Bialkowski? Shea looked decent for Luton..

But it’s the defenders who I like...Ayala, Friend and Cooper would be fantastic additions. 

• Like 1

Ayala and Friend have the Middlesbrough connection too, so Mowbray will salivating at the thought of snatching a couple of experienced defenders from such a huge club.

Jordan Rhodes is on there too, we all know Dack is going in the summer, so what would people's thoughts be of signing Rhodes and going to a more traditional 4-4-2 lineup? Or is he past it now?

Rudd might be good for the GK position, and obviously everyones favourite defender Cooper is on there.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/best-championship-players-preston-north-17410110

Some good quality players on that list who we could potentially get on the cheap with a few months left on their contract...

Bialkowski? Shea looked decent for Luton..

But it’s the defenders who I like...Ayala, Friend and Cooper would be fantastic additions. 

Realistically I would look at Ayala, Cooper, Friend, Wallace and Rudd.