BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

8 hours ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Well bully for you mate and good luck to the Preston lads mentioned, but I'm not here to argue if Rovers academy is shit or not I'm talking about developing players Rovers players I couldn't really give a shit about Preston to be honest and you have shown you haven't a clue when it comes to Rovers academy players with you spouting they are all shit, it sounds to me like someone nay have an axe to grind, did you or a family member get binned from Rovers academy or something as you seem to have a real downer on it 

Ah, no.  I just see all the local talent going elsewhere and our scouting system is 2nd rate.  Yes, I do work in elite football so I know exactly what's going on.  We will see going forward who actually plays in the first team, but as far as local talent goes, we never get them signed 

• Like 1

Just now, The Axe said:

Interesting that your response is an attempt at legal pedantry rather than any attempt to justify the veracity of your original statement.

It was a joke mate. Lighten up!! ??‍♂️
(The bit where I asked who JA was)

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not one of them came through our academy, you are missing my point.  Nyambe was developed elsewhere,  Travis at Liverpool and Lenihan in Ireland....all 17 whe  they joined us ...

Let me tell you something, all the schools local talent is going to preston or Burnley,  not to us...fact.  we need to get them at 9 , 10, 11 ,.....the academy isnt as good as you think it is.....

So, how many first team players have we developed?

This isn’t true either. Quite sure Nyambe went to Wilfred’s after moving here and went to the academy shortly after. 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Ah, no.  I just see all the local talent going elsewhere and our scouting system is 2nd rate.  Yes, I do work in elite football so I know exactly what's going on.  We will see going forward who actually plays in the first team, but as far as local talent goes, we never get them signed 

I don’t think there’s any doubt that our scouting network was decimated during the Kean era. But ultimately we have / are developing some very good players from the academy into the first team. You don’t get extra points for getting them at 8yrs old do you? 

Also - Must spend half my social life with people currently and previously in professional football....never ever heard one of them say they’re in ‘elite football’...awksy

• Like 1

There's no doubting we have a top academy, training facilities, coaches, pitches, living spaces etc etc etc...

What you can doubt is how many youth players are making it to a top level, compared to other PL2 Div 1 teams.

Look at Manchester CIty, two points behind us in the PL2(1) table. We've shown this season and last that we're better than them at youth level, but you can guarantee that Taylor Hardwood-Bellis (made his debut vs Oxford in the cup) will probably end up starting for England, and Scott Wharton won't play a first team game for this club ever again.

We're either massively underplaying our lads quality (the fan base) and Dan Butterworth is going to be getting 20 goals a season for us by 2021/22, or we're doing something wrong in the set-up. 

People can make up their own minds about which it is.

Edited by JoeH

Just now, JoeH said:

There's no doubting we have a top academy, training facilities, coaches, pitches, living spaces etc etc etc...

What you can doubt is how many youth players are making it to a top level, compared to other PL2 Div 1 teams.

Look at Manchester CIty, two points behind us in the PL2(1) table. We've shown this season and last that we're better than them at youth level, but you can guarantee that Taylor Hardwood-Bellis (made his debut vs Oxford in the cup) will probably end up starting for England, and Scott Wharton won't play a first team game for this club ever again.

We're either massively underplaying our lads quality (the fan base) and Dan Butterworth is going to be getting 20 goals a season for us by 2021/22, or we're doing something wrong in the set-up. 

People can make up their own minds about which it is.

It’s all about context Joe. We’re sat with the elite clubs and are bringing players into the first team. But ultimately we don’t have the money or pull of the likes of Man City. The very best players aren’t going to be signing for anyone other that the top clubs.

I can tell you though that people are taking note. There’s lots of players choosing us when they leave big clubs. That’s because they can see the pathway.

Nyambe, Raya, Lenihan and Travis are proof that the system is working. Three of those sit in a group that could easily do a job in the Prem. Raya has great potential too...but Butterworth, Buckley, JRC, Magloire have potential to be even better than those before them. That’s the belief of the current team and one of the big reasons Jonty was pushed into the first team picture this season.

• Moderation Lead

Hi lads/lasses, just a reminder, calling someone ‘clueless’ because we don’t agree with them won’t be tolerated from here on out as it’s an insult. I’m sure you’re all capable of discussing without resorting to this. No matter how much we may disagree. Happy (Mad) Friday.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Nyambe, Raya, Lenihan and Travis are proof that the system is working. Three of those sit in a group that could easily do a job in the Prem. Raya has great potential too...but Butterworth, Buckley, JRC, Magloire have potential to be even better than those before them. That’s the belief of the current team and one of the big reasons Jonty was pushed into the first team picture this season.

These are brought in as youth players.  In the 80s before our fabled academy we had A and B teams.....the academy is supposed to bring in school kids and develop them. Local boys in the immediate area who feel the club and have parents who support Rovers...they are all going to PNE and Burnley right now as we speak.  I'm involved and I have scouts contacting me all the time to see our players, pne,  burnley, bolton, Everton,......never hear from rovers scouts.  ( even Morecambe are more pro active) it's apathy throughout the club....owners don't care so why should anyone else

You might as well shut it down and just go back to the old way as we are getting the same results....

When was the last time a local player did well for us apart from Dunny?

Edited by Sparks Rover

26 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hi lads/lasses, just a reminder, calling someone ‘clueless’ because we don’t agree with them won’t be tolerated from here on out as it’s an insult. I’m sure you’re all capable of discussing without resorting to this. No matter how much we may disagree. Happy (Mad) Friday.

Oh god what has this place become.

53 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think you’ll be busy on ICBINF then!

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

These are brought in as youth players.  In the 80s before our fabled academy we had A and B teams.....the academy is supposed to bring in school kids and develop them. Local boys in the immediate area who feel the club and have parents who support Rovers...they are all going to PNE and Burnley right now as we speak.  I'm involved and I have scouts contacting me all the time to see our players, pne,  burnley, bolton, Everton,......never hear from rovers scouts.  ( even Morecambe are more pro active) it's apathy throughout the club....owners don't care so why should anyone else

You might as well shut it down and just go back to the old way as we are getting the same results....

When was the last time a local player did well for us apart from Dunny?

Ahhh...finally. But no, things have moved on now. The job of top academies like ours and the others in the top category is to produce first team players and revenue in sales. They are looking for the best players nationally and internationally. The local thing is romantic but outdated. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I'm wrong? You're going on about PNE who don't even have an u23s team, and have a Cat3 academy so any youth player they send out on loan is coming from either their18s or is not getting any game time due to being to old for the 18s and not good enough for their 1st team, so a loan to a non league club is about the LEVEL they are at as football is about levels (but you seem to have more knowledge about that than me haha, yeah right) and their youth players are nowhere near the level of Rovers  

Yes I've seen a hell of a lot of Buckley, in fact the only people who may have seen more of him are his family, he may be slight but he is very technical, he is a clever footballer who knows how to carry the ball well and protect it, if Buckley was made available tommorow the clubs chasing him would be ridiculous trust me, I've been watching youth football at the highest level for the last 15 years (not just Rovers) I know a decent footballer when I see one and I also know what footballers need for development, and your idea is antiquated in fact it's going back to the 60s and 70s so sorry if you don't get football mate, that's not my problem

Buckley is so far above Conference level he would get kicked to fuck and that is not developing anyone what so ever

Rovers is a different animal, as I've stated and if you knew about academy football you would know that the U23s play against the top youth players in the country, ask yourself this, would Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester City ect ect ect send their youngsters to the conference North, would they balls, Man United u23s are a division below Rovers u23s, you won't see any of their lads anywhere near the conference North, the players they have out on loan are at Southend, Tromso (Norway) and Morecombe to name a few that's because it doesn't suit player development to place them in a club at a level we'll below the developing player, (see levels again) 1st and foremost it's about the football nothing else, simple as that, but you expect Rovers to send their youngsters down there, even the one that has shown he has something about him and is actually involved day in day out with the 1st team, I think you are the one that is Wrong massively, so if you have nothing more than send him to a conference North team to toughen him up or whatever don't bother responding to this as it will show me your LEVEL of knowledge, which at the min ain't much mate

Just flicking through our Development squad details.......half of them are or have been on loan to FC United of Manchester and Barrow......so it looks like we do send young lads to ay in mens football non league....

Lancaster are in the same league as FCUM, Northern Premier, so what are you talking about  .?  If you knew so much maybe you'd have known that before getting carried away with yourself

?

Edited by Sparks Rover

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The very best players aren’t going to be signing for anyone other that the top clubs.

But this simply doesn't add up. Blackburn 23's are above Manchester City 23's, beat them three times in the last calendar year. We CLEARLY have better players at that level. But ours seem much less likely to make it.

Is there an issue with the transition between the 23's and first team?
Are we simply not giving them enough chances?
Are we not utilising the loan market?

All of these Q's are valid, but to say that we simply don't have the players that a team like Manchester City do isn't true. Because our 23's are better than theirs!

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

But this simply doesn't add up. Blackburn 23's are above Manchester City 23's, beat them three times in the last calendar year. We CLEARLY have better players at that level. But ours seem much less likely to make it.

Is there an issue with the transition between the 23's and first team?
Are we simply not giving them enough chances?
Are we not utilising the loan market?

All of these Q's are valid, but to say that we simply don't have the players that a team like Manchester City do isn't true. Because our 23's are better than theirs!

The city u23s that we play against arent their best. They are all out playing mens football , not that sanitised rubbish that is the U23 league. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The city u23s that we play against arent their best. They are all out playing mens football , not that sanitised rubbish that is the U23 league. 

Wrong again Mr Elite Football

They are the best, the best they have available, the others are on loan all over the place, but funnily enough non are in the Conference

31 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Wrong again Mr Elite Football

They are the best, the best they have available, the others are on loan all over the place, but funnily enough non are in the Conference

Yes not Barrow or FC Uunited like us.....they're on loan to us and others like us

Toisin is 22 so could play for their U23s

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Right... but more of City's Under 23's that stay home and don't go out on loan will still make it... ours don't. Why? They don't have that many of their own youth players out on loan. They loan out the Nuttall, Chapman types who they've signed at 22 years old.

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Tosin is 22 so could play for their U23s

Travis is 21 so could play for ours but that's besides the point.

City have a set of 23's lads playing for the team like we do, yet those players (not the ones on loan) will be more likely to make it than ours. There's a reason for that, but I can't put my finger on it. Baffles me.