BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Weren’t Henley and Lowe local

Yes, and both were shite! ?? 

Here’s a good question. How many Blackburn born lads have made it big time Anywhere in the last 20yrs? I’m guessing not so many....so maybe, just maybe we’re not picking them up because they’re not good enough.

Why does it matter where we get them from and / or what age? The ONLY thing that matters, surely is that players are transitioning from academy into the first team? Right? 

Edited by Paul Mani

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Strange that you’re still going on about mate. You bored?

Only of keyboard warriors like you. Would you tell Edinho's father, a fair footballer himself, to his face that that his son was a Portuguese no mark. And if you're including Nuno Gomes in that group it demonstrates nothing other than a complete ignorance.

Why does it matter where we get them from and / or what age? The ONLY thing that matters, surely is that players are transitioning from academy into the first team? Right? 

I'd tend to agree although don't most Spanish clubs recruit only in their region and that breeds a stronger identity in the team and possibly bond with the fans? I'm not too sure but I wonder if we couldn't learn a thing or two about bringing youth through from Spanish clubs. 

Also on the local front part of me feels it'd be better if they were local - easier to settle/convince to join and perhaps this improves their chance of making it, but then given we are locally competing with a lot of clubs in the north west including some.powerhpusr clubs perhaps further afield is better after all. 

Sorry bit of a Friday evening brain dump! As long as they are coming through at a decent rate and quality though that's the main thing. Always room to think about how you improve though. 

• Like 1

Here’s a good question. How many Blackburn born lads have made it big time Anywhere in the last 20yrs? I’m guessing not so many....so maybe, just maybe we’re not picking them up because they’re not good enough.

Right. I agree with you

just naming two local lads that came through to the first team in recent years 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Axe said:

Only of keyboard warriors like you. Would you tell Edinho's father, a fair footballer himself, to his face that that his son was a Portuguese no mark. And if you're including Nuno Gomes in that group it demonstrates nothing other than a complete ignorance.

Seems like you’re the one who’s all angry pal. You’re the warrior, Not me.

Edinho was crap, as were most of the rest who turned up, took a wage and skulked back off to Portugal. If I met the guys dad I’d be pretty happy to tell him that too. In fact I could prob get a few of the squad from that time to stand with me in agreeance whilst I told his dad. ???

Gomes was finished too and defo on his last pay day. Crap ??

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Right. I agree with you

just naming two local lads that came through to the first team in recent years 

I know you were mate. I just can’t believe you’re having to rack your brain to name Lowe and Henley (who were utter bobbins) but somehow win the day because they lived near Blackburn. Mind blowing 

• Like 1

Just now, The Axe said:

Could I also ask @K-Hod if calling a fellow Rovers fan ‘ignorant’ is as bad as ‘clueless’? In the interests of fairness...They seem equally as bad to me? 

Could I also ask @K-Hod if calling a fellow Rovers fan ‘ignorant’ is as bad as ‘clueless’? In the interests of fairness...They seem equally as bad to me? 

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Seems like you’re the one who’s all angry pal. You’re the warrior, Not me.

Edinho was crap, as were most of the rest who turned up, took a wage and skulked back off to Portugal. If I met the guys dad I’d be pretty happy to tell him that too. In fact I could prob get a few of the squad from that time to stand with me in agreeance whilst I told his dad. ???

Gomes was finished too and defo on his last pay day. Crap ??

Would enjoy seeing you stand up in a few bars in LIsbon I could name and calling Nuno Gomes crap.

• Like 1

So you think this is worse than making a totally wrong statement and labelling six players as insignificant and worthless.

• Backroom

Merry Xmas Axe and Paul Mani!

Are we really ringing in this festive period in style by bickering with our fellow supporters over some player recruitment from years ago?!

Do you realise how crazy that sounds?

Instead of running to a mod to referee the situation,  can you not just either debate civilly,  or agree to disagree and move on please. 

• Like 4

Sorry long time lurker not much of a poster. But something’s bugging me... Nyambe by his own account was scouted by Rovers at 13 and signed...  That was straight from the horses mouth on one of the recent videos.

• Like 2

Just now, maccy said:

Sorry long time lurker not much of a poster. But something’s bugging me... Nyambe by his own account was scouted by Rovers at 13 and signed...  That was straight from the horses mouth on one of the recent videos.

Nyambe quickly joined a junior team in Manchester, and within three years he was earning trials with professional clubs.

He continued: “I joined a local team when I first moved here. I was playing with my school as well and two of my friends got scouted for Blackburn and obviously I wanted to get scouted as well. It was just a case of working hard and then eventually that happened.

“I was 13 when I first signed and I worked my way through the age groups. We used to train on a Monday and a Thursday afternoon so they put transport for us to come in to training.

3 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Nyambe quickly joined a junior team in Manchester, and within three years he was earning trials with professional clubs.

He continued: “I joined a local team when I first moved here. I was playing with my school as well and two of my friends got scouted for Blackburn and obviously I wanted to get scouted as well. It was just a case of working hard and then eventually that happened.

“I was 13 when I first signed and I worked my way through the age groups. We used to train on a Monday and a Thursday afternoon so they put transport for us to come in to training.

That doesn't actually say he signed for Rovers at 13 though, does it? I've no idea whether he did or not by the way!

On 19/12/2019 at 17:31, Sparks Rover said:

Not one of them came through our academy, you are missing my point.  Nyambe was developed elsewhere,  Travis at Liverpool and Lenihan in Ireland....all 17 whe  they joined us ...

Let me tell you something, all the schools local talent is going to preston or Burnley,  not to us...fact.  we need to get them at 9 , 10, 11 ,.....the academy isnt as good as you think it is.....

So, how many first team players have we developed?

So comparing apples to apples how old were those Preston lads you mentioned when the signed on for Both Ends?  I see what you are saying and you have a valid point.  That said I still think that taking on a youngster at 16 or 17 and making them successful is still a fair measure of our Academy.  Who's to say had they gone elsewhere or stayed where they were that they may have turned out to be not any good.  One might also make an argument for our youth set I'll bring better than others because we were able to bring the best out of kids that others had seen fit to discard.  Good topic for debate either way and you have a valid claim.

I did look it up those two lads signed when they were seven, also mentioned a fellow ACADEMY GRADUATE Adam O Reilly who joined at 16.  Mmmmm,?  

Edited by USABlue

5 hours ago, USABlue said:

So comparing apples to apples how old were those Preston lads you mentioned when the signed on for Both Ends?  I see what you are saying and you have a valid point.  

Theres about 6 boys in the PNE u18/23s that come from South Ribble,  picked up in the Mid Lancs Colts/Central Lancs league around 9-13 and are going to be first team players....in my opinion,  Walker, Armer, Baxter, Huddart, Coulton(Scotland u18), Rodwell-Grant....there are a few preston boys in there too who I don't know.

Our scouting network is poor, slow to link up with local grassroots clubs  ..preston are very proactive in the schools district/town team area of youth football whereas Blackburn no longer have a schools town team at any age......this is something rovers could tap into but they don't.  When I was a lad loads of the apprentices played town team football in blackburn and around the region.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Theres about 6 boys in the PNE u18/23s that come from South Ribble,  picked up in the Mid Lancs Colts/Central Lancs league around 9-13 and are going to be first team players....in my opinion,  Walker, Armer, Baxter, Huddart, Coulton(Scotland u18), Rodwell-Grant....there are a few preston boys in there too who I don't know.

Our scouting network is poor, slow to link up with local grassroots clubs  ..preston are very proactive in the schools district/town team area of youth football whereas Blackburn no longer have a schools town team at any age......this is something rovers could tap into but they don't.  When I was a lad loads of the apprentices played town team football in blackburn and around the region.

And how many players recently(since Alex Neil appointment) have they bought through into the 1st team squad? Plus didn't they spent 2 million on Bayliss who can't even make the match day squad. 

Look at the players we have bought through last 3/4 years. Nyambe, Travis, Buckley with Rankin Costello next to come through. 

We picked Hilton from Everton in the summer and I think him and Fisher will be good keepers for us in the future. 

I'm not that bothered whether they are from Blackburn and join us 8 years old. How many kids age 8 actually make it. Bet not many?