BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We picked Hilton from Everton in the summer and I think him and Fisher will be good keepers for us in the future. 

It's ok chaddy, we cam agree to disagree, I think its important.   Anyhow, that Hiltons a big lad isnt he? Jeez, I'd get him in now, send that wallyton back 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And how many players recently(since Alex Neil appointment) have they bought through into the 1st team squad? Plus didn't they spent 2 million on Bayliss who can't even make the match day squad. 

Look at the players we have bought through last 3/4 years. Nyambe, Travis, Buckley with Rankin Costello next to come through. 

We picked Hilton from Everton in the summer and I think him and Fisher will be good keepers for us in the future. 

I'm not that bothered whether they are from Blackburn and join us 8 years old. How many kids age 8 actually make it. Bet not many? 

I am not too sure we can exactly sit on the high horse with that one considering we bought somebody for 7 million who rarely makes the starting 11.

In fact, can we just stop buying 'anyone' for 7 million. Seems to be our cursed number. Didnt we get Grabbi and Davies for 7 mil each?

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's ok chaddy, we cam agree to disagree, I think its important.   Anyhow, that Hiltons a big lad isnt he? Jeez, I'd get him in now, send that wallyton back 

Sadly I wouldn't. 

Walton has been ok for me but we need a long term number 1 signing in January. Someone like Ruddy

2 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Pne about to splash some cash on a striker, rumours it’s Matej Vydra.

have they rob a bank? firstly how they going to afford his transfer fee then his wages? 

Just now, JacknOry said:

I am not too sure we can exactly sit on the high horse with that one considering we bought somebody for 7 million who rarely makes the starting 11.

In fact, can we just stop buying 'anyone' for 7 million. Seems to be our cursed number. Didnt we get Grabbi and Davies for 7 mil each?

My point was if PNE had all these talented young players why haven't any come through yet and why did they signed Bayliss for 2 mil. 

That's it a good point about our players we signed in Gallagher and Brereton. Feel Gallagher coming good just now. 

mowbray in the telegraph talking about the future of scott wharton,how he won`t be recalling him in january,according to tony,scott is not yet developed enough to handle the physical demands of this league,despite him starring for northampton in a league full of cloggers,he does`nt feel wharton is up to it but he`ll play williams at centre back,who gets bullied and dominated  by everybody and anybody,sometimes i wonder if mowbray just hates anyone under 25,it can`t do anything positive for their confidence the way he speaks to the media

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Theres about 6 boys in the PNE u18/23s that come from South Ribble,  picked up in the Mid Lancs Colts/Central Lancs league around 9-13 and are going to be first team players....in my opinion,  Walker, Armer, Baxter, Huddart, Coulton(Scotland u18), Rodwell-Grant....there are a few preston boys in there too who I don't know.

Our scouting network is poor, slow to link up with local grassroots clubs  ..preston are very proactive in the schools district/town team area of youth football whereas Blackburn no longer have a schools town team at any age......this is something rovers could tap into but they don't.  When I was a lad loads of the apprentices played town team football in blackburn and around the region.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Blackburn no longer have a schools town team at any age......this is something rovers could tap into but they don't. 

Strange considering there's been some notable occasions in past. 1988 Granada Schools Cup Blackburn v Salford Schools. Of course the notable appearance is from Giggs who would go on to see a lot more of Anfield and Blackburn.

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Strange considering there's been some notable occasions in past. 1988 Granada Schools Cup Blackburn v Salford Schools. Of course the notable appearance is from Giggs who would go on to see a lot more of Anfield and Blackburn.

I like you.  I played in that game at Anfield and it is a shame about Bwd schools football 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Good post pal, cheers. Giggs was something special wasn't he, even at that age. At 06:32 he says "I like playing at Anfield," scousers missed that one didn't they? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Theres about 6 boys in the PNE u18/23s that come from South Ribble,  picked up in the Mid Lancs Colts/Central Lancs league around 9-13 and are going to be first team players....in my opinion,  Walker, Armer, Baxter, Huddart, Coulton(Scotland u18), Rodwell-Grant....there are a few preston boys in there too who I don't know.

Our scouting network is poor, slow to link up with local grassroots clubs  ..preston are very proactive in the schools district/town team area of youth football whereas Blackburn no longer have a schools town team at any age......this is something rovers could tap into but they don't.  When I was a lad loads of the apprentices played town team football in blackburn and around the region.

Theres rovers scouts at every grass roots tournament round here ffs, what are you talking about?

I'm not being rude but we have a far stricter selection process than PNE, their youth setup is way inferior to ours 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old darwen blue said:

Good post pal, cheers. Giggs was something special wasn't he, even at that age. At 06:32 he says "I like playing at Anfield," scousers missed that one didn't they? 

I wish they hadn't. I suspect we might have another Premier League title under our belts if he had gone there instead.

Then again maybe Liverpool would have some titles instead.

9 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Theres rovers scouts at every grass roots tournament round here ffs, what are you talking about?

I'm not being rude but we have a far stricter selection process than PNE, their youth setup is way inferior to ours 

The best youth players are representing their town/county and I'm telling you now that Rovers are not represented properly at these games.  I've seen more Fylde scouts than ours. It needs improving and it wouldn't take much effort really

Edited by Sparks Rover

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

The best youth players are representing their town/county and I'm telling you now that Rovers are not represented properly at these games.  I've seen more Fylde scouts than ours. It needs improving and it wouldn't take much effort really

And how many of these town players actually made in the football world? 

And how many of these town players actually made in the football world? 

What? There was a video of Ryan Wilson(Giggs) further up the thread.....all professional players will have probably represented their district/county and some country in schools representative football.  It's where the best players are to be found  .. .grassroots tournaments are ok but you don't get a real sense of how good they are until you put them in with good players and then you release them and break their hearts and they were never good enough anyway.....its a way of shit filtering basically to scout at district/county level .  

I understand its hard to take but our scouting system is poor

Edited by Sparks Rover

40 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

What? 

How many of these players who play for their town or county go on to become professional players? 

Giggs is one off. 

Our scouting system is so poor and Preston or Fylde is so good then where are these players in the 1st team then? 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How many of these players who play for their town or county go on to become professional players? 

Giggs is one off. 

Our scouting system is so poor and Preston or Fylde is so good then where are these players in the 1st team then? 

I can think of a few who played professionally who played for Blackburn schoolboys.

James Beattie, Chris Holland, Mark Brennan, Mike Duxbury and maybe Chris Porter. All of them are from different age groups.

Can anybody think of any more

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Giggs is one off. 

You're not making sense mate...they are in every professional team....Giggs isnt a one off at all. ..phil Jones for example was South Ribble, going back Dunny represented Hyndburn, Mark Patterson blackburn schoolboys....every professional footballer will have played town team and county football....

It's just one strand of the scouting system, I'm just pointing out that we don't scout these players properly ..that's all...

Just now, arbitro said:

I can think of a few who played professionally who played for Blackburn schoolboys.

James Beattie, Chris Holland, Mark Brennan, Mike Duxbury and maybe Chris Porter. All of them are from different age groups.

Can anybody think of any more

That's for answering. It was general question. I didn't know the answers. 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

You're not making sense mate...they are in every professional team....Giggs isnt a one off at all. ..phil Jones for example was South Ribble, going back Dunny represented Hyndburn, Mark Patterson blackburn schoolboys....every professional footballer will have played town team and county football....

It's just one strand of the scouting system, I'm just pointing out that we don't scout these players properly ..that's all...

Ok fair enough. I know some players who played for Hyndburn when I was at school who never made it. 

Yes it is one strand of the scouting system defo but we are investing in our overseas scouting network

Ok fair enough. I know some players who played for Hyndburn when I was at school who never made it. 

Yes it is one strand of the scouting system defo but we are investing in our overseas scouting network

Yes the odds of actually becoming a professional are long.