BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I can think of a few who played professionally who played for Blackburn schoolboys.

James Beattie, Chris Holland, Mark Brennan, Mike Duxbury and maybe Chris Porter. All of them are from different age groups.

Can anybody think of any more

How far back would you like to  ? Dougie, Fred Pickering, John Byrom, Barrie Ratcliffe, Stu Metcalfe, David Helliwell, John Waddington was from Darwen/

I wonder if the stingies will pull out the double excuse again.

If we're doing okay - we don't need any transfers.

If we're doing crap - we don't need any transfers (as we've got no chance of going up).

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Swanson said:

With that awful strike record and us having tons of young strikers on the books already, can't see that one (Mavidi, mentioned in the original tweet).

They're not saying that's who we were watching anyway, just that we were linked in 2018. I'd imagine we were watching someone else (or just watching in general to see who caught the eye).

2 hours ago, Swanson said:

Mavidivi was on the bench in the game mention in the article above

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mavidivi was apparently dismal at Preston in a brief spell there.

We didn't need him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Apparently Butterworth prior to injury had an offer from Sunderland to go on loan till the end of the year ?

Dammit. That would have been a really interesting one. Probably just have been a bench player though.

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wonder if Jack Marriott might be a target? Good player available from Derby who could help to score some goals in Dacks absence?

Looks a poor mans Jordan Rhodes from what I have seen. Seems to do little in games. I would also say he hasn't really proven himself at tis level, a few goals aside. I would take Waghorn though. Looks a physical presence. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Looks a poor mans Jordan Rhodes from what I have seen. Seems to do little in games. I would also say he hasn't really proven himself at tis level, a few goals aside. I would take Waghorn though. Looks a physical presence. 

Goals are the most important thing for a striker so if he is indeed a poor mans Jordan Rhodes, sign him up. We need goals to compensate for Dacks loss.

Cant see Waghorn being available but would have him here yeah.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Goals are the most important thing for a striker so if he is indeed a poor mans Jordan Rhodes, sign him up. We need goals to compensate for Dacks loss.

Cant see Waghorn being available but would have him here yeah.

Marriott hasn't scored too many at this level though. Prolific at league 1 level,so maybe a move would be good. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Wonder if Jack Marriott might be a target? Good player available from Derby who could help to score some goals in Dacks absence?

Poor striker at this level. 

You love to just adding players to the squad. You complained in the summer that we didn't address the defensive areas of this team. So now when we need left back, centre back. You want another striker now. You moaned that we bought Gallagher and now you want another striker instead of using the forwards/wide players we have. I rather give Rankin Costello and Buckley added to the squad instead of blocking their path to the 1st team

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Poor striker at this level. 

You love to just adding players to the squad. You complained in the summer that we didn't address the defensive areas of this team. So now when we need left back, centre back. You want another striker now. You moaned that we bought Gallagher and now you want another striker instead of using the forwards/wide players we have. I rather give Rankin Costello and Buckley added to the squad instead of blocking their path to the 1st team

Buckley isnt up to our standard, neither is Brereton. Hopefully that will change when they are older. None of the strikers we have signed have been up to scratch and with our only goalscorer seriously injured that becomes a big problem. I would like defensive and attacking reinforcements. I love to add players to the squad, I want 4 but 2 as priority, you want 3 so thats a bit rich!

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Buckley isnt up to our standard, neither is Brereton. Hopefully that will change when they are older. None of the strikers we have signed have been up to scratch and with our only goalscorer seriously injured that becomes a big problem. I would like defensive and attacking reinforcements. I love to add players to the squad, I want 4 but 2 as priority, you want 3 so thats a bit rich!

I would only defensively signings. Keeper, centre back and left back. I'm happy with our options attacking wise. I'm happy to give those the chance to perform for their club. 

I would like Jack Robinson from Forest for left back slot. 

But I always realised that the club might need players out the door before signings are made. Players like Smallwood, Samuel, Bell, Luetwiler out 1st. 

14 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Brewster heading to forest apparently.

Marc Guehi from Chelsea being offered round the championship for loan. He’s a centre back.

With Dack out I would do all possible to bring Brewster in now. We can't take our foot off the pedal. I would imagine Dack will be out for most of the remainder of the season so we can't afford to lose any amount of attacking threat. 

• Like 2