BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

We clearly see things differently bluebruce. He showed enough for me on Boxing Day (admittedly in a sea of dross) to know that he could significantly enhance our first team.

Last year at this time Travis was a relative untried youngster . Now , most think he can’t be left out . Why? Because he’s benefitted from 50 games . Buckley has more talent and flair than most of our seasoned midfielders put together . But he needs to grow and adapt to the demands of senior football . So either we play him and grow him or we watch him become a Mount or a Maddison in 18 months time playing for Spurs or whoever .

Play him for Christ’s sake , nothing to lose . It’s not like we are play off bound with the current crop of also rans is it?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah we could have another Mahoney on our hands here....

Bucko is a different class of person to Connor tbf. Those sniffing round are a different class of club to Bournmouth too. I’d love for us to keep him for 12 months but barring a minor miracle (like a torn ACL) I can’t see us keeping him past the summer now. So my guess is that we’ll play him a lot and try to get a kings ransom for him in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Bucko is a different class of person to Connor tbf. Those sniffing round are a different class of club to Bournmouth too. I’d love for us to keep him for 12 months but barring a minor miracle (like a torn ACL) I can’t see us keeping him past the summer now. So my guess is that we’ll play him a lot and try to get a kings ransom for him in the summer.

Buckley should stay at the club for the next 2 or 3 years. 

Which clubs are interested in him? 

any other news?

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Well I suggest you get used to seeing this ‘little boy lost’ play most weeks in our first team. Assuming he’s not snapped up by a top Premier League club next month ??

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I totally disagree, to the point of saying absolute nonsense.

He warrants a run in a team who currently create next to nothing in terms of goalscoring chances and are now without the only other creative player for the rest of the season: Us!

Buckley may be young but he'll gain stature and confidence with games played. After all what are the alternatives?

What has he shown in the first team to warrant an extended run in the team? id love for him to come good and he might one day with age on his side but so far hes looked well, well off IMO and a loan spell away is not a derogatory insult to him, its for me the best way to develop for him.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

What has he shown in the first team to warrant an extended run in the team? id love for him to come good and he might one day with age on his side but so far hes looked well, well off IMO and a loan spell away is not a derogatory insult to him, its for me the best way to develop for him.

You keep mentioning about loan him out why would loan out such a talent where it might not work out for him like Jack Clarke at Leeds from Spurs

We are going to need him between now and end of the season. 

Why cant we develop him here? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You keep mentioning about loan him out why would loan out such a talent where it might not work out for him like Jack Clarke at Leeds from Spurs

We are going to need him between now and end of the season. 

Why cant we develop him here? 

Because I dont think he is good enough to play for our first team at the moment.

I wonder what our owners in Pune are thinking:

• We've just lost our talisman and probably any outside chance of promotion we had this season 
  • Dack's financial value to Rovers might be dissipated when he returns in 12+ months' time.
  • IMO, we've seen some £12million+ in fees (not to mention £millions more in wages) spunked away on two non scoring, infrequently played strikers   
  • We have ageing and loan players in key positions and I think summer 2020 player trading is going to be a nightmare
  • The club is kept afloat by recurrent £multi million share issues through VLL

I think our remaining most valuable assets are at grave risk of being sold off in January.

Somehow, I don't think it's going to be a great New Year for Rovers' fans. 

We could be close to a 'tipping point'.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

• We've just lost our talisman and probably any outside chance of promotion we had this season 
  • Dack's financial value to Rovers might be dissipated when he returns in 12+ months' time.
  • IMO, we've seen some £12million+ in fees spunked away on two non scoring, infrequently played strikers   
  • We have ageing and loan players in key positions and I think summer 2020 player trading is going to be a nightmare

I think our remaining most valuable assets are at grave risk of being sold off in January.

Or we win every single game from now till the end of the season and are promoted. 

Are return to the premiership is glorious and at this point next year we are 10 points clear of both city and Liverpool.

The clubs international standing has appreciated so much that a company who is so mega rich their value is incalculable takes over us and immediately appoints the greatest manager the world has ever seen

We immediately Jettison are ageing players and accept spunking money is no longer an issue

Then i waken up from the dream and at the same time you waken up from the nightmare

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

• IMO, we've seen some £12million+ in fees (not to mention £millions more in wages) spunked away on two non scoring, infrequently played strikers   

One thing they’re not thinking - “it’s time to sell”. 

On the basis that Matt Southall, now chairman at Charlton offered to buy the club in September this year through a Dubai Investment Fund and was told categorically that further investment isn’t needed and the club isn’t for sale. 

• Like 1

you have mention a few times and nothing ever happened to suggest anything of the sort. 

Now you predict this I wouldn't be surprise if we made a big cash buy in January

Venky's have owned the club for over 9 years now.

Surely, there will come a point when they decide enough is enough.  I have lost track of Rovers' finances now but their financial 'benevolence' can't be too far short of £200million now.  IMO, it's madness.

With Mowbray's track record in the transfer market, would you trust him with another 'big cash buy' ala Brereton, Gallagher !?!?

IMO, all the signs are pointing to a rerun of last season where we threatened the top six and then nosedived down the table before levelling out in the last few matches.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

wonder what our owners in Pune are thinking:

1. Disagree on our chances of playoffs/promotion are gone. What kind of attitude is that from you predict a good win every time?

2. The summer of 2020 actually gives you a chance the rebuild the squad without having to sell players you don't want. Tho I would give new 1 year deals to Graham, Bennett and Downing. 

3. Sold off? Who going then Mercer? 

4. Don't see Venkys selling anyone we don't need due to being so close to playoffs. Our best chance of going up is this season. Why weaking this? 

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Another jink for us. 

Just now, J*B said:

On the basis that Matt Southall, now chairman at Charlton offered to buy the club in September this year through a Dubai Investment Fund and was told categorically that further investment isn’t needed and the club isn’t for sale. 

Suggest you read this Mercer. Puts your thoughts to bed again. 

Thankyou for sharing Josh again. ?

Just now, Mercer said:

Venky's have owned the club for over 9 years now.

Surely, there will come a point when they decide enough is enough.  I have lost track of Rovers' finances now but their financial 'benevolence' can't be too far short of £200million now.  IMO, it's madness.

With Mowbray's track record in the transfer market, would you trust him with another 'big cash buy' ala Brereton, Gallagher !?!?

IMO, all the signs are pointing to a rerun of last season where we threatened the top six and then nosedived down the table before levelling out in the last few matches.

Suggested you read J*B post above put your ide of tipping point or sell of the club to bed. 

Venkys clearly trusted Mowbray as manager and will back him. 

Depends what you call a big cash buy Mercer. 

No Mercer, it doesn't point to any nosedive. We are within the playoff picture. Need to keep it going now

Just now, J*B said:

Depends what he offered. He could have offered a pittance. Means nothing if we don't know what it was they turned down. 

They will sell one day. Even the richest fools don't like losing money continually 

Suggested you read J*B post above put your ide of tipping point or sell of the club to bed - would be very happy if J*B can tell me what six numbers to put on my lottery ticket later today!

Venkys clearly trusted Mowbray as manager and will back him - we'll see but think Brereton was a difficult one to stomach, to repeat with Gallagher will probably be  a mistake too far 

Depends what you call a big cash buy Mercer - IMO, we will see substantially more in fees and wages going out the door than coming in

No Mercer, it doesn't point to any nosedive. We are within the playoff picture. Need to keep it going now - this season is almost a mirror of last season where we threatened the top six with a good run and then embarked on a disastrous run before, IMO, a job saving levelling out for Mowbray!

On 26/12/2019 at 08:37, Sparks Rover said:

It's not just in the press, he's killing rothwell by benching him as soon as he can.  Playing Bennett ahead of him and putting buckley  in is a kick in the nuts.

That's ToMo though such a great motivator.  Results picked up when Bennett was dropped not because of Bennett's lack of ability but because of the better mental attitude of the rest of the players.  It HAS to get their goats watching shit players they know are worse than them getting picked ahead of them week after week.

12 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

100% sure that Rovers knew nothing of Dack’s agreement with WBA. If there was one at all...

Also those who slaughtered Buckley a few weeks ago might feel a little silly in January. Big clubs circling. Expect him to be offered a bumper new deal.

I like Buckley, somewhat, you can see it is there but a decent gust of wind knocks him off the ball, fix that he will be a player.

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

I like Buckley, somewhat, you can see it is there but a decent gust of wind knocks him off the ball, fix that he will be a player.

I agree with you. He needs to develop physically. But surprisingly (or not) top level football people can see past that. My guess is that we’ll never get to see him at his peak in a Rovers shirt.