BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Patience and a platform to play are the most important aspects of his development in my view.

Spot on there. Young players need alot of patience and time from the manager. 

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I disagree (shock). Dack is very much a one off as his stats prove. He doesn’t play as a 10 but more of a hybrid. When attacking, he has the instincts and positioning of a goal poacher, in transition he plays as a creative 10 and assists and when defending he drops into midfield closing down like an 8.

Holtby and Buckley have the ability to be playmakers and close down but don’t have the same instinct in the box. Rothwells stats indicate that he neither assists nor scores goals.

The player most likely to fill Dacks current role is Armstrong imo. Has the strikers instinct, but has spent the last couple of years playing wide midfield and tracking back.

Which then leaves the right side attacking position free. It’s important to realise that the fullbacks create the width now and the wide midfielders tuck in (De Bruyne, Silva position). So Holtby and Buckley are perfect for these positions.

I fully expect Holtby to be a regular now and Buckley to fight it out with Rothwell. 

I suggested Armstrong to fill Dack's goals the last 2 days. He is natural finisher and I see us playing more 4-4-2 than 4-2-3-1 now. 

I've been disappointed that Rothwell has performance to the standards I thought he would this season. I would pick him every weekl

2 hours ago, Mr. E said:

Well, never mind then. TM just said there is no money for a replacement. Which pretty much means we will slug through the rest of this season and possibly get relegated the next. You know, unless Brereton starts playing like Ronaldo or some nonsense like that.

The only hope is Venkys dont pull the plug before Dack is back in top form.

This is not what he said. It would take alot of money to replace him with a Dack type player. I feel we have enough options at the club to cover the Dack Injury tbh. The current squad have to step up and cover it. 

We have Armstrong, Gallagher, Graham and Brereton plus Holtby, Rothwell, Buckley who can step up and cover the goal loss. 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not sure he said that. What I think is obvious is that we don’t have £10m plus to replace him in Jan.

In context, they will have allocated cash for the window. Targeting a keeper, lb and possibly a cb based on previous reports. So they will absolutely have to offload some wages to make space imo for a PL loan of a forward.

I think we will sign 2 or 3 players. 

But players like Samuel, Smallwood, Hart will leave in January. 

26 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Couple of players I’d like to see us look at in jan

Williams - Manchester United LB 

Don’t think we need to go after a replacement for Dack, we have Holtby or Buckley who I believe both could excel in that free role. Full backs and genuine wingers are the must signings for me. Tho unfortunately I feel TM will persist with ‘wide forwards’. Wouldn’t mind bringing in a keeper but not sure who we could get in January who would be able to be a long term option.

I like Williams at United but I would imagine we will sign Cunningham permanent in the January. 

Wouldnt mind us signing Carter Vickers from Spurs permanent. Wouldnt mind Souttar at Hearts but think he is well out of price range. Ayala from Boro would be ideal and is a leader. 

23 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Where are these rumours about Tosin coming from? Any actual legit rumours or just heresay?

A few friends have said they heard he gone back to Man City. 

I think Tosin is legit injured.

Incidentally, clubs should be held accountable when they lie about a player’s absence. I guess football clubs are one of the few businesses that can get away with misleading their customers. 

7 minutes ago, lraC said:

There is an article in the Mirror about it. Not certain it’s true, but certainly being reported.

Is this recent? Nothing in the paper version, and the most recent online story suggests City were looking into a possible recall.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tosin-adarabioyo-hopes-long-term-21089710

Next news: he’s non-specifically “injured”.

EDIT: not even “injured” just “absent”

Edited by Stuart

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Is this recent? Nothing in the paper version, and the most recent online story suggests City were looking into a possible recall.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tosin-adarabioyo-hopes-long-term-21089710

Next news: he’s non-specifically “injured”.

EDIT: not even “injured” just “absent”

That story is 15 days ago Stuart

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Why are people seemingly obsessed with Buckley bulking up? It's not always necessary depending upon position and pretty sure it's not a priority. IF the club wanted him to do so it's VERY easy to do so at that age especially with the facilities and knowledge available at Brockhall. Ain't nobody telling Messi or Neymar to start throwing extra plates on their bench press!

Messi is.like the Hulk compared to Buckley.  Good players, even slight ones, learn how to use their body positioning to gain maximum strength.  Someone mentioned Dack not being the strongest, true but he is hard to knock off the ball, just ask Jagielka was it? in that friendly, loved that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd take 10m for a player who cant make the team.

I think if I were offered £10m for a player with very few first team appearances I’d probably have a think why they thought so highly of him before I agreed to anything...??‍♂️

Just now, USABlue said:

Messi is.like the Hulk compared to Buckley.  Good players, even slight ones, learn how to use their body positioning to gain maximum strength.  Someone mentioned Dack not being the strongest, true but he is hard to knock off the ball, just ask Jagielka was it? in that friendly, loved that.

You look at messi when he first broke onto the scene and then you look at him at his peak. Very strong legs. Dack is weird example for someone to use as he's quite strong for a 10. Uses his big arse to hold defenders off as he's not the quickest

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I think if I were offered £10m for a player with very few first team appearances I’d probably have a think why they thought so highly of him before I agreed to anything...??‍♂️

Or, like Forest thought when we came in with a stupid bid for one of their youth players, snap their feckin hand off 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Or, like Forest thought when we came in with a stupid bid for one of their youth players, snap their feckin hand off 

Forest turned down our first three bids. Hence why we ended up having to do a loan to buy in the loan window. So again, they thought about it...which is sensible ??

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Harry The Bass said:

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Sounds like fishing response if you ask me, especially since you’re on about Brereton. Weird “flex” mate.

Doesn't matter where they come from or what they cost or didn't if they at least look like they might do the 'biz' .  Stick that in yer flex.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Doesn't matter where they come from or what they cost if they’re never given the opportunities?

Is this what you meant? Gave me a migraine trying to work it out. Either way, we’ll said good sir.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Spot on there. Young players need alot of patience and time from the manager. 

I suggested Armstrong to fill Dack's goals the last 2 days. He is natural finisher and I see us playing more 4-4-2 than 4-2-3-1 now. 

I've been disappointed that Rothwell has performance to the standards I thought he would this season. I would pick him every weekl

This is not what he said. It would take alot of money to replace him with a Dack type player. I feel we have enough options at the club to cover the Dack Injury tbh. The current squad have to step up and cover it. 

We have Armstrong, Gallagher, Graham and Brereton plus Holtby, Rothwell, Buckley who can step up and cover the goal loss. 

I think we will sign 2 or 3 players. 

But players like Samuel, Smallwood, Hart will leave in January. 

Well if TM wants to buy a ready made proven replacement obviously it will be too much money. No one expects that. But we need to at least try with a foreign diamond in the rough or lower league but rising talent.

It is not serious at all to believe Rothwell or Brereton or something will do the job. If anyone believes that they seriously underestimate just how much Dack brings to the team beside goals. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mr. E said:

Well if TM wants to buy a ready made proven replacement obviously it will be too much money. No one expects that. But we need to at least try with a foreign diamond in the rough or lower league but rising talent.

It is not serious at all to believe Rothwell or Brereton or something will do the job. If anyone believes that they seriously underestimate just how much Dack brings to the team beside goals. 

Well I've already told you and the board how I would play. Armstrong up front with Gallagher or Graham. Rothwell left side  

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

Messi is.like the Hulk compared to Buckley.  

He's really not, he weighs about 9kg more which is nothing and they're roughly the same height, you could gain that in lean muscle in no time if it was an issue. Messi actually had a growth hormone deficiency growing up. Using the low centre of gravity to his advantage is how Buckley needs to focus rather than bulking up.

And no I'm not saying Buckley is the next messi for one minute ?

1 hour ago, Harry The Bass said:

Is this what you meant? Gave me a migraine trying to work it out. Either way, we’ll said good sir.

Now now don't be twisting peoples words leave that to Mr Screenshot and his empty twitter vacuum. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

You look at messi when he first broke onto the scene and then you look at him at his peak. Very strong legs. Dack is weird example for someone to use as he's quite strong for a 10. Uses his big arse to hold defenders off as he's not the quickest

Very much like Kenny Dalglish in his pomp , it's not just Dacks Goals we need to replace , it's the amount of goals he creates as well , I am sorry but Holtby Rothwell  and co just won't contribute that amount playing as a number 10 "off the striker" , maybe like Chaddy says we may have to change formation to a more regular 4-4-2 Downing left Rothwell right Armstong and Gally up front Travis and Evans in middle of park be very organises work extremely hard and aim to win games 1-0 ... Seems to work ok for our face-combing cousins down  the M65

Edited by AJW
  • Like 1