BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Waggot said we don't want players just for numbers a few weeks ago.

Yet that is exactly how his manager likes to operate. He seems to see all his signings as back ups until he decides to use them regularly. Then they mostly get rotated.

So basically they are just squaddies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

I thought I heard Mowbray state today on Radio Lancs, that there would only be incomings if 'room was made in the budget by outgoings '. Based upon that, there isn't much to get excited about in January.

In short, he's blown it.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Duffy was sold on 26th August. But he wanted to leave. Hanley wanted to leave the club before Coyle was appointed I believe. 

Do any of our current players want to leave atm? 

Well apparently Dack does!

As for the two you mentioned, I don't mind them leaving, particularly Duffy, its the failure to buy replacements ie adequate replacements that got us relegated.

And who appointed Coyle and why?

Downing, Graham, Smallwood, Hart, Leutwiler, Bell, and Samuel are all out of contract in the summer.

Graham is yesterday's man. Frankly it's embarrassing we're still calling on him to lead the line, particularly after spending £12m on "firepower".

Downing has added a little class and experience but he's 36 next summer.

Personally, I'd bin the lot of them, not that I expect the manager to have the ruthlessness to do that. There's a few others I'd clear out too. We have all this money invested in state-of-the-art training facilities, maybe we should use some of those drones to scout some half-decent players? 

• Like 9

My theory about Buckley playing these last couple of games is so that he can ship him out on loan in January.

Same was due to happen with Travis last year. Mowbray played him to put him in the window. Wouldn't surprise me to see Samual get a token appearance next game to showcase him in front of scouts.

• Like 1

Its becoming increasingly evident now we cant rely on Dack to regularly get us goals and get us out of the shit how lacking our squad is, 3 years and over 15m down.

We have players who might chip in with the occasional goal and get away with it when Dack is regularly the match winner, take them out of the equation and they arent up to taking on the mantle because quite simply they arent good enough and moving them into different formations and shuffling them about is just moving the deckchairs on the titanic.

Armstrong is a player who could regularly be described as predictable, one dimensional and lazy. His Championship record is poor, he has had 2 brief hot spells, one in each League, but he doesnt contribute enough over the course of a season. As it is, he along with the ageing but still streetwise Graham are our only 2 goal threats.

Gallaghers incompetence and the way he has been judged was summed up today. Played more than two thirds up top, did zilch, then stupidly was stuck wide, which I agree is mental, and all the focus is on that, but regardless of where he plays, he is useless. Look at Grahams goal, he has made that chance by peeling off his man, Gallagher never does that, its the duty of the striker and his movement to create spaces, poor strikers dont get chances and he is very much a poor striker.

The farce around Brereton continues, unused again. Rothwell repeatedly flatters to deceive, and the money spent on Samuel and Chapman was also pissed down the drain. And Buckley is so far off it is untrue.

We 100% need attacking reinforcements as a matter of urgency but how can you trust Mowbray to spend more money.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Amo said:

Downing, Graham, Smallwood, Hart, Leutwiler, Bell, and Samuel are all out of contract in the summer.

Graham is yesterday's man. Frankly it's embarrassing we're still calling on him to lead the line, particularly after spending £12m on "firepower".

Downing has added a little class and experience but he's 36 next summer.

Personally, I'd bin the lot of them, not that I expect the manager to have the ruthlessness to do that. There's a few others I'd clear out too. We have all this money invested in state-of-the-art training facilities, maybe we should use some of those drones to scout some half-decent players? 

Yup I agree, downing and more so graham with a warm handshake and a you will forever be welcome back here but it’s time to move on due to age, the rest out the back door as not good enough. It really is time to be ruthless and stepping up to be ambitious. 

Come the start of next season I would have said goodbye to the following

Graham Downing Smallwood Samuel Bell Bennett Hart Leutweiller and possibly Rothwell. The latter is so frustrating and there is a good player in there somewhere. I just can't see TM getting the best out of him.

If TM was to go I would keep Rothwell but I don't see that happening.

We lack a lot of quality going forward, we need 2/3 players who are technically good and/can beat a man. We also need a striker who guarantees goals (don’t we all!). 

We are 3 quality players short of being genuine promotion contenders imo. That’s all very easy in theory but quality attacking players cost money in transfer fees and wages that we don’t have. 

Dwight Gayle could potentially be the man to fire a team to promotion, rather like Tammy Abraham did for Villa last season. Seems they want to cash in on him though rather than a loan to buy deal, so for 15M most, if not all championship teams are ruled out.

Just now, Ossydave said:

Dwight Gayle could potentially be the man to fire a team to promotion, rather like Tammy Abraham did for Villa last season. Seems they want to cash in on him though rather than a loan to buy deal, so for 15M most, if not all championship teams are ruled out.

Those ruled out include us, I'm afraid

• Backroom
2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Rhian Brewster looks like he’s on his way to Swansea on loan. Think we should have been all over that tbh.

I suppose it's possible we were, but if you were Brewster and looked at how most of our strikers are shoehorned ineffectively out on the wing... maybe you'd think twice.

19 hours ago, 47er said:

Well apparently Dack does!

As for the two you mentioned, I don't mind them leaving, particularly Duffy, its the failure to buy replacements ie adequate replacements that got us relegated.

And who appointed Coyle and why?

well that blame is at Coyle door. 

And you know very well who appointed Coyle. 

Can we leave that era in the past and focus on this season and beyond

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Rhian Brewster looks like he’s on his way to Swansea on loan. Think we should have been all over that tbh.

He knows Steve Cooper from their England youth days so its very sensible for Brewster to join a manager he knows. 

We might have been interested in him but Leeds were interested in him

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Eddie Neketiah is leaving Leeds with Bristol City leading the chase for a loan. Good job that we dont need any attacking reinforcements as Gallagher, Brereton and co will step up to the plate.

Another deal that is done and dusted. 

We need signings in full back areas and centre back areas. We are so short in those areas atm

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We need signings in full back areas and centre back areas. We are so short in those areas atm

We are short in a few positions but our absence of any goalscoring power takes high priority. At Centre back we have 2 plus a dodgy deputy which usually would be a major concern. As it is it is a strength of ours! If you are seriously suggesting playing them 2 dollopers up top at Forest then you must see our problem! (Surely Graham has to start that)

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We are short in a few positions but our absence of any goalscoring power takes high priority. At Centre back we have 2 plus a dodgy deputy which usually would be a major concern. As it is it is a strength of ours! If you are seriously suggesting playing them 2 dollopers up top at Forest then you must see our problem! (Surely Graham has to start that)

We have only 2 fit centre backs for Forest game, Nyambe, Williams are injured I believe. So we have no fit back up centre back or right back. That's a priority for me. 

Graham only touch the ball 7 times against Huddersfield. I would start Gallagher and Brereton against Forest and tell them to produce the same performance as they did against Brentford

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need to replace Bradley Dack’s goals.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We have only 2 fit centre backs for Forest game, Nyambe, Williams are injured I believe. So we have no fit back up centre back or right back. That's a priority for me. 

Graham only touch the ball 7 times against Huddersfield. I would start Gallagher and Brereton against Forest and tell them to produce the same performance as they did against Brentford

One of them touches was a goal. 

• Like 1