BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

No , but what I have seen is some poor on field performances. I will just have to hope for better today  

Hope is the only thing we have but the reality is we a are poorly managed club as a direct result of owners who live 6,500 miles away with no interest or knowledge in football. Sorry covering old ground, just trying to get it out of my system before today's abysmal performance.  

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Doug said:

Could, if we wished, end the loans of Cunningham and Mulgrew?

I should think we are tied into the Cunningham loan for the season, or even Goodwill Tony would have cancelled it (or been told to). 

Mulgrew, I don't want back. Defence is porous enough as it is.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I should think we are tied into the Cunningham loan for the season, or even Goodwill Tony would have cancelled it (or been told to). 

Mulgrew, I don't want back. Defence is porous enough as it is.

I doubt either would happen, was just  mulling over the fact we are probably paying a decent amount of money on both and neither available to play.

Just now, Doug said:

I doubt either would happen, was just  mulling over the fact we are probably paying a decent amount of money on both and neither available to play.

Yeh it's frustrating. We would be paying even more for Mulgrew if we brought him back though. Then I'd also have to see him amble around even more casually and lost than our current crop of defenders. Also see him whip great free kicks in, mind, but defenders simply have to defend.

I'd be very curious to know how much of Mulgrew's wages are being paid by Wigan. I wish football would stop this thing where almost all aspects of all deals are secret. Fans are stakeholders and deserve to know.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

The books dictate we do if we are to bring in more. Don't see the point of these wage drains using up remaining FFP space on the accounts when that could be put to some use.

I’m sure Gladwin’s on relative peanuts but it’s another body taking up a wage who will never contribute to the first team. Just because our boss felt sorry for the lad.

• Like 1

I was under the impression we had already agreed to buy Cunningham.

Also Wigan were looking to make Mulgrew permanent, espicially if they are accepting relegation as inevitable, with his proven experience? They will no doubt need to have the old plan A and plan B depending where they end up.

Timing is another issue now both are out injured.

• Backroom
Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

I was under the impression we had already agreed to buy Cunningham.

Also Wigan were looking to make Mulgrew permanent, espicially if they are accepting relegation as inevitable, with his proven experience? They will no doubt need to have the old plan A and plan B depending where they end up.

Timing is another issue now both are out injured.

The Cunningham purchase agreement is just a rumour at the moment I think, although I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen.

As for Mulgrew, I'm not sure Wigan could afford his wages if they got relegated. In fact I don't know if they can even afford his wages now, as we aren't sure how much they are contributing at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Amo said:

I’m sure Gladwin’s on relative peanuts but it’s another body taking up a wage who will never contribute to the first team. Just because our boss felt sorry for the lad.

I can see how it'll pan out as the season goes on and we end up safely in the middle third he'll start using them bit by bit. To justify them staying in the squad and get some games in them. Perish the thought but a few good games will see contract extensions rather than running them down and letting them go.

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Amo said:

To be fair, he is a good human....

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If that was I decision I'd have made in my old line of work I'd have been fired and I would have had no complaints at all.

Yep - then to back it up with £5m down the drain on Gallagher. Simply not good enough whichever way anyone coats it. Wouldn’t trust the bloke with another penny. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep - then to back it up with £5m down the drain on Gallagher. Simply not good enough whichever way anyone coats it. Wouldn’t trust the bloke with another penny. 

He can't say he wasn't warned either. Brereton was deeply un-impressive on that video and Gallagher had done nothing in his time away from Rovers.