BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

There's no transfer budget. We've already been told by enough people it's loans only. They've spunked all the cash on Gallagher.

Jack Clarke should be the number one priority. Nyambe, Bennett, Bell, Chapman, Rothwell, Evans... nobody can cross a football. If Sam Gallagher is going to score goals, he needs headed chances, same for Brereton when you look at his pre-season goal at Bury.

Spurs are re-calling Clarke from Leeds and if we don't grab him, somebody else will. 

Collectively they are pushing us towards FFP restrictions again and that will end with taps off and the inevitable fire sale like last time. Sadly that's the only way around it depending on the restrictions and length of it.

We've been here before and Shaw warned it was coming a good while before it did but blindly they all galloped into it. Problem is these 'investment' players who are supposed to make money won't be the one's sold for profit. They are safe on their contracts and big wages it's the raw potential and any decent players worth money that will have to go first.

Praying for big money for Dack at the end of the season to cover what's been spent and allow a bit more was probably the plan. Thats gone south now but still the biggest risks have been taken by chucking huge money at the wrong players to fill that void in advance by a manager who clearly hasn't got a clue how to go about it.

Once it all starts again the same old bodies in the background moving these players in and out are the only ones that benefit.

Just now, JoeH said:

There's no transfer budget. We've already been told by enough people it's loans only. They've spunked all the cash on Gallagher.

Jack Clarke should be the number one priority. Nyambe, Bennett, Bell, Chapman, Rothwell, Evans... nobody can cross a football. If Sam Gallagher is going to score goals, he needs headed chances, same for Brereton when you look at his pre-season goal at Bury.

Spurs are re-calling Clarke from Leeds and if we don't grab him, somebody else will. 

Good call. Most of his goals first time were from crosses. Conway probably. We miss his deliveries. 

• Like 1

Teams have been promoted on the back of their loan dealings anyway, Watford and Villa just a few examples in recent times. Just to clarify I don't think we will get promotion, but we can still improve our squad.

Instead of crying about having no money to spend on players theres loan deals to be done.

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

No war chest available bemoans Mowbray in Telegraph...

1.You've spunked Millions on non scoring forwards.

2.The loons from Pune don't trust you anymore with their Rupee.

It's a Rum do folks!

Haven't read it but does he explain why in September he was confident of getting funding from India, and now suddenly there's nothing? I'm not having FFP as his excuse as he would have known about that at the end of September if it was a genuine barrier to investment. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Haven't read it but does he explain why in September he was confident of getting funding from India, and now suddenly there's nothing? I'm not having FFP as his excuse as he would have known about that at the end of September if it was a genuine barrier to investment. 

They've seen their £12 million " investment " turn into a handful of magic beans.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Good call. Most of his goals first time were from crosses. Conway probably. We miss his deliveries. 

Absolutely, Conway's the only real winger we've had at this club for a long time. Ben Marshall could cross a ball when he wanted to, but for nearly a decade we've not had many.

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They've seen their £12 million " investment " turn into a handful of magic beans.

Honestly magic beans would be more useful than what we've gotten out of the dynamic duo at this point in time. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The money spent on Brereton and Gallagher is the Dack money. It’s already been spent trying to find the next Dack type signing. The reason they’re worrying suddenly is there’s a Dack transfer-fee-sized-hole that needs filling for 12 months. 

• Like 1

Yet we completely changed the concept that we went for with Dack. We went for a cheap player in the lower leagues who had looked good at that level. For Brereton and Gallagher we ditched that option and went for expensive young players who hadn’t really done anything recently.

i think we would have all been happy going for a few sub £1m lower league stars with a view to improving them. 

I still think Gallagher will be ok but I’ve seen nothing in Brereton unfortunately. Hope he proves me wrong.

• Like 3

We need a goalkeeper. The current one isn't good enough and isn't ours (thankfully, though it wouldnt surprise me if there was some sort of agreement to make it permanent).

Either in January or the summer we are going to need to sign at least one keeper. Why not do it now? Why wait 6 months?

It sums up what a mess our recruitment has been that we don't have our own competent keeper yet there appears to be no budget nor rush to get one.

Where has the Raya money gone?

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

We need a goalkeeper. The current one isn't good enough and isn't ours (thankfully, though it wouldnt surprise me if there was some sort of agreement to make it permanent).

Either in January or the summer we are going to need to sign at least one keeper. Why not do it now? Why wait 6 months?

It sums up what a mess our recruitment has been that we don't have our own competent keeper yet there appears to be no budget nor rush to get one.

Where has the Raya money gone?

I'm not a fan of Leutwiler but this guy isn't as good as he is. He makes as many howlers as Raya, possibly more in fact, without the world class saves that Raya pulled off from time to time. If you were to tell me he was an outfield player playing as an emergency goal keeper I wouldn't be surprised at all.

22 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Absolutely, Conway's the only real winger we've had at this club for a long time. Ben Marshall could cross a ball when he wanted to, but for nearly a decade we've not had many.

What's Marshall up to? He was a far better right back than Bennett and Yes, he could cross a ball.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Yet we completely changed the concept that we went for with Dack. We went for a cheap player in the lower leagues who had looked good at that level. For Brereton and Gallagher we ditched that option and went for expensive young players who hadn’t really done anything recently.

i think we would have all been happy going for a few sub £1m lower league stars with a view to improving them. 

I still think Gallagher will be ok but I’ve seen nothing in Brereton unfortunately. Hope he proves me wrong.

I think Gallagher might be OK. He has something about him, a good work ethic for a start. He can shoot but rarely is in the right position to do so, for which I blame TM. Not much cop in the air, especially considering his height.

BUT----he was never worth £5M. He's worth about the same as Armstrong imo, possibly less.

Brereton is sadly not going to prove you wrong. We'll still be talking about this signing in 20 years time, (I won't come to think of it!)

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Sounds like our kinda guy! ?

I’m not sure Ben will be welcomed back by the ladies of the Ribble Valley, considering the chaos he left behind him!

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Marshall not having a club doesn't surprise me. A talented player who's attitude left a lot to be desired, as the trail of clubs he's moved on from proves. If the penny hasn't dropped now it never will.

I would rather have Marshall at right back than Bennett

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Downing is the best crosser of a ball I can ever remember us having. Joe Rankin-Costello is very handy too if Tony would give him a chance.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Ya and didnt he say money was left over after the last window?