BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Downing is the best crosser of a ball I can ever remember us having. Joe Rankin-Costello is very handy too if Tony would give him a chance.

But Downing never gets a game on the wing, and JRC never gets a game full stop.

I'd have Craig Conway in my starting eleven every single week right now if we hadn't sold him.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

If they are more worried about Gallagher I presume that’s because they still believe he is salvageable? As ,well, what else can be said about the whole BB debacle?

I haven’t heard anything about BB other than what’s in the media. Ultimately he still has time. Same age as Buckley so has plenty of time to develop. But I know they’ve been worried about Gally who has definitely been hindered by 2yrs of not really playing and hasn’t developed since they last had him. Have to persevere. Gally definitely has the tools.

Whoever we sign will take 1 year to learn the Mowbray way and get in line with this So called super fitness regime he has created which should be question if the needs to rotate the squad every game because they cant handle the games...just look at liverpool and their fitness hardly ever make 6 changes...in this league CONSIsTENCY is the key it is sooooo soooo bloody obvious

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Have to persevere. Gally definitely has the tools.

We might have to persevere with him solely for the reason we've spunked £5m on him and no-one in their right minds would give us anything more than a fraction of that for him but I strongly disagree he'll ever make the grade.

He has the physical attributes but just doesn't have a striker's natural instincts or the natural finishing ability to ever become a reasonably consistent goalscorer and I would have thought that was fairly obvious the first time he was here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah come on now,for all Mowbrays faults and reasons to be criticized,  it's a peculiar angle to have a conspiracy theory as to why Buckely started a few. Before he was starting a lot on here were,incorrectly , slaying mowbray for not giving youth a chance. He gives him a chance,which hasn't worked out, and now you are trying to make out someone is making him play Buckley. Nonsense. I wouldnt say any of the Indians know who Buckley is. 

It was a big gamble to take at this stage of the season, and when we were finally gaining momentum. It didn't pay off. I'm trying to find reasons as to why he made the team selections he did based on the evidence of how well it went - but maybe I jumped to conclusions. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, JoeH said:

But Downing never gets a game on the wing, and JRC never gets a game full stop.

I'd have Craig Conway in my starting eleven every single week right now if we hadn't sold him.

Can I query why, re point two?

He looked a spent force long before we got shut of him and he couldn’t run a bath!

• Like 7

Just now, arbitro said:

An absolute waste of money. Mowbray should be held accountable for this farce.

I may be wrong but I thought there was a suggestion that when a player's contract is up when they have a long term injury they are entitled to a six month extension to give them a chance to restart their career, with the cost of the contract covered by insurance(possibly paid for by the player himself). Anybody know ?

• Like 2

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I may be wrong but I thought there was a suggestion that when a player's contract is up when they have a long term injury they are entitled to a six month extension to give them a chance to restart their career, with the cost of the contract covered by insurance(possibly paid for by the player himself). Anybody know ?

It was a Mowbray pity contract (bolded for emphasis)

“It’s not the right thing to let him run down his contract and then just let him go.

“We’re hopefully doing the right thing by Ben and hopefully he can get himself fit at some stage and try and get himself back on the grass and see how he does.

It’s not a football judgement. He’s been injured for nearly a year, it’s just frustrating for him.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 1

Just now, Amo said:

It was a Mowbray pity contract (bolded for emphasis)

“It’s not the right thing to let him run down his contract and then just let him go.

“We’re hopefully doing the right thing by Ben and hopefully he can get himself fit at some stage and try and get himself back on the grass and see how he does.

It’s not a football judgement. He’s been injured for nearly a year, it’s just frustrating for him.

OK Thanks. We don't know how much this actually cost the club or if it was covered by insurance..

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Gladwin gone following the expiry of a contract Rovers never announced he had signed.

I thought he'd already gone. I forgot he got a pointless contract extension (agent?).

I suspect the young Messi will move onto bigger and better things now, perhaps even La Liga.

Mowbrays quotes in the Lancashire Telegraph suggest that any deals are fairly unlikely and that we have no money. Suspect with his horrendous transfer record, a play off finish seeming so unlikely and of course our accounts looking so grim this is of little surprise. We have been linked to cheap players from Blackpool, Oxford and Gillingham amongst other clubs so nothing to be excited about.

• Like 1