BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

29 minutes ago, JoeH said:

How much better? JRC is a good player. Bringing in someone else's youth on loan, when we haven't given our own a go, and spent £4m on the academy, is pathetic from the club. Would be fuming if we went for this.

This makes total sense. We are going nowhere get our own young guys blooded rather than be a learning curve for other teams youngsters.

I’ve said this previously and will repeat it. Tomphils idea of TM upstairs. Then give Johnson a bash at managing. Blood are youngsters and review in summer. This I feel allows TM to adopt a more advisory and less hands on role. Johnson gets his chance and can use his knowledge of the U23 to develop them and adopt a style of play they understand. It gives the club a better perspective on who has the ability to step up. I would also bring in Any loanee that Johnson feels has what it takes. 

If possible we should remove any deadwood that is increasing the wage bill but not add more players to it. I also suspect lenihan will be sold to balance the books. The above I feel is cost effective,utilises the resources we have and prevents another useless spending splurge.Has it stands we are effectively achieving nothing but losing money to stand still at least with the above there is an element of that appears proactive.

Finally if it fails in summer we can reassess and if required appoint a more experienced manager.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

With some of the prices players have been going for recently we could probably demand at least £10million for Lenihan. 

I am beginning to lose patience with everything about the club and the way it's run so selling him would probably have no affect on me. Yes he's a decent defender but we still ship goals when he's playing, so let's cash in. 

When we went in our little winning run I had hope, but now that has all gone. The season is over and all the pro-Mowbrayers can point to the fact that we are only 4 points off the playoffs, but I don't give a shit. Under Mowbray we will be nothing more than what North End have become, a bang average championship team. That for me is not acceptable. 

If we are keeping Mowbray then sell Lenihan, Travis and whoever else might get us a bit of cash. Tony won't improve them, just like he won't take us any further than mid table. 

Sell the assets but don't give Tony a penny to spunk. Maybe then he might walk. 

Lenihan is another who flatters to deceive. Decent header of the ball but teams target him by popping the ball over him. When he is running back facing his own goal, he is extremely  panicky and rash.

I have no idea who our defensive coaches are but they need sacking. We are so easy to play against.  Basic pub league tactics unpick us every week and it drives me mad.

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

I am completely against signing Under 23's players from other clubs for our first team set-up, there's genuinely no point in running a Category One Academy, at circa £3-4m per season to just bring in other people's talent ON LOAN for a year. Players like Tosin who have first team experience, it's much more appropriate, but to bring in West Ham's good looking young winger, rather than just giving Joe Rankin-Costello some bloody game time - is genuinely baffling.

Our academy players have to be good enough to play in the first team, that’s the real point. They can’t be pushed through just because they are one of ours. If we can get someone better from another club then that has to be done. 

besides that, pushing young lads through that basically aren’t going to make it only gives the academy management team an easy time. If the academy can’t produce the players then they must change until they do IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkipDonoghue said:

You are right, there is no point signing other clubs 23s especially when the 23s mentioned play in the division below ours

Mowbray rates JRC highly, but he hasn't given him an opportunity yet, I know he has a small injury at the minute which has kept him sidelined over Christmas which has been unfortunate as he may well have got an opportunity with injuries to other players

I have also heard that Middlesbrough are keen on taking JRC, they have asked about his availability in this window and if it was to happen it would be a permanent transfer, he is also wanted on loan by a host of L1 and L2 clubs, it will be interesting to see what happens when he's back to fitness, hopefully Mowbray gives him his chance

Given Mowbrays Boro connections that bothers me greatly i hope someone is keeping an eye on all this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

This makes total sense. We are going nowhere get our own young guys blooded rather than be a learning curve for other teams youngsters.

I’ve said this previously and will repeat it. Tomphils idea of TM upstairs. Then give Johnson a bash at managing. Blood are youngsters and review in summer. This I feel allows TM to adopt a more advisory and less hands on role. Johnson gets his chance and can use his knowledge of the U23 to develop them and adopt a style of play they understand. It gives the club a better perspective on who has the ability to step up. I would also bring in Any loanee that Johnson feels has what it takes. 

If possible we should remove any deadwood that is increasing the wage bill but not add more players to it. I also suspect lenihan will be sold to balance the books. The above I feel is cost effective,utilises the resources we have and prevents another useless spending splurge.Has it stands we are effectively achieving nothing but losing money to stand still at least with the above there is an element of that appears proactive.

Finally if it fails in summer we can reassess and if required appoint a more experienced manager.

Agree, the first team itself now really needs a whole new fresh approach, an identity and a solid first 11 where possible who all know their roles.

Shuffling the deckchairs is worth a try and at least there wouldn't be too much upheaval but of course some noses would be put out of joint unless they are open to it.  Rovers now is very much jobs for the boys though so there is nobody in power who could oversee this sadly.

Just now, darrenrover said:

I see Jack Clarke and Nmecha have both signed for 'Boro.

Clarke would have been a good signing for us.

Has anyone heard any more on the rumours of Tosin going back to City?

He's not going back to City, the emergence of Eric Garcia has made sure of that

I have been told there's a possibility that an attacking mid/ No10 from Germany (21 years old) is being considered for a loan move he was being shown around Brockhall yesterday, I have nothing more than that, don't have name or from which club, a bit vague but we shall see

• Like 4

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Wouldn't you replace a Bennet with a Costello as one has the chance to improve and the other is at a level that is his very limit battling relegation? Look at how Norwich just threw in two young fallbacks and basically got on with it.

No risk no reward.

If JRC is a promising talent at Right back, it seems like a no brainer to start getting him involved. Nyambe is injury prone and as you say, Bennett is limited and needs replacing sooner rather than later.

Cup game against Birmingham seems like a good place to start and then get him involved in the league and see how he goes.

He doesn't need to start every game but we'll never know if he's ready for the first team unless he starts playing in it.

• Like 1

Most concerning thing this window is that it was only last week Mowbray claimed he doesn’t yet know what formation we’ll play for the rest of the season... how the fucking hell can we recruit well if you don’t even know what formation you want to play Tony? If we were at all sticking to the 4231 I’d have been all over Dowell who’s going to Wigan on loan, better option for the number 10 than everyone we currently have bar Holtby.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Given Mowbrays Boro connections that bothers me greatly i hope someone is keeping an eye on all this.

Just now, davulsukur said:

If JRC is a promising talent at Right back, it seems like a no brainer to start getting him involved. Nyambe is injury prone and as you say, Bennett is limited and needs replacing sooner rather than later.

Cup game against Birmingham seems like a good place to start and then get him involved in the league and see how he goes.

He doesn't need to start every game but we'll never know if he's ready for the first team unless he starts playing in it.

JRC is injured at the min so won't make the Birmingham game, he isnt as good defensively as Nyambe, but is far superior going forward, for him to be involved regular at right back would probably mean a change of system to play wing backs 3-5-2 or similar, it's not his favoured position, he is better in the middle of the park or wide or behind the striker, but is more than capable of doing a job at right back if and when needed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I have been told there's a possibility that an attacking mid/ No10 from Germany (21 years old) is being considered for a loan move he was being shown around Brockhall yesterday, I have nothing more than that, don't have name or from which club, a bit vague but we shall see

Baldrik SchuDacker?

48 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Blimey - Boro have signed Roberts, Nmecha and possibly Clarke? Another club that will be above us imminently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boroblue said:

You want to sell Lenihan without replacing him, then rely on the kids and patching up with loans? Our defence is threadbare as it is. Our keeper is dire. Come the summer we will need a ton of players all at once, between players whose contracts are out and not worth renewing, and loans which will finish.

Our young centre halves are mostly on loan and not proven at anywhere near this level. We can't sell Lenihan. If we do, we absolutely need to buy a permanent replacement.

As it stands, most fans will tell you we need a keeper, a centre half, a left back, and potentially a RB. We can't get all of that from the youth team, not at an acceptable level. Come next season we need a minimum of 2 centre backs when Tosin returns. Selling our only decent permanent one without replacement is madness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkipDonoghue said:

You are right, there is no point signing other clubs 23s especially when the 23s mentioned play in the division below ours

Mowbray rates JRC highly, but he hasn't given him an opportunity yet, I know he has a small injury at the minute which has kept him sidelined over Christmas which has been unfortunate as he may well have got an opportunity with injuries to other players

I have also heard that Middlesbrough are keen on taking JRC, they have asked about his availability in this window and if it was to happen it would be a permanent transfer, he is also wanted on loan by a host of L1 and L2 clubs, it will be interesting to see what happens when he's back to fitness, hopefully Mowbray gives him his chance

I complete agree with you and your points made. 

JRC I would be looking to bring into the 1st team match squad. Good winger for us. 

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Clarke hasn't signed for Boro yet but are front runners for him. 

They signed Roberts and Nmecha from City. They are signing wingers but recent results where they have win as been playing 3-5-1-1 formation. So they are going have to change tactics to suit these players. 

Mowbray has said post Forest match that Man City have said he can stay here for the season. 

We still need a keeper, Centre back and Left back. 

I would be target Dawson from Sheff Wed or Muller from FC Heidenheim for Keeper slot. 

Centre back would be Cooper from Millwall

Left Back Jack Robinson from Forest or Kingsley from Hull. 

All the players mentioned above are out of contract in the summer according to the website Transfermarkt

1 hour ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Quick research:

Aymen Barkok - Fortuna Dusseldorf (Div 1) - 21 Years Old - Attacking Midfielder - Played 3 Games In The Bundesliga 1st Division This Season.

Niklas Schmidt - Werder Bremen but on loan currently at Vfl Onsabruck (Div 2) - 21 Years Old - Attacking Midfielder - 11 Games, 3 Goals & 1 Assists for Onsabruck this Season. Maybe cutting that loan short and heading to us for the final 6 months of the season. Worth a fair few bob but clearly not required at top league Bremen.

Gorkem Saglam - Vfl Bochum (Div 2) - 21 Years Old - Attacking Midfielder - Contract expiring in June 2020, so loan here less likely, unless its loan to get permanently on a free. Hasn't played a single game this season. Seems to have come from their academy. Did play 10 games last season, with no goal contributions or assists... hope it isn't this guy.

Florent Muslija - Hannover 96 - 21 Years Old - Attacking Midfielder - Played in 15 games for them this season, so seems the least likely for a loan deal. Hannover a good side in the second division though, and is young so never know.

Gut feeling says if its any of these lot then its Schmidt from Bremen.