BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Bell plays left back. Where was Bennett.

But Bell and Bennett are a big part of our problem; so too now Walton unfortunately.

TM pushed Bennett  forward and when the ball was lost  it was a foot race with Lenihan who couldn't  catch him , Tosin was coming across to the Forest lad and Bell was 20 yards off the lad running  on to the cross at that time in the game Rovers had gone to three at the back and then TM put Rothwell at right back crazy management

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I think the thing he had going against him is that Conway and Gestede signed soon after and ultimately he was never going to get the number 10 position at the expense of one of our 2 20 goal strikers. That said, he would have been far more useless wide left compared to the awful Chris Taylor.

Tbh I'd rather have Chris Taylor out wide than Gallagher or Brereton like we do at the moment.

• Like 4

On 30/12/2019 at 19:27, SkipDonoghue said:

Since the introduction of EPP There's a reason no Cat 1 academy players are playing for their county and town teams....... The club has to give permission and they won't give permission, they don't feel any Cat. 1 academy player will benefit from it as usually the coaching is limited to say the least and is taken by junior football coaches, teachers etc who aren't that great (no offence intended to junior coaches, teachers etc) 

Cat 1 academy players will train 4/5 times a week with games on Sunday and a training session on a Saturday morning, this is when the majority of town/county teams play, this doesn't apply to Cat 2 and Cat 3 academy's as they don't train as often and permission isn't required this is why you will see Burnley (Cat 2) and Preston (Cat 3) players involved in this level of football, it is very rare to see a Cat 1 academy player in these games and is the reason no Rovers youngster plays for the town or county, if they had one to play for

So the level of town and county teams is well down on what they used to be and is why you have to go back to the time of Giggs, Scholes, Dunny etc to find elite players in these teams, it has nothing to do with scouting or hook ups with local teams etc, it's basically a non starter for Cat 1 players

This isnt correct at all.  Most academies allow their players to play town/county football, Utd actively encourage it. .Burnley actively discourages it......its generally down to parents if they want to pursue it.  The district I'm involved with have and always have had players at Everton, Rovers, Utd, Liverpool...and you go to watch Liverpool or Sefton schoolboys and they are all at Liverpool/Everton/Etc .....my current U12s has 1 x Everton,  1 x Utd , 1 x BWFC and 2 x pne..

This is kind of missing the point anyway as we are talking about boys who arent already identified....my overall point was that we don't scout these games generally in Lancashire....

Cheers.

Edited by Sparks Rover

If we're "scouting" ex players, how long before Man Utd and Phil Jones get desperate enough for a loan back (assuming Lenihan goes to free up the stupid and pointless wages we would have to pay for 18 matches)

Imagine if our starting back 5 (in theory) was Walton (Shit - Loan) - Cunningham (inj - loan) - Tosin (loan) - Jones (Gurns - loan) - Bennett (wish we could loan).

This club, anything is possible. Just not promotion, a promotion push, attractive football or even an attractive away kit.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

Phil Jones on loan? I mean I don’t mean to be dismissive or nasty, I’m sure someone else can explain why me turning out for rovers is more likely!

As for Alan Judge.... I mean I agree with the skeptical outlook that suggest we surely have to cast the net wider than a third time lucky injury prone winger? 

Perhaps any investment in attacking players should be welcomed at this point - at least Alan can cross a ball..!

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think the thing he had going against him is that Conway and Gestede signed soon after and ultimately he was never going to get the number 10 position at the expense of one of our 2 20 goal strikers. That said, he would have been far more useless wide left compared to the awful Chris Taylor.

Yer it would have been difficult to get him in the team.

Pretty sure we sold him to Brentford where he played really well though. Scored a few too.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2020 at 23:22, roversfan99 said:

The stats show that it is a goalscorer that we need more than anywhere else. 8 clean sheets in 26 but take Dack out of the equation, which he is, and only one other player has more goals than Derrick Williams.

Indeed,but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that! 

Anybody know any Blackpool fans who can give an opinion on Heneghan? 

It's a difficult one for TM. Obviously no money in the kitty and we only really have 2 saleable assets and one of those is out of action. 

If any money raised from this potential deal is allocated for transfers I wouldn't totally be against it. 

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Anybody know any Blackpool fans who can give an opinion on Heneghan? 

It's a difficult one for TM. Obviously no money in the kitty and we only really have 2 saleable assets and one of those is out of action. 

If any money raised from this potential deal is allocated for transfers I wouldn't totally be against it. 

I have a couple of mates that support Blackpool and both rate him very highly. If we could get upwards of 6 million for Lenihan plus him I would take it. Only if that 6million could be used to strengthen the rest of the squad though. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

This isnt correct at all.  Most academies allow their players to play town/county football, Utd actively encourage it. .Burnley actively discourages it......its generally down to parents if they want to pursue it.  The district I'm involved with have and always have had players at Everton, Rovers, Utd, Liverpool...and you go to watch Liverpool or Sefton schoolboys and they are all at Liverpool/Everton/Etc .....my current U12s has 1 x Everton,  1 x Utd , 1 x BWFC and 2 x pne..

This is kind of missing the point anyway as we are talking about boys who arent already identified....my overall point was that we don't scout these games generally in Lancashire....

Cheers.

I know for a fact at United you have to get permission from the club to play in town/County football, the reasons are it interferes with the coaching programme at academy level and it means kids pick up bad habits from limited unqualified coaches, at these town/County teams who haven't really got more than a level 1 coaching badge who think they're Klopp, any kid who does this or is allowed to do it that's at United will damage their chance at United, its their way or no way, so if I was you I'd pass this onto your u12s players parents especially the one at United, by the way what's his name and where does he train in the week? 

So they discourage their kids from playing in it, I never said they wouldn't let a kid do it but they don't like it and 99% of the time get their way

You're not really up to speed with EPPP, so I'm going to leave it there, but if you could answer the two questions above that would be good

thanks for sharing you're knowledge of all things academy related it's been fun, if nothing else

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Wouldn't surprise anyone with this lot in charge.

If we have any hope of progressing as a team we need to replace our good players with better players, not the other way around. Replace Dack with Judge ? Are they joking ? I'm off to Rochdale V Newcastle now. I'll see if there are any promising players on show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Would be one of the most backwards transfer dealings ever if we get shut of Lenihan to bring him in.

I could see it happening of we got a centre back and some cash. 

With no Dsck sale on the horizon now, I reckon we'll need a sale of some description to plug some financial gaps.

• Like 2