BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I know for a fact at United you have to get permission from the club to play in town/County football, the reasons are it interferes with the coaching programme at academy level and it means kids pick up bad habits from limited unqualified coaches, at these town/County teams who haven't really got more than a level 1 coaching badge who think they're Klopp, any kid who does this or is allowed to do it that's at United will damage their chance at United, its their way or no way, so if I was you I'd pass this onto your u12s players parents especially the one at United, by the way what's his name and where does he train in the week? 

So they discourage their kids from playing in it, I never said they wouldn't let a kid do it but they don't like it and 99% of the time get their way

You're not really up to speed with EPPP, so I'm going to leave it there, but if you could answer the two questions above that would be good

thanks for sharing you're knowledge of all things academy related it's been fun, if nothing else

I wouldn't share anything with you. I find you rather insulting and a know nothing.

Utd encourage my players to play district and county football so I don't know what you are on about.  True, they do miss the odd game due to tournaments etc, but we get them for the important games.  

You shouldn't insult people who you don't know mate . A lot of great coaches do both town team football and academy football .its a tough standard and anybody that says otherwise is ignorant.

Edited by Sparks Rover

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Noticed Magloire who's on loan at Rochdale started at RB, had a bit of a torrid time, and was hooked after 30 mins.

That cant be doing him any good, being played out of position.

Doesn't look physical enough for CH for me Simon. In fact he doesn't look like he'll make much of a player to me either.

The art is to blood them not throw them to the lions but Mowbray is a bit muddled with that as well.

I think he's done ok with Travis but he did turn in some really good early displays which always helps. His handling ( and signing ) of Brereton has been shocking imo. As was his helping hand towards the door of Raya,  Buckley again i think he's going about it a bit cack handed the lad isn't physically ready he should be out on loan first half of this season.

He was giving him the BB slot of last ten mins whatever the score earlier in the season and recently has had him more involved but he's struggling. A softly softly bit by bit approach is needed with this kid at this stage i reckon, if you aren't going to loan him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did any of you see that stat that Gallagher has the worst goals to minutes ration of ANY striker in the championship? Shocking stuff 

Just a bewildering signing. I know Mowbray apologists argue “that’s football!” but the £12m weren’t calculated risks. We’d already had Gallagher on loan. That should’ve been enough to convince the manager he wasn’t worth the £5m price tag. 

And Brereton came right out of left-field. I don’t think anyone could have seen us spending £7m on an Championship academy player.

My diagnosis for what it's worth is that we definitely do not need to sign a Dack replacement in terms of an attacking mid. We've got Holtby and Rothwell. Make do with them. 

What we do need desperately is a striker who scores regularly, and two full backs and a keeper.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

My diagnosis for what it's worth is that we definitely do not need to sign a Dack replacement in terms of an attacking mid. We've got Holtby and Rothwell. Make do with them. 

What we do need desperately is a striker who scores regularly, and two full backs and a keeper.

Dack has been our chief source of goals. So to flip your point, it's a bit like saying we don't need a striker who scores regularly, we have Gallagher, Armstrong, Brereton, Graham and Samuel. Make do with them.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Dack has been our chief source of goals. So to flip your point, it's a bit like saying we don't need a striker who scores regularly, we have Gallagher, Armstrong, Brereton, Graham and Samuel. Make do with them.

I'd rather sign a quality striker and get Holtby to provide than sign (yet another) number 10 and strive on with Gallagher/Brereton.

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'd rather sign a quality striker and get Holtby to provide than sign (yet another) number 10 and strive on with Gallagher/Brereton.

But it's 'yet another' striker, too. In fact we have even more of those. And TM has shown he has no ability to pick them out.

Frankly we are buggered regardless. We don't have the money to recruit known goalscorers in those areas. Maybe we get lucky with a loan.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

But it's 'yet another' striker, too. In fact we have even more of those. And TM has shown he has no ability to pick them out.

Frankly we are buggered regardless. We don't have the money to recruit known goalscorers in those areas. Maybe we get lucky with a loan.

I guess what I'm saying is out number 10s are better than our strikers, so I would invest in strikers.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Noticed Magloire who's on loan at Rochdale started at RB, had a bit of a torrid time, and was hooked after 30 mins.

That cant be doing him any good, being played out of position.

I think it will set him up perfectly by the time he gets another game under Mowbray 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

No wonder Dom’s trying to stay positive can’t even get on ahead of that guff

64FEB644-104B-48CA-BC14-875E9E33D005.jpeg

Decent strikers are really a rare breed. Since we've gone down the only decent all round striker we've had has been Graham. Rhodes was a phenomenal poacher, Gestede amazing in the air, King a speed merchant and under used. But a striker who can score goals, knit the play together and defend from the front are like gold dust.

A single decent striker can make such a huge difference. We really really need to find one.

• Like 2