BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's lightening quick for a start. He's got a good engine- gets up and down the wing without too much trouble. End to end runs are no problem. He can pick a pass and he gives it nice and early, rarely gets caught in possession,  reads the game well for a young player. Two decent feet, Most of all he wants to play and he wants to take the game to the opposition all the time. Very enthusiastic lad with a good attitude. Very bright and level headed off the pitch apparently.

Downside is he's not very tall although he does his best in aerial challenges.

He's been out of the team lately because he was being asked to do too much at such a young age  but the rest had obviously worked wonders for him today.

Before we get too excited United are in for him apparently.

He also didn’t look out of he’s depth against Newcastle today and I’ll go further made a difference in shutting down Newcastle on that wing. Very very tidy

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Our players need to stand up to be counted, stop hiding behind excuses, as does the manager 

The team is about where it should be given the personnel we have.

Again, I can't subscribe to this theory. The manager regularly plays people out of position, drops them when in form or plays them when out of form and generally mismanages the team. I refuse to accept that we wouldn't be several points better off with a manager who didn't do these things so often. The league is tight enough that that would make a big difference.

On 03/01/2020 at 14:00, JoeH said:

Quick research:

Aymen Barkok - Fortuna Dusseldorf (Div 1) - 21 Years Old - Attacking Midfielder - Played 3 Games In The Bundesliga 1st Division This Season.

Niklas Schmidt - Werder Bremen but on loan currently at Vfl Onsabruck (Div 2) - 21 Years Old - Attacking Midfielder - 11 Games, 3 Goals & 1 Assists for Onsabruck this Season. Maybe cutting that loan short and heading to us for the final 6 months of the season. Worth a fair few bob but clearly not required at top league Bremen.

Gorkem Saglam - Vfl Bochum (Div 2) - 21 Years Old - Attacking Midfielder - Contract expiring in June 2020, so loan here less likely, unless its loan to get permanently on a free. Hasn't played a single game this season. Seems to have come from their academy. Did play 10 games last season, with no goal contributions or assists... hope it isn't this guy.

Florent Muslija - Hannover 96 - 21 Years Old - Attacking Midfielder - Played in 15 games for them this season, so seems the least likely for a loan deal. Hannover a good side in the second division though, and is young so never know.

Gut feeling says if its any of these lot then its Schmidt from Bremen.

Take my hat off to you sir! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Anyone else think our lack of money is down to the Dack injury ? Selling him was our best chance of not coming foul of FFP - we are now in a financial hole with our only sellable asset being Lenihan.

I think that's pretty much everyone's opinion rather than a select few!

18 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Anyone else think our lack of money is down to the Dack injury ? Selling him was our best chance of not coming foul of FFP - we are now in a financial hole with our only sellable asset being Lenihan.

We have to see what happens. Depends what year 2 of our championship returns show financially. 

We need to start looking towards the foreign more and getting players cheaper than we paid for Brereton or Gallagher. I would imagine our summer signings will be free transfers and loans. With the bulk of them foreign players. 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have to see what happens. Depends what year 2 of our championship returns show financially. 

We need to start looking towards the foreign more and getting players cheaper than we paid for Brereton or Gallagher. I would imagine our summer signings will be free transfers and loans. With the bulk of them foreign players. 

There is absolutely no evidence that Mowbray will start signing foreign players.  How many has he signed since being here?

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Clark Odour

Never played against Rovers. 6 games all season. Ben William's was good for us. 

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

There is absolutely no evidence that Mowbray will start signing foreign players.  How many has he signed since being here?

Set to sign our 1st foreign signing if reports are to believe. Plus our scouts have been in Germany, Portugal and France. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never played against Rovers. 6 games all season. Ben William's was good for us. 

Chaddy the master football pundit.  So, you've never seen him play then but you are dismissive anyway.  Yeah, must have been great that Ben Williams ....

9 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Im unsure what we should do,

In reality we need GK, LB, RB, at least one CB

2 wingers

2 strikers

If TM is staying then we need to spend, if he is on borrowed time, then i'd rather spend nothing and wait until we get a new manager. 

In recent games its been a case of 11 players on pitch, no real plan and a team which looks like all the confidence has been sucked from it. I dont know if this is due to the weekly constant changes to the line up, or players just playing out of position.

Players get managers sacked, but in our case too many are just not good enough, which comes down to recruitment.

Twitter is twitter, people claiming Brereton was crying today due to abuse. The reality is, he was shocking again, someone says they heard one thing, someone takes that as a fact, then twist a story to make it sound believable and then uses mental health awareness day as justification.

These players get good money to play football, they get grief when they are not playing well, as its a sport of emotion. The opposition support give them grief, it comes with the territory.

How many on here can honestly say they've never given the ref grief, not joined in with the chants " you dont know what you are doing", "the referees a w@@k@r" . "We're playing 12 again", is this not bullying also? Is this a disgrace too?

Our players need to stand up to be counted, stop hiding behind excuses, as does the manager.

The team is about where it should be given the personnel we have. TM Says there is no cash, so on that basis, the squad we already have needs to pull its socks up and prove they are of championship standard

Good post.

However, your shopping list at the start is so damning of the manager after three Championship windows and, what, £15m-£18m spent on transfer fees alone? The fact that recruits in all of those areas have been to bolster the squad and not improve the first XI makes it even worse.

If Mowbray was given a remit to buy all 8 (eight!) of those required players then IMHO, he would still choose 8 more players to ‘help the lads we already have’!

We need to recoup some money from poor signings. Try to convince someone that he hasn’t settled at Rovers and try to get £3m based on his potential and throw in a sell-on clause to make it convincing.

I’m also quite worried that financially it makes sense to try to get a small fee for Graham before the Summer but we cannot cope currently without him. Brereton, Gallagher, Samuel and... Armstrong(?) make us very weak up top.

Despite our well stocked CM, it is looking like Downing is our best centre midfielder (a converted winger!). Let’s just hope someone is talking to him about doing his badges - if he isn’t already. I could certainly see him going into management a la Scott Parker.

Full backs are Bennett (now injured along with Nyambe?) and Bell (least said with our first choice a crocked loanee). We are a(nother) Lenihan injury away from a crisis and our own CBs on loan don’t seem anywhere near a starting berth under this regime.

Chapman has surely done himself a favour recently but, like Rothwell before him, won’t be a regular until he becomes more defensively minded (why would anyone want that?). We need to start letting attackers attack.

Our treatment room is looking stronger than our starting line up, let alone the bench, which is a standard sign that the players have lost faith and don’t want tarnishing.

It’s no use asking Mowbray to recruit his way out of our problems with playing staff, we will just end up with the same issues just with different names on their shirts.

Anyone got any good news??

9 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Im unsure what we should do,

In reality we need GK, LB, RB, at least one CB

2 wingers

2 strikers

If TM is staying then we need to spend, if he is on borrowed time, then i'd rather spend nothing and wait until we get a new manager. 

Think Mowbray's player trading with the odd exception is appalling.

Why any 'sensible' owners would give him further funds when, IMO, he's spunked away £12million+ in fees plus very substantial wages (up to another £12million over 4 years) on Brereton and Gallagher, is beyond my comprehension.

Bottom line, IMO, is Waggott, Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson all have to go, and go now before we are dragged down further, as they are are just not up to it.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You're good a reading minds are you? 

No, it’s the one I remember playing well against us. I bow to your superior knowledge. After all you gave us “Ben Whiteman” who’s absolutely smashing it I see!!...oh, wait ?

• Like 2

Age 23 and club captain of league 1 Doncaster, I'd say he's doing very well. I'd have him over any of our shyte midfield. I didn't bring him up either, Tony invited him in for a chat. ..

Even Steve Bruce agrees so watch this space

Edited by Sparks Rover