BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Age 23 and club captain of league 1 Doncaster, I'd say he's doing very well. I'd have him over any of our shyte midfield. I didn't bring him up either, Tony invited him in for a chat. ..

Even Steve Bruce agrees so watch this space

I wouldnt take over Him over Evans and Travis. 

So we put a bid for this Whiteman this summer then? 

He's going to Newcastle? Is he better than Shevley or the Longstaff brothers? 

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Age 23 and club captain of league 1 Doncaster, I'd say he's doing very well. I'd have him over any of our shyte midfield. I didn't bring him up either, Tony invited him in for a chat. ..

Even Steve Bruce agrees so watch this space

Some of the guys on Soccer Saturday where asked to name ones to watch in League 1 the other day

Matt Murray said Ben Whiteman... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I wouldn't share anything with you. I find you rather insulting and a know nothing.

Utd encourage my players to play district and county football so I don't know what you are on about.  True, they do miss the odd game due to tournaments etc, but we get them for the important games.  

You shouldn't insult people who you don't know mate . A lot of great coaches do both town team football and academy football .its a tough standard and anybody that says otherwise is ignorant.

That was the answer I was expecting to be honest and I've done with you now to so like I said if nothing else it's been fun, 

You seem to think you're smarter than the average bear but really you're the one who knows nowt, the "I'm involved in elite football" quote you came out with previously said it all for me, youre involved in junior football so well done for that, but you also have an axe to grind against Rovers as I've stated before, so over and out Sparky thanks again for your amazing insite, into elite football haha

• Like 2

10 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Im unsure what we should do,

In reality we need GK, LB, RB, at least one CB

2 wingers

2 strikers

If TM is staying then we need to spend, if he is on borrowed time, then i'd rather spend nothing and wait until we get a new manager. 

In recent games its been a case of 11 players on pitch, no real plan and a team which looks like all the confidence has been sucked from it. I dont know if this is due to the weekly constant changes to the line up, or players just playing out of position.

Players get managers sacked, but in our case too many are just not good enough, which comes down to recruitment.

Twitter is twitter, people claiming Brereton was crying today due to abuse. The reality is, he was shocking again, someone says they heard one thing, someone takes that as a fact, then twist a story to make it sound believable and then uses mental health awareness day as justification.

These players get good money to play football, they get grief when they are not playing well, as its a sport of emotion. The opposition support give them grief, it comes with the territory.

How many on here can honestly say they've never given the ref grief, not joined in with the chants " you dont know what you are doing", "the referees a w@@k@r" . "We're playing 12 again", is this not bullying also? Is this a disgrace too?

Our players need to stand up to be counted, stop hiding behind excuses, as does the manager.

The team is about where it should be given the personnel we have. TM Says there is no cash, so on that basis, the squad we already have needs to pull its socks up and prove they are of championship standard

Good post 

It's just I cant help but feel any change of manager will not take place until summer ,at least and I also cant help but feel the only way he will go is if he decides to himself. 

The lack of confidence being displayed by Brereton and now Gallagher is puzzling and definitely reflects on the manager in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Apparently we are expressing an interest in Scott Hogan.  Not sure it's legit because of wages,but could be a good addition. Granted he hasn't really got going anywhere since Brentford. A little poacher on his day though. 

He's been injured a lot though in recent years. We can't afford another crock.

The 3 vital positions for January are a goalkeeper, a left back and a centre back. But other positions where we need players by the start of next season if we want to push for promotion are right back, another centre back, a central midfield, 2 wingers and 2 strikers. It's a damning indictment of the manager that after 3 years and plenty of Millions spent that we still have so many areas where we need to strengthen. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Some of the guys on Soccer Saturday where asked to name ones to watch in League 1 the other day

Matt Murray said Ben Whiteman... 

We missed out on him because Waggot and Mowbray are pillocks when it comes to doing a deal. . Bauer would concur 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldnt take over Him over Evans and Travis. 

So we put a bid for this Whiteman this summer then? 

He's going to Newcastle? Is he better than Shevley or the Longstaff brothers? 

Well you know nothing then.

He didn't like Waggot or Mowbray and their attitude- Same as Bauer didn't 

Bruce has made contact, maybe he thinks he could be....he's a very good player is Ben...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Apparently we are expressing an interest in Scott Hogan.  Not sure it's legit because of wages,but could be a good addition. Granted he hasn't really got going anywhere since Brentford. A little poacher on his day though. 

Cant afford his wages. 

34 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Well you know nothing then.

He didn't like Waggot or Mowbray and their attitude- Same as Bauer didn't 

Bruce has made contact, maybe he thinks he could be....he's a very good player is Ben...

Oh well. His lost. Hope he enjoying league 1 football this season.

I've seen him play. Is he better than Evans and Travis? Not a chance. 

People have different opinions. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think Mowbray's player trading with the odd exception is appalling.

Why any 'sensible' owners would give him further funds when, IMO, he's spunked away £12million+ in fees plus very substantial wages (up to another £12million over 4 years) on Brereton and Gallagher, is beyond my comprehension.

Bottom line, IMO, is Waggott, Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson all have to go, and go now before we are dragged down further, as they are are just not up to it.

Completely agree Mercer. So with this in mind I trust you won’t be predicting we’ll be beating PNE 4-1 next weekend?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

The 3 vital positions for January are a goalkeeper, a left back and a centre back. But other positions where we need players by the start of next season if we want to push for promotion are right back, another centre back, a central midfield, 2 wingers and 2 strikers. It's a damning indictment of the manager that after 3 years and plenty of Millions spent that we still have so many areas where we need to strengthen. 

How can the vital positions not include a striker? We really really need one.

10 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

How can the vital positions not include a striker? We really really need one.

I can't see us signings 4 players during the window even 3 is unlikely. I believe that any good side is built on the foundations of a solid defence, our only left back is the horrendous Bell, the goalkeeping position speaks for itself and at centre back we are very light and to be honest Tosin doesn't hugely impress me.

• Like 1

Build a team from the back clearly isn't this managers philosophy and that's probably been his undoing through his management career. 

Stack the front. pack the middle in the squad then penny pinch make do and mend converting at the back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Build a team from the back clearly isn't this managers philosophy and that's probably been his undoing through his management career. 

Stack the front. pack the middle in the squad then penny pinch make do and mend converting at the back.

That has been the philosophy ever since we were relegated from the Premier League. The imbalance between transfer fees paid for forwards and midfielders on one hand and goalkeepers and defenders on the other is extraordinary. Given that it has been going on for so long under so many managers points to there being outside interference presumably from the owners; I don't think you can blame Tony Mowbray for that.

• Like 2

In my view we need a keeper, CD & LB this Jan, probably all as loans though I'd hope keeper & LB could be permanent. 

I accept the squad is unbalanced but we need defenders more than forwards just now. I think we have to stick with SG, BB, AA & DG as our striking options. I don't think our options are as bad there as folk make out. According to the BBC, Armstrong was excellent yesterday; we know SG can score goals - he scored a dozen in a poor Coyle team, plus see against Preston in October - and a run in the team in the centre will benefit him. BB is a more challenging problem to solve, but like with SG he hopefully just needs a run in the team in a central position to build his confidence.

We're creating chances; convert maybe just 5% more of them and draws turn into wins, defeats into draws and we get back in amongst the playoff mix. TBH I don't think TM has a choice but to persevere with his current attacking options.

But that needs to be tied into an improvement defensively; that's where the real problems lie. We're too weak & lightweight. I think recruitment here has been lacking but that said I think TM has also been unlucky to some extent in missing out on his preferred keeper options in summer to replace Raya, missing Tosin for 2 lengthy periods (he managed almost a full season at West Brom) & Nyambe recently, and losing Cunningham for the season. The goals we've conceded recently have been poor; shore that up (as we did in our recent unbeaten run) and we'll move up the table again.

I actually believe we're talking about fine margins between mid table mediocrity & a proper play off push. Sensible modest recruitment this Jan could still tip the balance for us, and I don't think overall things are as dire as most are making out.

I realise of course that I am in a very significant minority...!

(Puts tin hat on and bracing for replies)

• Like 4

Our academy needs to be producing better quality, or at least players who can be able replacements for short term injuries.

People will rightly point to Travis and Nyambe but where are the next ones?

Given our 'tight' financial position surely we must produce more of 'our own'?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Where is this from? Not a particularly encouraging record although better than Brereton and Gallagher on account of not being Brereton or Gallagher! So get him in.

• Like 1