BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why would anyone walk away with nothing when he can get sacked with his money paid up?  He must be on at least 750k pa

Kean was only on 1 million pounds as manager when he was here when we was in premier league club. But dropped to 600k per year when we dropped from Premier league to Championship season 2012/13 season. 

Here Is Nick Harris article on Kean's contract from October 2012

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213963/Nick-Harris-Steve-Kean-turned-14-9m-Blackburn-deal.html

I would say in my opinion Mowbray is on 600k basic plus bonuses. Leeds manager Bielsa is 6 million pounds per season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kean was only on 1 million pounds as manager when he was here when we was in premier league club

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213963/Nick-Harris-Steve-Kean-turned-14-9m-Blackburn-deal.html

I would say in my opinion Mowbray is on 600k basic plus bonuses. Leeds manager Bielsa is 6 million pounds per season. 

Ok, but he'd still be a mad man to walk away from it.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kean was only on 1 million pounds as manager when he was here when we was in premier league club. But dropped to 600k per year when we dropped from Premier league to Championship season 2012/13 season. 

Mowbrays wage is a total guess but I suppose that proves that you get what you pay for!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbrays wage is a total guess but I suppose that proves that you get what you pay for!

That's why I said in my opinion. Tho I don't think I'm far off tbh. 

We are never going to offering millions in wages to attract managers like Bilic or Bielsa..

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Surprised how little discussion there has been of this one. Keeper is our number one priority as far as I'm concerned, and Bialkowski has been mentioned a few times on here as a good un.

Take him in a heartbeat 

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why would anyone walk away with nothing when he can get sacked with his money paid up?  He must be on at least 750k pa

I don’t think he’ll walk. My point was that he’s more likely to walk than get sacked.

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He probably realised it would harm the club if he chased his pay off.  Venkys can afford it so I expect it's a sacking or he stays

You don’t know him then. The money is of no relevance to Tony. 40 years in the game on good money, living a simple life. More importantly, one of the most honourable men you will ever meet.

If HE feels his race is run, he’ll walk. 

• Like 3

They started to turn against Barnsley as we were slipping towards the relegation zone. We then went on a mini charge and it dissipated.

As long as we are ‘3/4/5/6/7 points from the play offs‘ and not in much danger of going down I don’t foresee the Ewood crowd turning again.

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Looks like we are getting 20 year old George Tanner from Man Utd as first signing, fullback on loan at Morecambe.

He has done well at Morecombe, his contract with United expires at the end of the season so we should be able to pick him up for a nominal fee.  If we do sign him I can see him being loaned out again until the end of the season.  

Hell of a lot of absolute guff in the topic which isn't even transfer related.

So, on topic Bialkowski has been linked although the source doesn't sound stonewall. Think we would all welcome him even though he's a more 'mature' gentleman. 

A few people linked us with Billy Sharpe yesterday as it sounded like he's going to be available but reading today he'd rather stay and fight for his place than step back down to the championship.

Few whispers about the young German chap but haven't heard much else.

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Looks like we are getting 20 year old George Tanner from Man Utd as first signing, fullback on loan at Morecambe.

Left or right ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Another U23 signing

Any first teamers linked?

To be fair, the 23's need it. Squad getting thin now with injuries to Butterworth and Grayson long term, JRC more shorter term, Wharton, Platt, White all out on loan too...

Not a huge fan of the Bialkowski rumour. I don't really see what that fixes. Yes Walton is only on loan, but how many years past next season can Bialkoswki be a Number 1 at a Championship football club.

Should be doing everything we can to get Karl Darlow, whether that's on loan til summer and buy cheap then, or buy him now.

Posh have signed their second CAM of the window, I reckon Marcus Maddison will move if they can manage it. £2.5m release clause but free in the summer. If it gets to summer and he's available for nothing we should be all over it. He's proper quality and would help fill the Dack hole for a year at the least, if not longer term for when Dack departs.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

You don’t know him then. The money is of no relevance to Tony. 40 years in the game on good money, living a simple life. More importantly, one of the most honourable men you will ever meet.

If HE feels his race is run, he’ll walk. 

But not without negotiating his pay off first, everyone slapping themselves on the back and announcing the deal as being by "mutual consent".

You really do insult everyone's intelligence and raise their Hope's unnecessarily by suggesting there's the slightest of chances he would walk unilaterally of his own volition without a pay off.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

He has done well at Morecombe, his contract with United expires at the end of the season so we should be able to pick him up for a nominal fee.  If we do sign him I can see him being loaned out again until the end of the season.  

Absolutely pointless then.

• Like 3