BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

don`t mean to be negative but whats the point of buying a winger when we don`t play with any width,is tony going to start playing attacking football??,he`s only picking chapman because everyone else is injured, id`e rather get a new goalkeeper,a left back and another centre back,start with the attacking options next year,we simply have to stop leaking 2/3 goals a game,sorry but i would`nt trust mowbray with monopoly money

Our attack is statistically worse than our defence this season and that is with Dack included.

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Jordan Jones would be a decent acquisition. He was exceptional at Killie last year. Very quick and decent delivery, chips in with goals too.

i don`t doubt he`d be a decent signing for other clubs,if he lands at ewood he`s most likely to end up treating the halfway line like an electrified fence with mowbray telling us he`s not big enough and he has`nt learned our style???probably get a perenial place on the bench with the odd 10 minute cameo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Our attack is statistically worse than our defence this season and that is with Dack included.

not really into stats tbh,i see week after week(apart from 3 games  before christmas)that we are far to easy to play against,teams walk through us,we can`t defend set pieces and have 5/6 players who are in a league above their ability

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JoeH said:

Not a huge fan of the Bialkowski rumour. I don't really see what that fixes. Yes Walton is only on loan, but how many years past next season can Bialkoswki be a Number 1 at a Championship football club.

He's 32 and a gk, so let's say about 2 after next season is done. Three and a half seasons total works for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bennett is not a competent Championship central midfielder. Evans is nothing special but is far more capable there. Bennett is far too rash and is poor on the ball.

I know ?

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

don`t mean to be negative but whats the point of buying a winger when we don`t play with any width,is tony going to start playing attacking football??,he`s only picking chapman because everyone else is injured, id`e rather get a new goalkeeper,a left back and another centre back,start with the attacking options next year,we simply have to stop leaking 2/3 goals a game,sorry but i would`nt trust mowbray with monopoly money

maybe it's the start of a new 4-4-2 formation ?? But agree it's the defence that need attention before wingers 

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He's 32 and a gk, so let's say about 2 after next season is done. Three and a half seasons total works for me.

I don't like having a keeper too old as first choice, they start to not be able to get down to stuff. It becomes difficult. Both Raya and Walton may make awful mistakes, but shot stopping wise, they can't be too harshly judged. Bialkowski is good now, but it won't be long before he channels his inner Paul Robinson at the end of his Rovers career.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Money plus Dom samuel for Ivan Toney- a player I have long made pleas for. Not a rumour btw just wishful thinking 

Ivan Toney would be played as a winger here. Plus hasn't he struggled massively in the Championship before, gone back down to L1 with Posh and clearly found his level? Managed four goals for Wigan in the Championship. The last thing we need is another misfiring striker costing £5m.

This winger sounds positive but it's not one of the positions we need to get sorted. Keeper, a threadbare defence and a decent striker are all much bigger priorities. 

Also shows TM is hopelessly stuck in a rut when scouting for players and the European scout network needn't exist as we only sign players he knows. Its how we've got stuck with so much dross. 

So like the link but as with many TM things am worried (terrified) of the methodology behind it. 

• Like 1

Adam Armstrong - Played with TM at Coventry City
Richie Smallwood - Played with TM at Middlesbrough
Sam Gallagher - Played with TM at Blackburn Rovers
Harry Chapman - Played at Middlesbrough
Jordan Jones (potential signing) - Played with TM at Middlesbrough
Jayson Leutwiler - Played with TM at Middlesbrough
Marvin Emnes (signed on loan under TM) - Played with TM at Middlesbrough.
Stuart Downing - Played at Middlesbrough

Christ even Jacob Butterfield came and trialed for two weeks in the summer and he played with TM in that 2013 Middlesbrough squad!

It's so pathetic how over half of our transfer business is TM scrolling through his contact list of former players and going... "yeah", "maybe", "yeah I'll give him a call'.

So my new picks for Jan/Summer:

Britt Assombalonga
Paddy McNair
Rudy Gestede
Djed Spence
Adam Reach (played with TM at Boro in 13/14)

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

This winger sounds positive but it's not one of the positions we need to get sorted.

It is, Harry Chapman is the only winger at the club and he's pretty poor. We've not had a winger since Conway left, and Downing isn't being played there so definitely doesn't count.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Christ even Jacob Butterfield came and trialed for two weeks in the summer and he played with TM in that 2013 Middlesbrough squad!

It's so pathetic how over half of our transfer business is TM scrolling through his contact list of former players and going... "yeah", "maybe", "yeah I'll give him a call'.

Britt Assombalonga
Paddy McNair
Rudy Gestede
Djed Spence

Coyle signed Emnes, but yeah it's a fair point, not too much imagination in our targets.

I think a lot of managers probably look towards players they have managed before, but Tony seems to take it up a notch!

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Coyle signed Emnes, but yeah it's a fair point, not too much imagination in our targets.

I think a lot of managers probably look towards players they have managed before, but Tony seems to take it up a notch!

Ah yes, true. 

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Britt Assombalonga
Paddy McNair
Rudy Gestede
Djed Spence

I don’t mind him wanting to know the character of the player before signing them. He seems to really want that connection. Which makes it even more odd that he signed off the Brereton transfer with no prior interaction based on a growing reputation and a good game against us...will come back to bite him that one. 

• Like 1