BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He must be the only player in history not to get his way and a move so! Very odd. 

Or maybe there is another reason why he hasn't moved. I have read rumours of a bad attitude. 

He's under contract and Posh don't want to sell. Haven't done for a long time. Didn't let him go last time he tried his hardest because they'd just lost Jack Marriott. 

For me, a player with those returns in League One can clearly cut it in the Championship. Our two best players of this decade both had only played League One football, before playing Championship football for Blackburn Rovers. It's a free transfer for a player worth a lot more than nothing, and would help fill the hole that Bradley Dack and his injury have left.

Just now, JoeH said:

He's under contract and Posh don't want to sell. Haven't done for a long time. Didn't let him go last time he tried his hardest because they'd just lost Jack Marriott. 

For me, a player with those returns in League One can clearly cut it in the Championship. Our two best players of this decade both had only played League One football, before playing Championship football for Blackburn Rovers. It's a free transfer for a player worth a lot more than nothing, and would help fill the hole that Bradley Dack and his injury have left.

Doesn't really add up. Peterborough are a selling club. 

Returns? Less than 10 goals a season and a few assists. It's not bad, but it's hardly setting the world, or even League 1 alight. As I said, I think some are over estimating this lad. 

No harm on a free, provided the rumours of a poor attitude aren't true. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Doesn't really add up. Peterborough are a selling club. 

Returns? Less than 10 goals a season and a few assists. It's not bad, but it's hardly setting the world, or even League 1 alight. As I said, I think some are over estimating this lad. 

No harm on a free, provided the rumours of a poor attitude aren't true. 

He could have a bad attitude for all I care. He's consistently been a top performer in that division, is clearly courted by teams with better players than ours (without Bradley Dack of course) and for me would be an amazing bit of business on a free transfer.

Can't fathom a better value for money deal personally.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He could have a bad attitude for all I care. He's consistently been a top performer in that division, is clearly courted by teams with better players than ours (without Bradley Dack of course) and for me would be an amazing bit of business on a free transfer.

Debatable what you mean by top, top 20 maybe. 

Speculation that he has been courted. My guess would be if WBA were actually in for him, the deal would be done. I can't see how it wouldn't be. 

I know, I can see you're a fan alright.  

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I dont know how much substance there is to the bad attitude rumours, although didnt Dack have a similar image? The question you ask yourself is, do you want a player with a "bad attitude" who consistently contributes with goals and assists or a player like Bennett with a "good attitude" who doesnt contribute anything?

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Debatable what you mean by top, top 20 maybe. 

I can't see how it wouldn't be. 

Top 10, if not 5.

Because West Brom aren't thick. They know he's free in the summer and they'll happily wait til then, or leave it entirely, seen as their promotion is very likely.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont know how much substance there is to the bad attitude rumours, although didnt Dack have a similar image? The question you ask yourself is, do you want a player with a "bad attitude" who consistently contributes with goals and assists or a player like Bennett with a "good attitude" who doesnt contribute anything?

There's nothing in that rumour other than... rumour. He's a player with consistent returns, having the best season of his career in a league which has produced our two best players this decade. More than worth a punt for free.

Just now, JoeH said:

There's nothing in that rumour other than... rumour. He's a player with consistent returns, having the best season of his career in a league which has produced our two best players this decade. More than worth a punt for free.

Yeah I agree. If we hadnt have blown so much money on Brereton and Gallagher I wouldnt have been against hitting his buy out clause which would have reduced the inevitable competition once he is on a free. If he had a bad reputation and hadnt have been still so regular in his goal contributions recently then maybe not but if he does have a bad reputation then its not stopping him from performing.

Just now, JoeH said:

Top 10, if not 5.

Because West Brom aren't thick. They know he's free in the summer and they'll happily wait til then, or leave it entirely, seen as their promotion is very likely.

The goals and assists tables would disagree. Non-existent when we played them and hasn't led P'Boro to anything near promotion. 

So, wait, WBA weren't in for him so?  At 26, with the way you speak of him, it's really, really amazing no one at this level has been in for him...or maybe they are all waiting 3 years for him to be out of contract ;) 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would agree with you there, but from what I gather he's either not as good as some on here make out, or he has a very bad attitude, because it doesn't add up he is still there at 26, in League 1. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The goals and assists tables would disagree. Non-existent when we played them and hasn't led P'Boro to anything near promotion. 

So, wait, WBA weren't in for him so?  At 26, with the way you speak of him, it's really, really amazing no one at this level has been in for him...or maybe they are all waiting 3 years for him to be out of contract ;) 

9 goals and 6 assists in 21 games. In 211 games in the League, 52 goals and 76 assists.

West Brom have loads of players that score and assist. Phillips, Diangana, Pereira, Austin etc. We have/had Dack.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So, wait, WBA weren't in for him so? 

At 26, with the way you speak of him, it's really, really amazing no one at this level has been in for him...or maybe they are all waiting 3 years for him to be out of contract ;) 

You said "in for" not me. I said they were interested, which they are, as many an article suggests. But they have the sense to wait, as he would probably pick them if it came down to a dog fight for his signing in summer.

And many teams have tried, Posh have said no on many occasions.

• Moderation Lead
43 minutes ago, JoeH said:

If he’s a prick but he still scores goals and lays on assists, I don’t care, I’ll be honest.

• Like 1

Funnily enough, the Maddison enigma is not just consigned to our message boards. Just today i was over at Stokes to get a feel of their feelings towards potentially getting Evans (50/50). In their transfer thread they too are going on about Madisson and how good his stats have been in L1 over the past few seasons and want to buy him.

I often see his name on other boards too. It is a strange one that he is still yet to get his move. Guess he will now due to being out of contract. Will be interesting to see how he does. Think we should be over it tbh but i doubt he will be short of takers.

Its the kind of lower league gamble you take considering his numbers. Could do a Dack and double/triple in value after one season.

Edited by JacknOry

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Bradley Dack was 25 when he first came into the Championship. Bringing Maddison in at 26, just a year older, and acting as if they're COMPLETELY different scenarios is very odd to me.

15 goal contribs in 21 games in League One, for free in the summer. He'd be great value for money! It's undeniable.

Him on his own would probably contribute more than Brereton and Gallagher put together and still cost less. They don't want to take those sort of gambles though and i'm not sure it's football related.

When you look at the connections in those two signings it's not hard to fathom Rovers only like doing business with certain people. It's something that's held the club back all the time under this lot they never learn.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

His stats are very good but no club has moved for him in 18 months. I would ask why not?  

It is a bad attitude? Wage demands? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

No club has moved for him in 18 months. I would ask why not?  

That's just simply not true. Middlesbrough, Hull, Derby and others have all moved for him. With MANY others expressing interest.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So why hasnt he moved then? 

Because he's under contract and Posh don't want to sell... not just up to the player. It's flat out factually incorrect that nobody has moved for him.

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Because he's under contract and Posh don't want to sell... not just up to the player. It's flat out factually incorrect that nobody has moved for him.

He had release clause of 2.5 million pounds last summer. Bargain there for someone. 

We got have got him, a striker and centre back for the same cost of Brereton in transfer fee wise only

• Like 1