BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Do ye know what I take from a lot of Mowbrays comments? It's that he is so suspicious and cautious of agents,that he almost rules out deals before being presented with them. It would explain why he goes back to players he knows so often. I'm no fan of agents myself, but that's how the football world goes round. You have to play the game. 

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don’t think January’s a great window to bring players in. They have to get used to the we play.”

I wish Mowbray would piss off with the new players need to bide their time and get used to the way we play. What way is that....fucking shit? 

Hes used that excuse over and over to justify playing his dressing room favourites over better players. 

• Like 7

What the hell is all this get used to the way we play guff again.

If you have a style of play you find players to fit that surely ?   If you change weekly in fact daily quite often then it doesn't really matter there's just no point signing square pegs for square holes. Sick to the back teeth of reading his backside covering jibberish now all designed to keep the idiots who fund us off his back.

I absolutely pray for a new approach come summer.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, benhben said:

I wish Mowbray would piss off with the new players need to bide their time and get used to the way we play. What way is that....fucking shit? 

Hes used that excuse over and over to justify playing his dressing room favourites over better players. 

I think it's even more of an 'oven ready' excuse for this window as I suspect our transfer kitty is empty.

After 31 Jan., I think we will hear again the likes of  'we did have resources' for the right player(s)' !

Sadly, I think a good many Rovers' fans take in what, IMO, is just bullsh1t.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

What the hell is all this get used to the way we play guff again.

If you have a style of play you find players to fit that surely ?   If you change weekly in fact daily quite often then it doesn't really matter there's just no point signing square pegs for square holes. Sick to the back teeth of reading his backside covering jibberish now all designed to keep the idiots who fund us off his back.

I absolutely pray for a new approach come summer.  I would prefer a new approach NOW - I think Waggott, Mowbray and cronies all need binning.  As a club, I think we are standing still at best and at worse, regressing.  Whoever is managing Rovers come summer faces one helluva task in reshaping a squad made up of too many loans, ageing players past their best and players whose contracts are almost up.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Absolutely.

After 3 years at the club, he can have no excuses.

Other than Dack, I think Mowbay's player trading has generally been appalling.

I wouldn't go that far. I mean it is hard to defend it overall when you look at the Brereton and Gallagher deals(Brereton in particular) , but allow me to do so. I think he has improved the squad and signed some exciting players in Holtby, Chapman and Rothwell. Along with some clever businessl ike Downing. Then there are signings that looked good on paper, like Johnson and Davenport, could perhaps add Holtby and Chapman in here. Tosin and Cunningham cute enough business too. The problem is how he utilities the squad. He doesn't make life easy for himself , or for us! Too many square pegs, chopping and changing too much (during games, not just between them) , dropping or not starting players who are in a bit of form, but then persevering with others that he favours to the point of it being illogical. I will stand by my opinion that I think he has improved the squad considerably. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

19 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I was there. Freezing cold. Remember what happened a couple of minutes later. Plus ca change ...

It reminds me a bit of the Mulgrew goal over-celebration at Leeds.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Amo said:

A classic Mowbray gem.

Anyone have any clue as to how we play?

If you’re a striker, forget about that. Those days are gone.

How do you feel about playing on the wing?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray press conference

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/rovers-press-conference-mowbray-live-17533944.amp?__twitter_impression=true

“We’re having conversations to bring people in. They’re early negotiations - some are very expensive early on.”

“We have to play the waiting game. I don’t think January’s a great window to bring players in. They have to get used to the we play.”

Hmm no one told that to Souness when he signed Cole, or Hughes when he signed Nelson, Savage and Mokoena. Its a lie he peddles to keep his team happy. None of the top managers think like this. 

It's groundhog day. Bowyer and Mowbray.

Two managers with nice guy personas, company men.  

Have a knack of pulling a result out of the bag when pressure's mounting.

Put together a winning run only to deflate all expectations.

Top six nosebleeds.

Shoehorn their pets into the side (Lowe, Bennett)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

Hmm no one told that to Souness when he signed Cole, or Hughes when he signed Nelson, Savage and Mokoena. Its a lie he peddles to keep his team happy. None of the top managers think like this. 

But Mowbray does put Players in the team straight away. Cunningham, Holtby, Armstrong, Tosin all went inside the team

56 minutes ago, Husky said:

It reminds me a bit of the Mulgrew goal over-celebration at Leeds.

Hubris then punishment!

My kids still laugh at me for over- celebrating Friedel's equaliser at Chartlton .

I'm not sure how to say this, but this bloke grabbed me and we danced all the way down the aisle with a few others. It was only after we gathered ourselves together that I realised he had some form of learning difficulty and that he had a carer, who seemed a bit..well worried!

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Mowbray does put Players in the team straight away. Cunningham, Holtby, Armstrong, Tosin all went inside the team

Not sure Holtby did and there rest were all summer acquisitions. 

Say you are correct though, why the heck did he say it. Either he's lying and of poor moral character or tactically inept. Either way it is not an encouraging sign. P

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Would be all over madine on a free. Know we’re not short of attackers but all our out and out strikers are pretty awful (not including Armstrong) or too old.

We are ‘evolving our play’ so he wouldn’t fit in to this brave new world.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't go that far. I mean it is hard to defend it overall when you look at the Brereton and Gallagher deals(Brereton in particular) , but allow me to do so. I think he has improved the squad and signed some exciting players in Holtby, Chapman and Rothwell. Along with some clever businessl ike Downing. Then there are signings that looked good on paper, like Johnson and Davenport, could perhaps add Holtby and Chapman in here. Tosin and Cunningham cute enough business too. The problem is how he utilities the squad. He doesn't make life easy for himself , or for us! Too many square pegs, chopping and changing too much (during games, not just between them) , dropping or not starting players who are in a bit of form, but then persevering with others that he favours to the point of it being illogical. I will stand by my opinion that I think he has improved the squad considerably. 

None of them "exciting" players have done anything for us in fairness. Chapman hasnt started a game, Rothwell flatters to deceive and Holtby is the best of the 3 but there are still question marks about him. Johnson  and Davenport have not met expectactions so cannot be used to defend his record either.

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

MGP gave us very good service.

However, I think his days as a force are over - possibly at any level.

Two 'memories' for me, his winner against Burnley at the Darwen End in an FA Cup replay and, sadly, his missed header in the FA Cup Semi against Chelsea at Old Trafford (normally, he would have buried it). 

He wasn't a good header of the ball, that's why he missed the target in that game. The only headed goal I remember him scoring was in a goal mouth scramble were he nearly went down on his hands and knees to head in a loose ball.  If you can show me any other headed goals I'd be interested to see them.  He had a great spring in his legs and he frequently got his head to long balls out from the back but where the ball went after that was another story.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

That’s not true for Tosin and Holtby. Squad, not team.

Tosin started the second game at Fulham. 

Holtby came off the bench 4 times after he signed here. But he was straight into squad. 

Cunningham started the 3rd game of season  after signing 2 days before Fulham game.

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tosin started the second game at Fulham. 

Holtby came off the bench 4 times after he signed here. But he was straight into squad. 

Cunningham started the 3rd game of season  after signing 2 days before Fulham game.

So not exactly straight into the team as you said.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, this only gives evidence to the lie. If it was really the case that new players have to get up to speed with our system etc and this takes time, he wouldn't throw some players straight into the team. It tells me it is face-saving bollocks, for when he doesn't want to play someone for one of various other reasons (like one of his besties playing there, or because he has over-stocked the position, or was only buying the player as a squad filler, etc).

• Like 4