BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

20 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Evans has played well in pretty much every game. BB played pretty well against Bristol City. But is low in confidence, which isn't helped by the young lad being ripped to pieces by fans.

In his years at Blackburn Rovers, you can count the good halves of games for Evans on one hand.

Ben Brereton has not been ripped to pieces by fans which is remarkable as he hasn't yet demonstrated he can either trap a bag of cement or walk with a ball at his feet.

I'm not a knocker of players at all but merely stating an opinion based on what I have seen.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Well that's a third of the window now gone and zilch to report.

Said before the window opened, I didn't think we had a transfer pot to p1ss in.

IMO, dark days at Ewood and perhaps worse to come.

Little bit early to make those assumptions based on no activity yet. I can't think of too many players in recent times we signed within 10 days of January starting.

I do however agree it seems our pissing pot is small at best.

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Little bit early to make those assumptions based on no activity yet. I can't think of too many players in recent times we signed within 10 days of January starting.

I do however agree it seems our pissing pot is small at best.

I listen to Mowbray's rhetoric and i think it's just bullsh1t.

Sadly, I think many of our fans will buy it.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

venkys are most likely taking more interest than appears,having given the go ahead to spend they`ve seen mowbray splash  12 million quid on someone who can`t even trap a football and a striker who is never ever going  to get you 15/20 goals a season,would you give him anymore cash!!!!!!

Certainly not.

And after those, IMO, two disastous signings, I think he should have been thrown out of Ewood without his feet touching the ground with Waggott close behind him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

His rhetoric is pretty much that we don't have a pot to piss in.

Don't entirely agree.

I think he talks about things happening eg 'having conversations' , 'changing things around'.

Some fans will 'buy it', I don't.

46 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

In his years at Blackburn Rovers, you can count the good halves of games for Evans on one hand.

Ben Brereton has not been ripped to pieces by fans which is remarkable as he hasn't yet demonstrated he can either trap a bag of cement or walk with a ball at his feet.

I'm not a knocker of players at all but merely stating an opinion based on what I have seen.

You say BB hasn't been ripped to pieces by fans, then continue to rip him to pieces. He played well against Bristol City. Strikers need confidence and they don't find that on the wing, or by being told they are crap. 

The first 5 names on my team would be Lenihan, Travis, Nyambe, Tosin and Evans. 

3 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

You say BB hasn't been ripped to pieces by fans, then continue to rip him to pieces. He played well against Bristol City. Strikers need confidence and they don't find that on the wing, or by being told they are crap. 

The first 5 names on my team would be Lenihan, Travis, Nyambe, Tosin and Evans. 

Being told they are crap ie someone correctly pointing out a players poor performances on an internet messageboard? The fans want him to succeed as you can see by the reaction v Bolton but hes miles away. I think players need to have the mental strength to deal with moans and groans occasionally but on a messageboard its free reign and lets not beat around thr bush, he looks shocking and out of place every time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

You're quite correct, strikers do need confidence: that's the coup de grace for finishers. Before that though any footballer needs to possess the basics. He did not play well against Bristol City, he may have been less bad because he once controlled a ball but that's it. I'd love Ben Brereton to come good but cannot see it. It piss's me off no end however to have to fend comments from the likes of yourself who clearly don't expect much for a £7million investment from a club that are now skint as a consequence. It stinks, sorry!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You're quite correct, strikers do need confidence: that's the coup de grace for finishers. Before that though any footballer needs to possess the basics. He did not play well against Bristol City, he may have been less bad because he once controlled a ball but that's it. I'd love Ben Brereton to come good but cannot see it. It piss's me off no end however to have to fend comments from the likes of yourself who clearly don't expect much for a £7million investment from a club that are now skint as a consequence. It stinks, sorry!

Well, I disagree entirely. BB played well against BC, as they all did. An exquisite lay off in particular should've lead to a second goal for Johnson. 

BB didn't pay the money, and I haven't given up on him yet. Anyhow, hopefully we get Jones and stop playing strikers on the Wing.

3 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Well, I disagree entirely. BB played well against BC, as they all did. An exquisite lay off in particular should've lead to a second goal for Johnson. 

BB didn't pay the money, and I haven't given up on him yet. Anyhow, hopefully we get Jones and stop playing strikers on the Wing.

Pal, play any player in any position and they should still manage the basics!

8 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

But is low in confidence, which isn't helped by the young lad being ripped to pieces by fans.

Nonsense that needs to stop being spread about. 

BB’s been supported to the hilt, which shows the inherent fairness of Rovers fans who realise it’s a young lad, patience he wouldn’t have got elsewhere. A few dickheads at games and social media trolls do not represent a fanbase.

But he’s been very, very poor and folk are free to say so on brfcs.

• Like 7

Tony's latest comments have me in almost disbelief. He won't sign a striker unless they have a special type of Mowbray human character. He won't sign wingers because their characters are generally "flighty mavericks". That's before we even get to the price and wages ruling us out.

I don't think this personal vanity project is ever going to work.

Just sign some good players and win football matches.

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Nonsense that needs to stop being spread about. 

BB’s been supported to the hilt, which shows the inherent fairness of Rovers fans who realise it’s a young lad, patience he wouldn’t have got elsewhere. A few dickheads at games and social media trolls do not represent a fanbase.

But he’s been very, very poor and folk are free to say so on brfcs.

I don't really get how the fans have 'supported' him, I can't recall a load of Brereton chantsgoing about. Granted I don't think they've been particularly vocal showing their displeasure though. Well they have, but its individuals rather than the whole crowd turning on him.

Just now, Ossydave said:

I don't really get how the fans have 'supported' him, I can't recall a load of Brereton chantsgoing about. Granted I don't think they've been particularly vocal showing their displeasure though. Well they have, but its individuals rather than the whole crowd turning on him.

Come on Dave, he ain’t going to get a ‘walking in a Ben Brereton wonderland’ when he’s been so poor for 18 months. We don’t have chants for half the players anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Tony's latest comments have me in almost disbelief. He won't sign a striker unless they have a special type of Mowbray human character. He won't sign wingers because their characters are generally "flighty mavericks". That's before we even get to the price and wages ruling us out.

I don't think this personal vanity project is ever going to work.

Just sign some good players and win football matches.

He does talk a load of old guff doesn't he ?

The only thing I will say in his defence is none of us really have a true insight into the circus he has to deal with behind the scenes. It certainly can't make transfer dealings easy. Rather than coming out and saying that he's working with imbeciles though he spouts a load of old bollocks in the press.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Come on Dave, he ain’t going to get a ‘walking in a Ben Brereton wonderland’ when he’s been so poor for 18 months. We don’t have chants for half the players anyway.

I know mate but I don't think fans are going out their way to support him. Accept him maybe (reluctantly for most!) but that's about your lot.

I get it too and not suggesting his name should be ringing round Ewood. 

He just needs a goal first and foremost it's as simple as that but patience is understandably wearing thin.

15 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Mystery solved - Tony doesn't buy wingers because they are "flighty individuals". 

What the shuddering f8ck does that mean? Is he serious? Genuinely is this a new version of The Office? 

It's getting silly.  All this character stuff...didnt seem to apply to Brereton who looks the most weak hearted 'flighty' chap in the squad.

• Like 2