BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Correct, I'd like to see a few of the Andy Todd, David Speedie, Paul Dickov types. That's my idea of character. Possibly not the easiest to manage though.

One of the differences between a good and an average/poor manager is the ability to handle multiple different personalities. Mowbray seems to be unable to tolerate players who ask questions and demand more, so rather than work on that area of his management skillset he restricts himself to only bringing in players who he knows will get their head down, do as they are told and never make waves. No "mavericks". 

I suppose you could argue Dack comes into the maverick bracket, and ironically he is far and away our best player!

Good job Mowbray wasn't George Best's manager, we'd never have heard of him. He'd have turned Damien Duff's output into something resembling Bennett's as well.

20 hours ago, only2garners said:

Rothwell's first instinct is always to run with the ball and try to beat players - that's why a lot of people have got excited about him. But there is just not enough end product. At Huddersfield he was out of the game until about 5 minutes from half time when he twice picked the ball up and beat a player or two before giving the ball away. He might as well be more like Smallwood and give it away quicker to speed the game up.

He doesn't yet seem to have the nous to pick and choose when to run, when to pick out a killer pass and when to just move the ball. Sat in the middle of the park he just gives the ball away too much.

Yeah, it would be much better if nobody did that. :wacko: The very nerve of a player trying to bring some excitement to a game.

”He might as well be more like Smallwood” - you’ve spent too much time around Mowbray.

We have so many bigger problems than an attack minded player trying to pick holes in a defence. Something you make it sound like he never succeeds at.

Lets get the goalkeeper and defensive positions sorted first and give players like Rothwell a platform to build from.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I suppose you could argue Dack comes into the maverick bracket, and ironically he is far and away our best player!

Good job Mowbray wasn't George Best's manager, we'd never have heard of him. He'd have turned Damien Duff's output into something resembling Bennett's as well.

How many wingers have we had over the years that were " mavericks " ? Especially back in the days when individuality wasn't being coached out of players  I go back beyond Mike Ferguson and he was certainly a maverick. Even at the level we are at now Eamon Rogers, David Wagstaffe, , Stuart Metcalfe, Noel Brotherston, Scott Sellars were all mavericks. They blew hot and cold and but when the blew hot they were match winners.

• Like 2

I’ve completely lost faith with TM over transfers, our last 3 windows have been shocking and I can’t say there has been much improvement in the squad, in some areas we have gone backwards. He needs to go if we are to move forward. His refusals to signs out and out wingers is beyond ridiculous, instead signing expensive useless players to play as ‘wide forwards’. 

• Like 3

I think our manager is clueless in player trading.

Sick and tired of reading and listening to what I think is nonsense and bullsh1t from Mowbray.

Think it's evident we haven't a transfer pot to p1ss in and even if we did, Mowbray is the last manager I would want to spend it.

Come on Waggott and the Raos, I think our fans deserve much better than what Mowbray can offer. 

3 hours ago, TruRover said:

I’ve completely lost faith with TM over transfers, our last 3 windows have been shocking and I can’t say there has been much improvement in the squad, in some areas we have gone backwards. He needs to go if we are to move forward. His refusals to signs out and out wingers is beyond ridiculous, instead signing expensive useless players to play as ‘wide forwards’. 

Sadly he has destroyed 2 £5 million + strikers confidence, and driving out a top young keeper isn't clever. Our defence has long been a problem. Lenihan was the only one that could head the ball, but Raya got more than his share of blame for goals.

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think our manager is clueless in player trading.

Sick and tired of reading and listening to what I think is nonsense and bullsh1t from Mowbray.

Think it's evident we haven't a transfer pot to p1ss in and even if we did, Mowbray is the last manager I would want to spend it.

Come on Waggott and the Raos, I think our fans deserve much better than what Mowbray can offer. 

Yet we’ll beat Sheff Weds next Saturday, yeah?

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Loves talking about Brentofrd does Mowbray

“Brentford jumps to mind, they’re third in the league with lots of talented foreign imports, bought relatively cheaply, but if you look for what they sell for, buying and selling is their model, buy for £1m and sell for £20m."

That's presumably why they thought Raya was a snip at £3m.  Buy low and sell high is a good business model but you have to spot the talent first. Apart from getting lucky with Dack, where is the evidence Mowbray can add value with the players he has bought?

12 months ago we were supposed to be following Sheffield United. Now Brentford. Even though both have very different structures and recruitment policies. We aren't close to either.

11 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Give it a bloody rest. We are very lucky to have him. Hopefully he will be back soon; we certainly have missed him. He and Nyambe being injured is a terrible day.

Lucky? At best his medicore championship midfielder. More often he is an injury prone midfielder who hides and only plays well when there's internationals coming up or his contract needs renewing. He's had a decent season, probay his best under us despite that not being a particularly high bar, but lucky to have him is a massive overhyping of his abilities. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Lucky? At best his medicore championship midfielder. More often he is an injury prone midfielder who hides and only plays well when there's internationals coming up or his contract needs renewing. He's had a decent season, probay his best under us despite that not being a particularly high bar, but lucky to have him is a massive overhyping of his abilities. 

He has been a key part of a team promoted to the Premier League, and helped bring his small international team to Euro 2016 finals. Where as we have farted about signing 'better players' that always end up being worse. Again we missed him when he went off.

Don't listen to the tosspots, and best wishes on your recovery Corry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Plan B of sell Evans to Stoke might now be in doubt?

Says who. Mowbray already he not leaving 

48 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Give it a bloody rest. We are very lucky to have him. Hopefully he will be back soon; we certainly have missed him. He and Nyambe being injured is a terrible day.

Very good player at this level. Him and Travis is our best centre midfield combo. 

59 caps for Northern Lreland..

Don't know why he is unlike by some fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

12 months ago we were supposed to be following Sheffield United. Now Brentford. Even though both have very different structures and recruitment policies. We aren't close to either.

Think you are mixing up Sheff Utd with Norwich who also recruited smartly from Europe, although they got found out in PL. Sheff Utd on the other hand basicly still has the core of the team that was promoted from League One. Their team is far better than the sum of individuals.

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

Think you are mixing up Sheff Utd with Norwich who also recruited smartly from Europe, although they got found out in PL. Sheff Utd on the other hand basicly still has the core of the team that was promoted from League One. Their team is far better than the sum of individuals.

Yes but 12 months ago I recall Mowbray suggesting that we should be looking to emulate Sheffield, now he's on about Brentford even though the two are very different 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good player at this level. Him and Travis is our best centre midfield combo. 

Where/when did he say that?

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You mean fans like you when you wanted him out of the side earlier in the season?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Yes but 12 months ago I recall Mowbray suggesting that we should be looking to emulate Sheffield, now he's on about Brentford even though the two are very different 

That was more on how they play, not their recruitment which is a bit hit and miss.