BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Says who. Mowbray already he not leaving 

Very good player at this level. Him and Travis is our best centre midfield combo. 

59 caps for Northern Lreland..

Don't know why he is unlike by some fans. 

Come on chadster - he's only been good in about 20% of his games, spent loads of time injured, and when he's out we barely miss him.

Not a bad player but not a particularly good one either.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

He has been a key part of a team promoted to the Premier League, and helped bring his small international team to Euro 2016 finals. Where as we have farted about signing 'better players' that always end up being worse. Again we missed him when he went off.

Don't listen to the tosspots, and best wishes on your recovery Corry.

Woah tosspots for disagreeing with your post and not rating "Corey"? Seems someone is getting a little overly worked up about this. Seriously - get a grip!!

His achievements for Rovers however are more limited and include lots of injuries and imo in a fair number of the games I've seen him play he goes missing and rarely dominates. Better this season but still. 

Wouldn't disagree with you that we haven't recruited better. Johnson is no better and we really should have brought better than Evans. Smallwood was better suited in league 1 to the scrap but in a more sophisticated league is out of his depth so yeah we should have brought better. However that doesn't make Evans a good player - just TM not great at signing players. 

Shame we can't disagree without resorting to insults. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Come on chadster - he's only been good in about 20% of his games, spent loads of time injured, and when he's out we barely miss him.

Not a bad player but not a particularly good one either.

not particulary good one with 59 international caps and loads of Championship games 

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Maybe you could ask yourself why he is unliked by fans, you posted this in the summer mate saying you’d have got rid of him ??

1877F358-1DF1-49BA-B4D4-8679808ADF9F.png

Evans had shown his worth this season with his performances.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Evans had shown his worth this season with his performances.  

So, he wasn’t good at this level or had any of those international caps before this season?

Just admit you blow like the wind.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Released by Kansas City but at 27, Yohan Croizet is a handy replacement for Dack and creativi

Oozes quality on the ball and has a bit of vision which we are lacking big time at the moment.

ty.

...why has he been let go by an MLS team?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

12 months ago we were supposed to be following Sheffield United. Now Brentford. Even though both have very different structures and recruitment policies. We aren't close to either.

He'd likened us to Millwall etc when we came up then in the last round of criticism he decided he was going to model us on Sheff Utd. When that wasn't working he switched to Preston and now it's Brentford.

Buy low, play, sell high, certainly the moneyball will appeal to Venkys and more so their 'advisors' but it's been tried before here inbetween making it pointless by wasting tens of millions.

Now for the love of god we have Mowbray saying it after selling our young keeper to them and spending 12 million on 2 underwhelming players !!!!

The guy has either lost it of he's taking the piss it really is reaching that point now i'm beginning to suspect he also is just another stooge for whatever is going on.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Amo said:

So, he wasn’t good at this level or had any of those international caps before this season?

Just admit you blow like the wind.

Yep. Those 769 minutes on the pitch this season have tipped the balance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DE. said:

You saved me a post, so thanks! This always happens though. Evans has a few decent games and his average at best history here is rewritten like he's been done kind of maestro who we've been lucky to have all these years.

There's a reason he's the only one of Bowyer's babes left here. Purple patches of form interspersed with multiple injuries and many, many games of nothingness obviously wasn't enough to ever catch anybody else's interest. 

Being one of our better players this season is frankly a low bar. Evans is far from our biggest problem but symbolic of our mediocrity and how that had been embraced and celebrated by many of our supporters. 

Your welcome and I feel the same. Its a sad indictment that we haven't brought anyone better for the midfield slot in 6 windows then Evans. Thank goodness Evans has made the breakthrough. 

• Like 1

Our midfield often escapes criticism. 

Goalkeeper drops a clanger he gets slated.

Strikers miss chances they get slated.

We have a plethora midfielders, yet let's be honest, they are creating far too little in the way of chances.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see that kid Matheson scored a really good goal today for Rochdale. He's playing right back at the moment but I can see him moving into midfield when he's a bit bigger. Newcastle are the latest team to get interested in him apparently.

Looks a proper player that lad

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Our midfield often escapes criticism. 

Goalkeeper drops a clanger he gets slated.

Strikers miss chances they get slated.

We have a plethora midfielders, yet let's be honest, they are creating far too little in the way of chances.

How many genuinely creative midfielders do we have? Downing and Rothwell? One has 4 assists and the other has none. Holtby has a couple of assists but struggles with his fitness. Our full backs/wing backs are no good at crossing and we often play strikers on the wings so can't expect too much there either. Haven't seen any evidence of Gallagher being creative and Armstrong is better as a goalscorer than a creator. Not sure we have anybody particularly good on dead balls to rack up the assists either. Even Mulgrew had no assists last season despite scoring ten goals mostly from dead-ball situations.

In fairness to our players, though, I don't think the way we play is very conductive to creating good chances. It's so sludgy and slow. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Looks a proper player that lad

I think so too, I like his style. It's the little things he does. He sees things really quickly. I saw him go after a ball out by the wing in his own half. He wasn't under any pressure but he was off like a rocket to claim the ball, that gave him time to look up and find a player to pass to. Our lot amble after balls like that and then they find they're under the cosh and have to clear the ball anywhere.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many wingers have we had over the years that were " mavericks " ? Especially back in the days when individuality wasn't being coached out of players  I go back beyond Mike Ferguson and he was certainly a maverick. Even at the level we are at now Eamon Rogers, David Wagstaffe, , Stuart Metcalfe, Noel Brotherston, Scott Sellars were all mavericks. They blew hot and cold and but when the blew hot they were match winners.

Even Duggie----beat players for fun! Seen him beat the same defender twice on many occasions (sigh!)

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

He has been a key part of a team promoted to the Premier League, and helped bring his small international team to Euro 2016 finals. Where as we have farted about signing 'better players' that always end up being worse. Again we missed him when he went off.

Don't listen to the tosspots, and best wishes on your recovery Corry.

I don’t think he reads this board to be honest, maybe write a letter to the club?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 5