BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Good luck to Samuel if he goes,. Wouldn't say he's any worse than Gallagher but if we're not going to use him we need him off the wage bill and briefly he looked a real player at L1 level so it would be a good chance for him to resurrect his career.

Bet Gillingham aren't planning to use him on the right wing.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good luck to Samuel if he goes,. Wouldn't say he's any worse than Gallagher but if we're not going to use him we need him off the wage bill and briefly he looked a real player at L1 level so it would be a good chance for him to resurrect his career.

Bet Gillingham aren't planning to use him on the right wing.

Personally think he's better than Gallagher!! 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Wish him all the best, at this point he’s probably a better striker than Brereton or Gallagher but the easiest to justify getting rid of

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think so too, I like his style. It's the little things he does. He sees things really quickly. I saw him go after a ball out by the wing in his own half. He wasn't under any pressure but he was off like a rocket to claim the ball, that gave him time to look up and find a player to pass to. Our lot amble after balls like that and then they find they're under the cosh and have to clear the ball anywhere.

Don’t know him but he sounds like trippier, who was the last champ rb I thought was head and shoulders above the league 

1 minute ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I'd be making a cheeky bid for this lad and offer Brereton on an 18month loan as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sam-cosgrove/profil/spieler/351691

What are his strengths and weaknesses? 

Rather sign Jones from Rangers and play Armstrong up front

Edited by chaddyrovers

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What are his strengths and weaknesses? 

Rather sign Jones from Rangers and play Armstrong up front

6ft 3 strong. Good on the ground and in the air. Would be ideal to play up top with Arma. Jones and Chapman supplying the crosses.

This bloke is available on a free. Just the type of experienced, no nonesense defender we need. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ragnar-sigurdsson/profil/spieler/46478

Edited by Wegerleswiggle

3 hours ago, unsall said:

Would you be happy with Martin Olsen coming back, short term contract?

I was thinking today when I saw he is coming back to England from the Swedish national team training camp to talk with a Championship club, that I hope it's us. If he has been out of contract for half a season yet is still in the Swedish side, surely he can still cut it on an 18 month deal. A lot more than Bell-end anyway.

Though of course, Mowbray would say he needs a few months to get his fitness back, then needs to 'learn how we play'.

Edited by bluebruce

45 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

6ft 3 strong. Good on the ground and in the air. Would be ideal to play up top with Arma. Jones and Chapman supplying the crosses.

How much would he cost? Middlesbrough and Stoke have scouted from reports. Don't see it happening due to cost

I would give Graham another 12 months contract on reduced terms. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, Amo said:

So, he wasn’t good at this level or had any of those international caps before this season?

Just admit you blow like the wind.

He isn't talking a load of hot air.

Even today we were doing well with Evans and Travis; winning again.

Evans also helped make Smallwood look good in league one. He does all the water carrying. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

This bloke is available on a free. Just the type of experienced, no nonesense defender we need. 

But has he played for Boro or Coventry?

6 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

2 hours ago, andyroversmad said:

But has he played for Boro or Coventry?

And can he play on the right wing?

Normally I would put them smiley things after a comment like that but that's probably where he will end up.

8 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

He isn't talking a load of hot air.

Even today we were doing well with Evans and Travis; winning again.

Evans also helped make Smallwood look good in league one. He does all the water carrying. 

I never said he's “talking a lot of hot air”, I said he blows like the wind, meaning his opinions are notoriously fickle, not to mention hypocritical. 

And yes yes yes, we all know you’re a fully paid up member of the Cory Evans fanclub. We're not the ones in charge of his next contract. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Although he doesn't score many and is probably not Championship material, Samuel can play a bit and is certainly better than Gallagher outside the box and better value for money. 

No point comparing Samuel to Brereton and Gallagher. He's not Championship standard and you don't want him on the right wing. No point clinging on, better to roll the dice and bring someone else in. Mowbray might strike lucky on a small budget like Dack. Either way it won't be a huge financial drain like Brereton and Gallagher.

Could also consider bringing in a right winger instead so we don't have to play strikers on the wing.

• Like 2