BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Wouldn’t mind getting BB on loan to them. Bring in Jonathas ex real sociedad! I remember his lad a couple of years ago ripping la liga up. Now on a free.

Get him to brockhall on trial. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathas_de_Jesus

getting on a bit,he`ll be drawing his pension by the time mowbray has got him to play the rovers way!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

I see it is being reported that Pardew wants Brereton, in Holland, on loan for the remainder of the season.  However it is also being reported that Rovers are not keen due to lack of striking options.

In my view this is too good an opportunity to turn away as it would be right for Brereton as it could get the lad back on track and right for Rovers as he could come back a player as Pardew may actually play him in the right position not wasted on the wing.

Totally agree. Can almost guarantee we won't agree to it though, citing an imaginary lack of options in those areas. He will then fester on the bench again for the rest of the season, with the occasional useless cameo on the wing.

Brereton out on loan over there is the perfect face saver. Get the lad a few games and change of scenery and if he does well hopefully a couple of million quid fee.

Cannot believe anyone in the club would baulk at it on the grounds of being short of striking options. He offers nothing but a body in that dept right now and only usually gets punted wide anyway. Get him out and get someone else in for a bit, that is the whole difference between stagnating and trying to move forwards however small steps it takes.

If there's anything in it i hope he begs them to go.

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are perhaps re-writing history somewhat on Holtby's signing, on here we had people stalking his social media, speculating about ferries he was getting on and road signs he was going past, people searching for pictures and locations that his agent had posted, commenting on a random member of staff following him on social media, it was pretty incredible and on the border of requiring a restraining order for one or two!

Sinclair should be a brilliant addition sadly and one I would have loved to see here. His numbers of goals and assist at Celtic from the left wing were incredibly impressive and made him a fans favourite up here. Holtby has the added mystique of coming from abroad but whilst his CV has reason for optimism he had just been let go by a second division German division side and hadnt been snapped up by mid to late September.

Its a little remiss to suggest that Bauer wouldnt have been a good signing either. Preston have conceded a couple less goals but ultimately, with different styles, I dont think there is much in Bauer v Adarabioyo but the former would have been a permanent addition and we wouldnt have faced the same issue again this summer.

I’m not rewriting anything. Their fans sang for Neil to ‘get him on’ for 15 mins before he came on. His reception was unbelievable! He must’ve felt like Messi bless him. I’d have taken Sinclair,  absolutely but I reckon a few on here would’ve been caning Mowbray had he given a 30yr old winger a 2.5yr contract. Rightly so, it’s madness imo. Fair play to Sinclair though. Must’ve been blown away with that offer.

Make no mistake, our fans didn’t react like that to Holtby. Who based on his career is a far better signing. Maybe we just have higher expectations. Nothing wrong with that.

In terms of Bauer, I’ve now seen him live twice and on the TV another half a dozen times. He’s a stump. Based on what I’ve seen he isn’t fit to lace Tosins boots.

• Like 1

Rumours in Scotland that Martin Boyle at Hibs is interesting a couple of Championship teams. If we were up looking at Jordan Jones, could be us.

Boyle is absolutely rapid and his ideal position is wide right in a 4-2-3-1. Aussie international. Chips in with goals. Absolutely blistering pace.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Brereton out on loan over there is the perfect face saver. Get the lad a few games and change of scenery and if he does well hopefully a couple of million quid fee.

Cannot believe anyone in the club would baulk at it on the grounds of being short of striking options. He offers nothing but a body in that dept right now and only usually gets punted wide anyway. Get him out and get someone else in for a bit, that is the whole difference between stagnating and trying to move forwards however small steps it takes.

There’s no one pushing back on a loan move for Brereton. I reckon he’ll go.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It’s exactly what he and the club need. Play somewhere new and get his confidence up!

• Like 4

Den Haag would literally be a perfect loan move for Ben. Get his head down out the spotlight, hopefully get played as an actual striker. Also if anyone follows Dutch football the defences on the whole are absolutely garbage apart from the top teams so he will bag a few.

• Like 2

Loaning Brereton to Holland is a lifeline, we need to snap their hand off whilst an offer is there.

Possibly the only chance we’ll get of recouping any money in the future. and/or getting any sort of player with confidence and developed ability.

Serious questions for Mowbray to answer though, 7m unproven striker out on loan due to not being able to cut it, at a time where 7m should’ve been improving our starting 11 considerably.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not rewriting anything. Their fans sang for Neil to ‘get him on’ for 15 mins before he came on. His reception was unbelievable! He must’ve felt like Messi bless him. I’d have taken Sinclair,  absolutely but I reckon a few on here would’ve been caning Mowbray had he given a 30yr old winger a 2.5yr contract. Rightly so, it’s madness imo. Fair play to Sinclair though. Must’ve been blown away with that offer.

Make no mistake, our fans didn’t react like that to Holtby. Who based on his career is a far better signing. Maybe we just have higher expectations. Nothing wrong with that.

In terms of Bauer, I’ve now seen him live twice and on the TV another half a dozen times. He’s a stump. Based on what I’ve seen he isn’t fit to lace Tosins boots.

Because the game was incredibly cagey and hard to watch, and they had a player sat in waiting who is proven to score goals. Our fans regularly sing for Danny Graham and Joe Rothwell when they are subs.

I am not sure Holtby is a far better signing based on his career. He has struggled to match the expectations people had of him when he emerged at Schalke, struggled to impose himself at Spurs and then Fulham, and has since been at Hamburg, getting relegated in the process before being released. Undoubtedly there is talent and reason to be excited when he signed, and behind Downing he has probably the best CV at the club, but Sinclair scored 40 goals in 105 games up at Celtic, a very healthy goal return from a wide position, tangibly producing on a consistent basis.

As I said, our fans were stalking Holtby and his agent's social media accounts on an hourly basis, pestering every journalist that would listen and trying to piece together what ferry he was on, what motorway he was on, what flight he was on, how he would be announced by the club, its a different kind of excitement but it was bloody intense nonetheless!

If they have lower expectations than us then sadly they are going to be even more satisfied as they are ahead of us on the pitch even though we have spent miles more money. If we had not pissed £12m up the wall maybe that would have been different.

At the start of next season, we are only going to have Lenihan and Williams again. Bauer has been part of a slightly better defence, I have seen him a similar amount of times to you and hes not the most articulate of players but he knows how to defend. It is difficult to compare who is better IMO, him or Tosin, chalk and cheese but Bauer has impressed there and conceded less than we have.

To be honest, I am unconvinced that we even need to replace him before we let him go, he has offered nothing at all and I am incredibly skeptical that he will do anything in the Dutch League. It seems quite naive to expect him to go there and become a different player scoring goals but we can only hope.

Its quite embarrassing that 18 months in, we are having to shift him temporarily out of the back door and I would welcome any offer to get rid for good.

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be honest, I am unconvinced that we even need to replace him before we let him go

We don't. He offers nothing as it stands. We could call up one of our u23's and they'd probably be more effective.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because the game was incredibly cagey and hard to watch, and they had a player sat in waiting who is proven to score goals. Our fans regularly sing for Danny Graham and Joe Rothwell when they are subs.

I am not sure Holtby is a far better signing based on his career. He has struggled to match the expectations people had of him when he emerged at Schalke, struggled to impose himself at Spurs and then Fulham, and has since been at Hamburg, getting relegated in the process before being released. Undoubtedly there is talent and reason to be excited when he signed, and behind Downing he has probably the best CV at the club, but Sinclair scored 40 goals in 105 games up at Celtic, a very healthy goal return from a wide position, tangibly producing on a consistent basis.

As I said, our fans were stalking Holtby and his agent's social media accounts on an hourly basis, pestering every journalist that would listen and trying to piece together what ferry he was on, what motorway he was on, what flight he was on, how he would be announced by the club, its a different kind of excitement but it was bloody intense nonetheless!

If they have lower expectations than us then sadly they are going to be even more satisfied as they are ahead of us on the pitch even though we have spent miles more money. If we had not pissed £12m up the wall maybe that would have been different.

At the start of next season, we are only going to have Lenihan and Williams again. Bauer has been part of a slightly better defence, I have seen him a similar amount of times to you and hes not the most articulate of players but he knows how to defend. It is difficult to compare who is better IMO, him or Tosin, chalk and cheese but Bauer has impressed there and conceded less than we have.

Sinclair’s last top season for Celtic was three years ago playing for the only team in a less competitive league. Sinclairs numbers have declined since and will continue to do so as he slows up. He’s a decent signing. That’s it.

As for Bauer and Tosin - They’re both CB’s. So it’s not that difficult. If you are referring to their styles of play I’d say that TA has proven he can deal with physicality and aerial challenges whereas PB seems to have to concentrate VERY hard to pass 5yrds. The only ‘chalk n cheese’ here is that Tosin is a very good player who will likely go onto a long career in the PL whilst Bauer...isn’t and won’t ??

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

They’re both CB’s. So it’s not that difficult.   The only ‘chalk n cheese’ here is that Tosin is a good player who will likely go onto a long career in the PL whilst Bauer...isn’t and won’t ??

If Tosin is going to have a long career in the PL then he is going to have to significantly improve on his performances this season.

• Like 4

Imo, if Mowbray is staying for the foreseeable, the ideal way forward would be to offload Graham who has completely gone due to his age and get his substantial wages off the wage bill.  Then loan out Brereton and Gallagher to teams that will give them regular game time up front, not out on the wing and hope they recover some form and confidence. Then get a couple of experienced strikers in on loan.

As all that isn't going to happen in January, as others have rightly said we have to take whatever we can get. I wouldn't really understand any reluctance on the part of the Club to let Brereton go out on loan as Mowbray refuses to play him anyway.

If another manager were coming in imminently then of course the situation might be different as said manager might be able to play a different system or formation and get a tune out of various players who have not been performing.

The situation as it stands though is completely unsustainable. Mowbray spent 7m on Brereton but clearly has never rated him and another 5m on Gallagher who imo was never any good in the first place but who has been made to look even worse by Mowbray's bizarre tactics.

If we're to get anything at all back on our investment on those two, something has to change, and fast.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If Tosin is going to have a long career in the PL then he is going to have to significantly improve on his performances this season.

He’s far better than Lenihan now. As a ball playing CB he’s going to play a lot of games imo. Him and Downing have been our best players so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Sinclair’s last top season for Celtic was three years ago playing for the only team in a less competitive league. Sinclairs numbers have declined since and will continue to do so as he slows up. He’s a decent signing. That’s it.

They’re both CB’s. So it’s not that difficult.   The only ‘chalk n cheese’ here is that Tosin is a good player who will likely go onto a long career in the PL whilst Bauer...isn’t and won’t ??

Last season, he got 9 goals and 3 assists in the League, and 17 goals and 6 assists in all competitions. The season before, 9 goals and 10 assists in the League, 18 goals and 17 assists overall. I think he will be a good addition but as a direct rival in our supposed play off ambitions lets hope he isnt.

Whether he goes onto have a long career in the PL or not is totally irrelevant because it wont be for us. Sadly, all that matters is how good his career is within the 2019/20 season as far as we are concerned. And like I said, I am not necessarily saying that one is better than the other, one is far more cultured and technically good, whilst the other is far more dominant aerielly and battle hardened. Bauer has like I said been part of a better defence this season, just about. I would probably say that Adarabioyo is better suited to playing next to Lenihan, but come August when we are going to be starting another Championship season, Bauer would have left us with one less spot to fill. Both are good Championship defenders and it would have been ideal to get both. When Lenihan was out Adarabioyo looked a shadow of the player with Williams next to him because neither bring the aeriel prowess of a Lenihan or a Bauer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Imo, if Mowbray is staying for the foreseeable, the ideal way forward would be to offload Graham who has completely gone due to his age and get his substantial wages off the wage bill.  Then loan out Brereton and Gallagher to teams that will give them regular game time up front, not out on the wing and hope they recover some form and confidence. Then get a couple of experienced strikers in on loan.

As all that isn't going to happen in January, as others have rightly said we have to take whatever we can get. I wouldn't really understand any reluctance on the part of the Club to let Brereton go out on loan as Mowbray refuses to play him anyway.

If another manager were coming in imminently then of course the situation might be different as said manager might be able to play a different system or formation and get a tune out of various players who have not been performing.

The situation as it stands though is completely unsustainable. Mowbray spent 7m on Brereton but clearly has never rated him and another 5m on Gallagher who imo was never any good in the first place but who has been made to look even worse by Mowbray's bizarre tactics.

If we're to get anything at all back on our investment on those two, something has to change, and fast.

If as you say, rightly I think, Mowbray has never rated Brereton does that not point to the signing having been instigated by someone else ?

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes not better than Lenihan. Statistically it is proven that Lenihan is the biggest miss. 

Haha statistically? How could you possibly create the same conditions for both of them on their own? I’d personally say that Nyambe was the biggest miss to our. He’s 10 times the right back that Bennett is and we look 10 times more solid with him in the team.

Back to my point though...in the games home and away that I’ve watched, my opinion is that Tosin is a lot better than Lenihan. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He’s far better than Lenihan now. As a ball playing CB he’s going to play a lot of games imo. Him and Downing have been our best players so far.

He may well be better than Lenihan now although I would debate that given that Tosin's only decent performances have come when he has had Lenihan alongside him. But being better than Lenihan is not the yard stick for having a long PL career.

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He may well be better than Lenihan now although I would debate that given that Tosin's only decent performances have come when he has had Lenihan alongside him. But being better than Lenihan is not the yard stick for having a long PL career.

Based on the opinion of his employers, his development, physical attributes, ability AND him being better than Lenihan. I’m pretty confident that he’ll play at the top level for a long time. Just my opinion. ??