BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

39 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If as you say, rightly I think, Mowbray has never rated Brereton does that not point to the signing having been instigated by someone else ?

No, because he has consistently taken ownership of the signing.

He seemed to think when BB arrived that he could be merely tucked away as "one for the future" which was pretty foolish thinking for a Club of our size and income. Let alone a signing costing £7m.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Also of note, Patrick Bauer is CRAP. Wow, such poor mobility. Big cart horse type. Dodged a bullet there. Tosin much better. 

Before you start dissing other Club's players in an attempt to make TM look better, let's not forget that considering he's so crap we spent 12 months trying to sign him and ultimately he turned us down, not the other way round.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Den Haag would literally be a perfect loan move for Ben. Get his head down out the spotlight, hopefully get played as an actual striker. Also if anyone follows Dutch football the defences on the whole are absolutely garbage apart from the top teams so he will bag a few.

And if he doesn’t which is a massive probability based on what we have seen ... then what??

i see us writing off £7million in the near future .

somebody authorising that signing should be dismissed . Total  Negligence . 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

What's most interesting about that if true is another manager rates him. Why I have no Idea.

Maybe just thinks we have made a pig's ear of what was once a highly rated youngster, and that he can do better with him.

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Patrick Bauer is CRAP.

I don't think he is as good as people make him out to be. Decent defender but no world beater

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Preston have conceded a couple less goals

You need to look through both teams and work out how many games each has played and the goals conceded cos Tosin Adarabioyo hasn't played all the time. 

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Rumours in Scotland that Martin Boyle at Hibs is interesting a couple of Championship teams. If we were up looking at Jordan Jones, could be us.

Boyle is absolutely rapid and his ideal position is wide right in a 4-2-3-1. Aussie international. Chips in with goals. Absolutely blistering pace.

Guess he will be ideal in 4-4-2 formation aswell if he proper winger. Pace one side with Downing the other side. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

To be honest, I am unconvinced that we even need to replace him before we let him go, he has offered nothing at all and I am incredibly skeptical that he will do anything in the Dutch League. It seems quite naive to expect him to go there and become a different player scoring goals but we can only hope.

Its quite embarrassing that 18 months in, we are having to shift him temporarily out of the back door and I would welcome any offer to get rid for good.

well of course he needs replace whether its a winger or striker depending where Armstrong will play mostly.

Guess it depends where Pardew plays him and how he plays him

• Like 1

Id be quite surprised if he got regular football there. Then again, they are right near the bottom and have recently signed a young kid from Boro with only brief loan spells low down the pyramid, and are close to signing a young lad from Leicester for whom all but one of his 20 odd senior appearances came in the Belgian second division.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

. I would probably say that Adarabioyo is better suited to playing next to Lenihan, but come August when we are going to be starting another Championship season, Bauer would have left us with one less spot to fill. Both are good Championship defenders and it would have been ideal to get both. When Lenihan was out Adarabioyo looked a shadow of the player with Williams next to him because neither bring the aeriel prowess of a Lenihan or a Bauer. 

who knows? Bauer might not have wanted to sit on a bench and he would had if we had Lenihan and Tosin Adarabioyo fit. 

About next season, Wharton might be part of the 1st team set up so would give us one less spot to fill anyway

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think he is as good as people make him out to be. Decent defender but no world beater

You need to look through both teams and work out how many games each has played and the goals conceded cos Tosin Adarabioyo hasn't played all the time. 

Guess he will be ideal in 4-4-2 formation aswell if he proper winger. Pace one side with Downing the other side. 

well of course he needs replace whether its a winger or striker depending where Armstrong will play mostly.

Guess it depends where Pardew plays him and how he plays him

But Brereton has played 4 times, 2 starts in which he was hauled off before 70 minutes, and 2 sub appearances, one for 3 minutes. Even when he does play he contributes nothing. We wont miss him, same with Smallwood, he wouldnt need replacing either.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

who knows? Bauer might not have wanted to sit on a bench and he would had if we had Lenihan and Tosin Adarabioyo fit. 

About next season, Wharton might be part of the 1st team set up so would give us one less spot to fill anyway

You was recommending him right through the process of us being linked with him. Its quite hilarious how as soon as he didnt join, your opinion on him changed in a flash.

Hes spent all season impressing in a defence slightly better than ours, you talk as if he is not up to it.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But Brereton has played 4 times, 2 starts in which he was hauled off before 70 minutes, and 2 sub appearances, one for 3 minutes. Even when he does play he contributes nothing. We wont miss him, same with Smallwood, he wouldnt need replacing either.

You was recommending him right through the process of us being linked with him. Its quite hilarious how as soon as he didnt join, your opinion on him changed in a flash.

Hes spent all season impressing in a defence slightly better than ours, you talk as if he is not up to it.

If we are letting Brereton and Samuel leave, plus Dack injured and Holtby not always being fit, only leaves you 3 players, one is Graham who is 34 years old and cant play every minute of every game now. 

recommending Bauer. I don't think. I posted the link to the Bauer story when Alan Nixon ran the article in the Summer 2018. I said that Mowbray wanted him. I name a number of defenders we could have signed during the summer of 2018 and 2019. 

That's your view he has been impressing all season. Was I impress yesterday? nope. Armstrong has the beaten of him and He was lightweight against Graham. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

The opportunity to send BB out on loan, shouldn't be passed up.

He can't possibly develop as a player coming for 5 mins and starting once every 2 months. 

There's an assumption in there that I've seen no evidence for.

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If as you say, rightly I think, Mowbray has never rated Brereton does that not point to the signing having been instigated by someone else ?

Might well be the case. So why does he put up with it? He's another in a long line of Venky managers who take the dosh and put up with it.

Only one had the integrity to walk away.

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

Might well be the case. So why does he put up with it? He's another in a long line of Venky managers who take the dosh and put up with it.

Fair point, don't believe he wasn't behind the Brereton signing, but even if he wasn't he should have said "I'm the manager of this team and we're not spending 70% of the summer transfer budget on a player I dont want."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No, because he has consistently taken ownership of the signing.

He seemed to think when BB arrived that he could be merely tucked away as "one for the future" which was pretty foolish thinking for a Club of our size and income. Let alone a signing costing £7m.

He could hardly come out and say it was never his idea and came about because of agents in the background.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fair point, don't believe he wasn't behind the Brereton signing, but even if he wasn't he should have said "I'm the manager of this team and we're not spending 70% of the summer transfer budget on a player I dont want."

In which case he follows all the others who have told Venkys the truth and paid for it with his job - perhaps he thought he might be able to make something of the lad.

• Backroom

Tony Mowbray. That's literally what he's said in interviews, that it was his signing and he then listed off the multiple attributes he felt Brereton had as reasons for the signing. If you want to choose to believe he was lying then OK, but the narrative that Brereton was forced on Mowbray is little more than a conspiracy theory.

The simplest answer is often the correct one. Mowbray had money to spend, he'd heard enough from people about Brereton to think he'd be a great signing, but found out when Brereton arrived that he wasn't particularly good and has realised now that he's made a mistake and has little choice but to wear that albatross around his neck. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I've no idea who was pushing Brereton to the owners. Do you ?

Who knows but if what i asked is true as has been alleged by some normally conspiracy bashing twitterati then it's yet another remarkable Venky era coincidence !

50 minutes ago, 47er said:

Uh, technically two managers walked away...the other one definitely didn't have integrity!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

About next season, Wharton might be part of the 1st team set up so would give us one less spot to fill anyway  I very, very much doubt it.  The lad is 23 this year and, IMO, is as unconvincing now as he was 5 years ago.