BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

One particular fit that mowbray likes- as do I- but is unlikely due to money wanted is Ronan Curtis from pompy. Maddison was the back up to this but with Curtis looking unlikely and Maddison talking to Charlton they are having to act fast or will end up with neither- probably the most likely scenario. He is wanting to free armstrong from the wing to focus on up top with dacks goals missing, he sees armstrong as the guy for goals. Struggling with raising capital though. Trying to get a few out the door

Tell him to shake Brereton upside down and we might get some loose change. Either that or a goal...don't know which one I'd prefer.

Find the £2.5m for a guy that has accumulated over 30 assists in 3 seasons. Why sign Gallagher to play on the wing when there's literally a winger there for HALF THE PRICE

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Tell him to shake Brereton upside down and we might get some loose change. Either that or a goal...don't know which one I'd prefer.

Find the £2.5m for a guy that has accumulated over 30 assists in 3 seasons. Why sign Gallagher to play on the wing when there's literally a winger there for HALF THE PRICE

Friendly well connected salesman.

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Other clubs have directors for this. Loan managers/analysts who scout and chose a good fit for them. We leave it onto the lads agent who no doubt only cares which deal is sweetest for him.

This is literally how it will happen at every club, agents will look for loan moves aswell as teams enquiring directly to club. Player and agent will then decide where they think is best for them to go. 

some clubs (prem) will have staff that specifically keep up with their players out on loan. Championship clubs, it will likely fall to U23 manager/staff.

On 12/01/2020 at 16:27, Paul Mani said:

Players Bought to get us out of League 1 getting phased out of our championship plans - seems straight forward enough.

Downing has been fantastic. Was the best player on the park yesterday and has surpassed most people’s expectations.

What was interesting yesterday was the reaction of PNE fans to Sinclair. You’d have thought they were bringing on Messi! Just highlighted the difference in expectation at the two clubs when you consider Rovers fans reaction to signing Holtby who is a far better pedigree and status.

Also of note, Patrick Bauer is CRAP. Wow, such poor mobility. Big cart horse type. Dodged a bullet there. Tosin much better. 

I've only seen Bauer once and that was on TV but my impression was he wasn't anything special at all. Worrying that we chased him for so long.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've only seen Bauer once and that was on TV but my impression was he wasn't anything special at all. Worrying that we chased him for so long.

My impression of him was that he is what a number on here were calling for earlier in the season as a typical championship stopper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But if the rumour is correct that we have been bid for Maddison or other players than it would suggest we have some money. do you agree? 

Bit pointless if missing out on targets to the likes of Charlton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would any Manager come out and say we got loads of millions to spend? 

Do we money to spend like Brereton or Gallagher money? No 

But if the rumour is correct that we have been bid for Maddison or other players than it would suggest we have some money. do you agree? 

No it is a rumour and nothing more. We will see if we spend much but I wont hold my breath.

Yeah he’s not the best, but he’s still only young. 7million is a lot and it was a gamble but the criticism Big Ben gets is disgraceful in my opinion. He came in barbers other day with his head down and barely said a word. If the rumours are true and he does go on loan. I hope it works out for him and proves us all wrong 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Yeah he’s not the best, but he’s still only young. 7million is a lot and it was a gamble but the criticism Big Ben gets is disgraceful in my opinion. He came in barbers other day with his head down and barely said a word. If the rumours are true and he does go on loan. I hope it works out for him and proves us all wrong 

Criticism? Where? Online? Way of the world unfortunately if you mean abuse. However I don’t see why his very poor performances can’t be commented on on forums like this. 

At the ground he’s had very little, apart from a few idiots away from home, and that is credit to our fans considering the hype and price tag. Certainly wouldn’t be the case at a lot of other clubs.

• Like 6

Venkys happy to pay (as always). They have one eye on FFP.

The only thing I’ve seen in relation to restrictions on money was TM saying we didn’t have the money to go out and replace Dack. Which at £10-£20m is kind of self explanatory. The other issue at play here is that they were also budgeting on selling more tickets and likely cashing in on Dack in the summer. But ultimately, we had a budget for this window and we still have it. Dacks injury and the form of Brereton and Gallagher means we now have to add an attacker.

Not skint. No restrictions imposed by the owners. Just business as usual.

Edited by Paul Mani

22 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Tbf the barbers like when you put your head down so they can cut your hair , not sure he would come bouncing in to get his locks chopped, he would look a bit mad 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tbf the barbers like when you put your head down so they can cut your hair , not sure he would come bouncing in to get his locks chopped, he would look a bit mad 

When you walk in there’s usually a wait you see ?? Funny comment though ??

43 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Part of the problem. Get rid of the looks come back a new man. Forget the floppy hair and shit beard and run your bollocks off when it isn’t going your way. Up to the lad but doubtful he’s the desire to improve or put the heard yards in.

Everything about him smells of comfort zone. Needs to get a bit angry 

• Like 3

Not sure why loaning out BB means we have to keep Samual. We would still have 3 strikers in DG, AA, and SG for one spot. Thing is, TM doesnt think of two of them as strikers. We have plenty of options in midfield and on the wing. Why not Chapman, or perhaps even Bennett playing in his natural position? Costello coming through the academy and even Parson is bemused that Mols is yet to get a chance. Rothwell, Downing, Bennett and Chapman alone is more than enough to cover wide positions while Holtby can have the Dack role. 

Get a LB in to free up Downing, a CB to cover the inevitable Lenihan and/or Tosin injury and perhaps try to sign a permanent experienced keeper. Can always loan a young lad to play striker too. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Part of the problem. Get rid of the looks come back a new man. Forget the floppy hair and shit beard and run your bollocks off when it isn’t going your way. Up to the lad but doubtful he’s the desire to improve or put the heard yards in.

Everything about him smells of comfort zone. Needs to get a bit angry 

Age old football problem.

Youbg lad gets big move, signing on wad and pay hike on long contract. Sets him up for life, football doesn't work out....so what he's ok for the next 3 years.

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

Would you take Rhodes back? Curently attracting Wigan. He is a natural goal scorer.

I would. 100%

He is limited but absolutely nobody is attacking the 6yard box. He would. His heading is light years better than Gallagher's too.

Leave running the channels for an out of position Gally ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I would. 100%

He is limited but absolutely nobody is attacking the 6yard box. He would. His heading is light years better than Gallagher's too.

Leave running the channels for an out of position Gally ?

mowbray would absolutely ruin rhodes,god alone knows what he`d do with him,i don`t think tony would recognise his unique talent of just scoring goals,more than likely he`d be on the bench,up front on his own or on the wing,the way we play is not set up for him,it`d be a disaster

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray would absolutely ruin rhodes,god alone knows what he`d do with him,i don`t think tony would recognise his unique talent of just scoring goals,more than likely he`d be on the bench,up front on his own or on the wing,the way we play is not set up for him,it`d be a disaster

Tbf, a lot of Rhodes good work was done up front alone. Was rather prolific. he is just not the same type of player to DG. 

Would I take him back? Nobody else seems to know how to score apart from AA, so yeah probably. 

• Like 1

Not the most important of news at all, but I see Tom White has had his loan at Barrow extended and it's looking more and more like he was yet another pointless signing. He's 22, time for him to crack on, but instead we signed him, played him for about 8 u23 games, then shipped him back on loan for the season to the same poor level he came from, Conference, where we will learn absolutely nothing about his improvement. It's only a 2 year contract he has signed too, so come the summer there will be 1 year left. What was the point?

I assumed we bought him mostly for the u23s, but then we shipped him off after not very long so it wasn't that either. It was reported by a few on here he was playing pretty well for them, so it's not like he just hasn't met our expectations. Why did we bother? Little decisions like this do add up when there's enough of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not the most important of news at all, but I see Tom White has had his loan at Barrow extended and it's looking more and more like he was yet another pointless signing. He's 22, time for him to crack on, but instead we signed him, played him for about 8 u23 games, then shipped him back on loan for the season to the same poor level he came from, Conference, where we will learn absolutely nothing about his improvement. It's only a 2 year contract he has signed too, so come the summer there will be 1 year left. What was the point?

I assumed we bought him mostly for the u23s, but then we shipped him off after not very long so it wasn't that either. It was reported by a few on here he was playing pretty well for them, so it's not like he just hasn't met our expectations. Why did we bother? Little decisions like this do add up when there's enough of them.

Yeah odd signing. Obviously already know he can cut it at national League level, so why not find him somewhere at least a league up? l2 would have been good for 6 months - should be good enough considering his age and the fact we thought him good enough to sign.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1