BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

8 hours ago, skous18 said:

With all the talks about FFP and with no money to spend plus how fragile our team looks, surely MGP should sign till the end of the year?

From the interview he gave a couple of days ago it seemed like he was having a one week trial with the club. 

Is there anything in that or is it just me?

P.S. whoever thinks MGP could do no better than Galagher, Holtby, Bennet etc on the wing should have their heads checked

It's just you. The lad's finished at serious pro level. He'll need two walking sticks now.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

I’d sack him all day tomorrow if I was venkys. He’s worse than Coyle.

Worse than Coyle? Have you suffered some head trauma?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What war chest ?

Apparently the History channel will be doing a series on the famous 2011, 50 million war chest once the 400th series of the curse of oak island as finished in late 2020 (spoiler alert - they find bugger all apart from some old wood)

History Channel - Press Release - Future Programming

The curse of the 50 million war chest.- Preview

Sometime in 2011 a mysterious  chest containing 50 million pounds set sail on the Royal slowboat SS Not Happening, its voyage was to take it  between Mumbai , India and the canal lock near the old Infirmary , Blackburn, Lancashire , England.

When the precious cargo failed to arrive questions were asked , owner of the war chest Queen Madame Desai of the Rooster dynasty  was stated as saying , I can not understand, our Captain Stevie is a very nice man and works long hours* , others from the Chicken royalty were equally bemused, his royal highness Blingy  throw a firework party hoping to catch sight of the chest, Prince Tache stated he was confused,

Many have speculated it's whereabouts , Could it be it was hijacked  by spivs on the notorious Barnetbary coast? was it knocked off course by a massive snowball,? what is the dubious link to the Knight Templars ? was it even sent in the first place.?

Tune in on Monday October 19th 2020 at 8pm to find out (3 pound surcharge if not tuned in before 8pm) The curse of the 50 million War Chest, a modern day mystery 

* (although research as shown most of this was spent trying to lighten the grog supply in his cabin)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 7

On 11/01/2020 at 21:11, DE. said:

You saved me a post, so thanks! This always happens though. Evans has a few decent games and his average at best history here is rewritten like he's been some kind of maestro who we've been lucky to have all these years.

There's a reason he's the only one of Bowyer's babes left here. Purple patches of form interspersed with multiple injuries and many, many games of nothingness obviously wasn't enough to ever catch anybody else's interest. 

Being one of our better players this season is frankly a low bar. Evans is far from our biggest problem but symbolic of our mediocrity and how that has been embraced and celebrated by many of our supporters. 

Just back from a 2 day ban for use of terrible language.

In my defense I would like to say my use of the words  'tosspot' and 'asshats' were not aimed at any individual, but instead any 'fan' that lack class after one of our players has been stretchered off needing oxygen.
I support our team passionately, and Evans has been brilliant for us and N Ireland, but even if he hadn't I would stand up for him on his plight.
For all those that run around with fancy skills losing the ball we need grafters like Evans and Travis to win it back.
Anyhow, it's a pity those that forever dish out insults to our players can't take the tiniest criticism themselves. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

Just back from a 2 day ban for use of terrible language.

In my defense I would like to say my use of the words  'tosspot' and 'asshats' were not aimed at any individual, but instead any 'fan' that lack class after one of our players has been stretchered off needing oxygen.
I support our team passionately, and Evans has been brilliant for us and N Ireland, but even if he hadn't I would stand up for him on his plight.
For all those that run around with fancy skills losing the ball we need grafters like Evans and Travis to win it back.
Anyhow, it's a pity those that forever dish out insults to our players can't take the tiniest criticism themselves. 

Please try to follow the forum rules, as below.

Issue 2: Opinions always being linked to persons or groups.

Example - "I think Ben Brereton is useless, will not be a success at this club, and won't get over 10 goals in any season." = No problem, that's a personal opinion. 

Example - "I think everyone that thinks BB can get double figures is an idiot, and knows nothing about football." = Problem. Not just a personal opinion, attacking others for their opinions. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

Please try to follow the forum rules, as below.

Thanks.

Swap Shearer for BB and the statement would be 100 percent correct. Why is everyone so sensitive? I don't curse, or find tosspot or asshat offensive; I call my friends that on a daily basis. 

Would understand if there were curse words used.

Anyhow, sorry if someone was hurt.

But most of all I am sorry for our players and our injury situation; a real kick in the teeth when we got into such a good position.

Swap Shearer for BB and the statement would be 100 percent correct. Why is everyone so sensitive? I don't curse, or find tosspot or asshat offensive; I call my friends that on a daily basis. 

But most of all I am sorry for our players and our injury situation; a real kick in the teeth when we got into such a good position.

I think the bad results had already started before the injuries hit. Correlated with Mowbray tinkering with the team and trying to play his possession football.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Appreciate your friends wouldn't be offended by being called names like that, but people on here are essentially strangers and I think it would be considered quite rude to call a group of people in the pub, for example,  'asshats' or 'tosspots' for their opinions, regardless of how you view them. Just asking that you try to consider it in that way rather than 'if I said it to my mates it would be alright', as that isn't really suitable context in regards to a public forum.

The injury situation is unfortunate but something we should have been prepared for as we have a lot of injury prone players in the squad. Nyambe, Lenihan, Tosin and Williams have all struggled to stay fit this season so far, and that's just defence! We seem to have a habit of picking up players that struggle to stay fit, perhaps just because of the market we're operating in wage/fee wise, although if we had £12m to spend on Brereton/Gallagher I'm not sure financial poverty can be used as an excuse.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Any chance we could move for Connor Gallagher? Or I wonder who is after him?

Could make a Dack replacement?

Been class for Charlton, he’ll end up at a better side than us though. 

• Like 1

Such contradicting information at the moment.

ITK'ers confirming we were one of those bidding for Maddison - Sharpe dismisses. 

ITk'ers claiming Dack was never going to be sold - Waggott saying he was (allegedly).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Such contradicting information at the moment.

ITK'ers confirming we were one of those bidding for Maddison - Sharpe dismisses. 

ITk'ers claiming Dack was never going to be sold - Waggott saying he was (allegedly).

I think the only information you can gleam from that is that nobody actually knows anything.

• Like 9

The only certainty in this transfer window is that Dack is not going to West Brom and Evans isn't going to Stoke.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to hear the BBM (Blackburn's Bullshit Machine) lauding the fact that we held on to key players in some future press release

• Like 1

Squad -

GK x 2 -
Walton
Leutwiler

= Not good enough, could do with a keeper

DF:
LB x 4
Williams
cunningham
Bell
Downing

RB x 2
Nyambe
Bennet

= Bennet not good enough, need another RB

CB x 3
Adarabioyo
Lenihan
Williams

CM: x 3
Johnson
Travis
Evans

= I think potentially we could get away with one of the below wingers playing in the middle with one of the above if we really needed to.

MF:
LW/RW:
Downing
Hotly
Rothwell
Chapman
Armstrong

ST:
Gallagher
Graham
Samuel
Brereton

= Need a striker

From the above squad, given we have a small budget, I would say most important players needed would be - ST, RB, GK. I know we need others but im going on what we urgently need through the door with a low budget. I would also get rid of -
Brereton - to sell
Samuel - on loan
Walton - swapped with someone better.

Just my opinion. I'm sure theirs many that disagree, who would others think we need to get in and who to get out, baring in mind working with a small budget so cant say we need a new 11 lol.

Edited by ruggles1995

1 hour ago, Neal said:

This fella comes out with some amazingly stupid words. He'd just pay the money clubs are asking if we had it to spend... Seriously? Who can afford to spend that sort of money besides the top 6?

I think it's a staggering, and worrying, article.

IMO, confirms Mowbray is pretty clueless when it comes to player trading and the mechanics thereof.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

Squad -

GK x 2 -
Walton
Leutwiler

= Not good enough, could do with a keeper

DF:
LB x 4
Williams
cunningham
Bell
Downing

RB x 2
Nyambe
Bennet

= Bennet not good enough, need another RB

CB x 3
Adarabioyo
Lenihan
Williams

CM: x 3
Johnson
Travis
Evans

= I think potentially we could get away with one of the below wingers playing in the middle with one of the above if we really needed to.

MF:
LW/RW:
Downing
Hotly
Rothwell
Chapman
Armstrong

ST:
Gallagher
Graham
Samuel
Brereton

= Need a striker

From the above squad, given we have a small budget, I would say most important players needed would be - ST, RB, GK. I know we need others but im going on what we urgently need through the door with a low budget. I would also get rid of -
Brereton - to sell
Samuel - on loan
Walton - swapped with someone better.

Just my opinion. I'm sure theirs many that disagree, who would others think we need to get in and who to get out, baring in mind working with a small budget so cant say we need a new 11 lol.

Unless we are planning a big push for promotion then for this window we can probably manage with what we have, with the exception of a striker. 

As for next summer then I think we need to be concerned because we need to replace several players either on loan, too old or out of contract, (just to stand still).