BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

two in for the price and wages of one Assombalonga and Gayle plus potential sell ons if it works. That's the way we have to operate there's nothing wrong with that approach as long as the right people are orchestrating it and looking in the right places.  Seems here we are back to only going for big players presented by those close to the club or manager.

Leaves a very sour taste again and something that even if it isn't a bit stinky it still holds the club back, it's happened many times in the past ten years.  What role does the middleman play in all this i wonder ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, savage90 said:

I think someone from the club should come out and quash this 7 million Brereton figure. It isn't accurate or healthy.

I've heard this a few times now and, I'm not saying you're wrong, but why is there a transfer debit of just shy of 9 million in the accounts up to March 2019? I can't think of any other significant outlay in that period apart from the 1.5 mill for Armstrong.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Twice as much maybe but I bet he’d have more than 2 goals.

He probably would, but that wasn't what we were discussing. He would have cost at least £10 million and the figures I read he was on weekly were pretty ridiculous. 

Talk of him and Dwight Gayle serves no purpose. 

1 hour ago, savage90 said:

I think someone from the club should come out and quash this 7 million Brereton figure. It isn't accurate or healthy.

There's nothing to quash it's fact, 6 or 7 million Mowbray himself has said it a few times and most will have been tipped up now. Sorry but this isn't a Jordan Rhodes 2 mill per season over 4 years job or a Scott Dann rising to 6 million if he plays 500 games and turns out for England.

Many pants have been pulled down and the club accounts have a 6 million pound hole in them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

Wonder what the next 'insurance policy' might be once Dack has been sold?  [other than the current directors running away from any liability] - I can't see much realisable value in the rest of the squad, or any prospects of the wages:revenue equation changing much.  In the scheme of things, sale of Dack might only cover a years' worth of losses - assuming there's no sell on clause to benefit Gillingham.

Maybe they should sell the naming rights to Ewood before it gets banned by the EFL, Derby, Boro', and I think WBA seem to have got away with it......

Lenihan and Nyambe would get you the bones of £5 mil each. Travis would surely get a few bob in too. Armstrong worth more than we paid for him. I still think someone would sign Gallagher for £2.5-3 mil. None the cash cow that Dack is. I wouldn't be too happy if we sold Lenihan or especially Nyambe in lieu of Dack. 

16 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

Wonder what the next 'insurance policy' might be once Dack has been sold?  [other than the current directors running away from any liability] - I can't see much realisable value in the rest of the squad, or any prospects of the wages:revenue equation changing much.  In the scheme of things, sale of Dack might only cover a years' worth of losses - assuming there's no sell on clause to benefit Gillingham.

Maybe they should sell the naming rights to Ewood before it gets banned by the EFL, Derby, Boro', and I think WBA seem to have got away with it......

Lenihan. Though we do have an option to extend another year so Dack could be sold next Jan or next summer. If he looks after himself, Dack could be back by June. Get preseason under his belt. 

Edited by Paul Mani

9 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I've heard this a few times now and, I'm not saying you're wrong, but why is there a transfer debit of just shy of 9 million in the accounts up to March 2019? I can't think of any other significant outlay in that period apart from the 1.5 mill for Armstrong.

It will include fees paid to agents and signing on fees. 

Gayle just got injured , not going anywhere, never mind the millions of transfer fee we don’t have. 

I agree with those that said gallagher has something, I think there is a lot more to come from him, I just don’t think mowbray is the man to get it out of him. Playing him up top would help. Granted I don’t think he is ever going to be prolific, but I see a player in the mould of a Ricky lambert. I think a more predatory finisher would love a gallagher beside him to be a battering ram. Him and Armstrong could work in my opinion if given time. 

anyway- I beat the lanc telegraph again with the Curtis pursuit. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Neal said:

This fella comes out with some amazingly stupid words. He'd just pay the money clubs are asking if we had it to spend... Seriously? Who can afford to spend that sort of money besides the top 6?

Based on the Bremerton and Gallagher purchases he does that anyway.

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

anyway- I beat the lanc telegraph again with the Curtis pursuit. 

Is there any chance of it happening?

I would be , dare I say it, excited about this transfer.

Take him over Maddison any day, younger and a full international. Plus after looking at some pictures of Maddison again, I wouldn't trust a player with 2 leg sleeves. 

5 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Moaning about budget, or lack there of, in the LT. 

If he weren't such a clown he wouldn't have to work for the worst owners in football and he'd have a proper transfer budget. 

He's spent the budget on £10m+ crap strikers.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is there any chance of it happening?

I would be , dare I say it, excited about this transfer.

Take him over Maddison any day, younger and a full international. Plus after looking at some pictures of Maddison again, I wouldn't trust a player with 2 leg sleeves. 

I would too, impressed me every time Iv seen him. I would say 80-20 in favour of not happening at the moment however 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Lenihan. Though we do have an option to extend another year so Dack could be sold next Jan or next summer. If he looks after himself, Dack could be back by June. Get preseason under his belt. 

Think if Dack kicks a ball for us before Christmas it will be a bonus.  

As for Evans, IMO, he's finished with us for the season.

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wasn't like for like. The Assombolonga deal would have cost twice as much fee and wages. 

Combine both BB and SG and i bet we could have got him

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1