BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

10 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

Possibly Matthieu Udol? Started their season injured, but came back just before the Christmas period. 23 year old.

I only make an educated guess based off the fact he's out of contract in the summer so it's the kind of deal we usually like to try.

Good chance it’s him. He started the game we watched.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sadly, I was much closer to the mark about Dack than Kamy's 'suspected diagnosis',

Again, sadly, I suspect I wont be too far wrong about Evans and it being virtually the end of his season for Rovers. 

Dear me, and this year's Trump Award for Outstanding Humility goes to Dr Mercer FRCS .  .

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

Possibly Matthieu Udol? Started their season injured, but came back just before the Christmas period. 23 year old.

I only make an educated guess based off the fact he's out of contract in the summer so it's the kind of deal we usually like to try.

Dear God, how long is it going to take him, his family and his Guinea pig to settle in the area, let alone learn the way we play? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Just seen a post on a Facebook group claiming rumours abound that we are trying to sign one of our ex-strikers, but that there's been no indication who.

I haven't heard these rumours, has anyone else?

Surely Jordan.

Imagine Rhodes, Curtis and Udol. 

22 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Surely Jordan.

Imagine Rhodes, Curtis and Udol. 

I couldn't think of anyone else who seemed likely either.

Joao is too expensive and only been there since summer. Emnes is 32 in May and the most I can find out about his recent career is he is at Vancouver Whitecaps. Can't even find stats. Couldn't envision it being Nuttall returning! Anyone else would be too old, or even retired? Gestede I guess?With his injury record and high wages though...

The post I saw said knowing our luck it'll be Chris Brown!

Not that I'm taking the rumour seriously anyway, was just curious if anyone else has seen it.

Edited by bluebruce

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

For me, hes had more than enough chances and hes proven to be nowhere near up to it. With 6 months to go on his contract, its time to cut our losses.

Left back should be a priority but even without, I would take Downing there before him and even Williams.

Didn't know he only had 6 months left. I think we know what's going to happen here.

He's a Mowbray signing, probably won't be on big money........

7 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

What was his budget? Buttons compared to mowbrays mega shop infact are we even sure he signed the players but chaddy you seem to know the budget? Let’s be honest here Coyle arrived by HSH (Dave Sheron) also whom came was Joao, Hendrie, Stokes all HSH clients.

Mowbray is apparently HSH, Jordan Jones who we are now linked with is HSH albeit via a solicitor type the same who signed off Hendrie and co, Peter Whittington HSH, Harry Chapman HSH, Smallwood is HSH. 

We also seemingly can not shake of Simon Conning Premier/Crown football and his boat full of shit players; Luke Varney, Cristian Walton, Sam Gallagher, Ryan Nyambe, Tommie Hoban, Anton Forrester, Ben Brereton.

And they’re just the ones of the top of my head. How many would you have in your 11?! For the records messers Sheron, Craig Honeyman, Stephen Horner are all ex SEM under he who shall be named as Jerome.

I couldn’t give two flying f***ks if a manager wears shorts or does a Pulis and dons a baseball cap. It’s hardly the constructing base of a discussion!

No idea on why Warnock isn’t here after Cheston and Co but strongly suspect it’s on align somewhere with the above track records. If it smells fishy it probably is.

Been hinting at this stuff for ages but no one takes it on. Presumably the nice guy angle shields it.

Still the same old avenues providing players etc. Then some wonder why we don't go after x,y,z

It's all about who brings them to the table. You only have to look at the BB, Gallagher, Walton signings.

Very poor judgement but why ? How much is spaffed there and how much commission ?

It stinks, people need to wake up again I'm afraid. We are still a vehicle for the same old connections.

Now back to that flag....

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

Think Rhodes is 30 by now.

I doubt he is any better than when he left us, pretty sure he wont be any quicker!

Rhodes should have amassed a small fortune by now in transfer cuts and wages.

If he comes back here on loan then, IMO, it has to be within our wage structure as he is no longer, if he ever was, a £35k / £40k / £45k / week footballer.

I think there are better and hungrier options out there.

• Like 1

Honestly can't see a striker coming in at all.

It's an area we've invested in, we don't really have any injuries in that department so its gonna be hard for TM to blag the powers that be to release the purse strings on that front unless maybe Samuel is sold and Brereton loaned out. An old Souey classic case of weeing with the willy we've got I imagine.

On the flipside how would we even persuade a striker to come here anyway? A few weeks maybe months to get used to the 'rovers way' then to be welcomed to the circus by being asked to play on the wing. Further to that if I was a prem club looking to loan a young striker out, I'd be massively cautious about allowing them to come here and risk hampering their development. 

AT BEST I think we might manage a cheap lower league/foreign left back and a left winger again either from the lower leagues or abroad or indeed someone we've never heard of on loan.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

What was his budget? Buttons compared to mowbrays mega shop infact are we even sure he signed the players but chaddy you seem to know the budget? Let’s be honest here Coyle arrived by HSH (Dave Sheron) also whom came was Joao, Hendrie, Stokes all HSH clients.

Mowbray is apparently HSH, Jordan Jones who we are now linked with is HSH albeit via a solicitor type the same who signed off Hendrie and co, Peter Whittington HSH, Harry Chapman HSH, Smallwood is HSH. 

We also seemingly can not shake of Simon Conning Premier/Crown football and his boat full of shit players; Luke Varney, Cristian Walton, Sam Gallagher, Ryan Nyambe, Tommie Hoban, Anton Forrester, Ben Brereton.

And they’re just the ones of the top of my head. How many would you have in your 11?! For the records messers Sheron, Craig Honeyman, Stephen Horner are all ex SEM under he who shall be named as Jerome.

I couldn’t give two flying f***ks if a manager wears shorts or does a Pulis and dons a baseball cap. It’s hardly the constructing base of a discussion!

No idea on why Warnock isn’t here after Cheston and Co but strongly suspect it’s on align somewhere with the above track records. If it smells fishy it probably is.

Bit harsh calling Nyambe shit! 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Owen Coyle who raked in 11.5 million on Duffy and Hanley who spent 200 k on Derrick Williams, brought in Gallagher with a 1/2.5/3 ration goal scoring form who we’ve since signed for 5 million. Brought on Nyambe, now our first choice right back and up to this year brought in a club captain in Mulgrew who’s played what more than 100 games for us? Bombed out Bennett, brought in Joao better than Brereton? His style of football was way way better to watch. Got a wage bill to 14 million.

And you think more than 2o million on wages, 18 million on fees for players and a relegation and somewhat 10 places higher makes Mowbray a god compared to Coyle?

If Coyle was shit Mowbray is equally as bad and I didn’t rate Coyle infact if these two are all what HSH sports and Dave Sheron has to offer then we are fecked.

So, yesterday, Mowbray was worse than Coyle, in this post he’s as bad, today will he be better?

Stay tuned to find out....

• Like 1

?
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Been hinting at this stuff for ages but no one takes it on. Presumably the nice guy angle shields it.

Still the same old avenues providing players etc. Then some wonder why we don't go after x,y,z

It's all about who brings them to the table. You only have to look at the BB, Gallagher, Walton signings.

Very poor judgement but why ? How much is spaffed there and how much commission ?

It stinks, people need to wake up again I'm afraid. We are still a vehicle for the same old connections.

Now back to that flag....

He's a nine-bob note.

Perhaps more so than ever before.

Interesting if it is Rhodes. Because Nixon is suddenly back to being in the know and he definitely had some inside info / contacts when we signed JR last time.

Im never keen on going back but JR would provide the goal threat that we need.