BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

36 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Can’t see Rhodes coming, mainly because of the wages.

We’re also starting to see the failings of Mowbray’s policy of buying young players to make a profit. We spent £500k on Samuel and £200k on Bell. For them to leave for nothing at their young ages is really poor management.

What's this about Bell leaving? 

Seems odd letting Samuel leave now at a loss. 

11 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

What was his budget? Buttons compared to mowbrays mega shop infact are we even sure he signed the players but chaddy you seem to know the budget? Let’s be honest here Coyle arrived by HSH (Dave Sheron) also whom came was Joao, Hendrie, Stokes all HSH clients.

Mowbray is apparently HSH, Jordan Jones who we are now linked with is HSH albeit via a solicitor type the same who signed off Hendrie and co, Peter Whittington HSH, Harry Chapman HSH, Smallwood is HSH. 

We also seemingly can not shake of Simon Conning Premier/Crown football and his boat full of shit players; Luke Varney, Cristian Walton, Sam Gallagher, Ryan Nyambe, Tommie Hoban, Anton Forrester, Ben Brereton.

And they’re just the ones of the top of my head. How many would you have in your 11?! For the records messers Sheron, Craig Honeyman, Stephen Horner are all ex SEM under he who shall be named as Jerome.

I couldn’t give two flying f***ks if a manager wears shorts or does a Pulis and dons a baseball cap. It’s hardly the constructing base of a discussion!

No idea on why Warnock isn’t here after Cheston and Co but strongly suspect it’s on align somewhere with the above track records. If it smells fishy it probably is.

That's horrendous if correct: so Venkys have learned nowt? or don't want to?

It strikes me we're just a 'launderette'.

But why would Rudy Gestede want to come back here? He is a decent target man alright, and can head the ball (into the net), but really?? We have gone sooooo far backwards since Rudy and Rhodes lit up our front line, and the trouble is, everyone knows it. I don't for one moment think that tinkerman Tony and his Tombola tactical ineptitude are invisible to others within the game. No, for players of that quality to come here, knowing it would be practically career suicide, there would have to be a large financial incentive - which we are not in a position to offer, as far as the evidence appears to show.

33 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Bit of a myth that - Rhodes first season here he mainly played up front on his own.

All anyone needs to do is watch his goals for Rovers back from the beginning, the build ups as well.  I always said part of GB's rather annoying two deep defensive mids was to draw the opposition on and create space up top.  A . for Rhodes  B. for his wrong sided wingers to cut in.

It was often flawed because teams found it too easy to play through us and he himself had no idea about setting up a good back 4 but if nothing else it got the best out of Rhodes.

And Rudy briefly.

• Like 2

We've got Brereton (0 goals) and Gallagher (1 goal) along with an aging Graham.

Would I take regular 20+ a season man back here? You bet. Trouble is with this manager he would over complicate things and probably ensure Rhodes struggled to hit the target through odd formations and positions.

Ain't going to happen either way. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Bit of a myth that - Rhodes first season here he mainly played up front on his own.

Imo Rhodes did very little but score (though he was very good at that) Gestede and King were a much better pairing, and I believe we may have been promoted if Bowyer had given them a chance to play together more in the league.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

But why would Rudy Gestede want to come back here? He is a decent target man alright, and can head the ball (into the net), but really?? We have gone sooooo far backwards since Rudy and Rhodes lit up our front line, and the trouble is, everyone knows it. I don't for one moment think that tinkerman Tony and his Tombola tactical ineptitude are invisible to others within the game. No, for players of that quality to come here, knowing it would be practically career suicide, there would have to be a large financial incentive - which we are not in a position to offer, as far as the evidence appears to show.

Talk about revisionist rose tinted glasses. With a splash of negative hyperbole thrown in for good measure! 

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

Please, not Rhodes, the only thing that Lambert got right!!!

We do not have the capacity to carry Rhodes with the players we have in our squad. 

Ya, how could we carry all those goals. 

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Talk about revisionist rose tinted glasses. With a splash of negative hyperbole thrown in for good measure! 

You obviously never saw him play

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Haha! Revisionist rose tinted glasses eh? Please don't tell us you think the team / club has got better since the days of Rhodes and Rudy.. perlease!! As for negative hyperbole, ya, you got me. Mr Negative

We're so poor at scoring bringing Rhodes back had a lot to recommend it.

But... His around game is non-existant. So if were under the kosh whose going to provide an out ball? I guess we could start playing him and or Gally/Armstrong up front in a two. But then you have less bodies in midfield.

Hmmm. Tough one.

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Haha! Revisionist rose tinted glasses eh? Please don't tell us you think the team / club has got better since the days of Rhodes and Rudy.. perlease!! As for negative hyperbole, ya, you got me. Mr Negative

Are you sure you aren't mixing the names Rhodes and Rudy up with Shearer and Sutton?? 

Rudy and Rhodes were 2 good strikers, but we were no better off than we are now. You do remember the Williamson/Lowe axis in the middle don't you? 

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Can’t see Rhodes coming, mainly because of the wages.

We’re also starting to see the failings of Mowbray’s policy of buying young players to make a profit. We spent £500k on Samuel and £200k on Bell. For them to leave for nothing at their young ages is really poor management.

why Poor? 

Both signed for low fees but not good enough for top half/top 6 championship team. Now not good enough quality wise

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

why Poor? 

Both signed for low fees but not good enough for top half/top 6 championship team. Now not good enough quality wise

Now now Chaddy I don't think either were signed with the belief/understanding that they wouldn't be good enough for a top half/ top 6 (neither of which we currently are btw). They would have been signed with the intention they were here for the long haul. I can't see bell leaving, but I do find selling Samuel at a loss pretty odd. I thought he should have been given a chance. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I saw him play plenty, as did those who voted him onto the Championship team of the decade. 

Then you'd know that we do not have the players to provide him with the chances - I'm not saying that he doesn't score if you set 'em up for him!

We just won't be able to set him up and he will jog around like a fairy not contributing in a team that is struggling to compete already!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Then you'd know that we do not have the players to provide him with the chances - I'm not saying that he doesn't score if you set 'em up for him!

We just won't be able to set him up and he will jog around like a fairy not contributing in a team that is struggling to compete already!

I think we do have the players. The issue has been we have missed chances. Graham and Dack could go through a game with little service and little impact, but then 1 chance comes up and they take it. 

People are obsess with Rhodes. 

Can Rovers afford Rhodes's wages? No we cant. 

People need to look realistically at the situation. We haven't be linked to striker all of the transfer window. We have been linked with Jordan Jones and Ronan Curtis this window. So from that I take that Adam Armstrong will move up front if we sign a winger 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

The French Leftback? id get him for the stepovers alone.

Is this something you know or just a suggestion? He signed for Strømsgodset i august 2019, joining for free from a 3 division club in Spain. They looked very likely to go down last season, but managed to survive due to a good spell in the authum. Likes to run forward with the ball and can also play on the wing.