BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

My issue with letting the likes of Samuel, Bell, Galdwin leave for nothing is that we paid good money for them. £700k is not a small amount for a League One team to have spent.

When we bought Bell he was in the last 6 months of his contract at Fleetwood.

When we bought Samuel he was in the last year of his contract at Reading.

IMO we shouldn’t be letting players go for nothing when they are still in their early 20’s.

?
13 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

What was his budget? Buttons compared to mowbrays mega shop infact are we even sure he signed the players but chaddy you seem to know the budget? Let’s be honest here Coyle arrived by HSH (Dave Sheron) also whom came was Joao, Hendrie, Stokes all HSH clients.

Mowbray is apparently HSH, Jordan Jones who we are now linked with is HSH albeit via a solicitor type the same who signed off Hendrie and co, Peter Whittington HSH, Harry Chapman HSH, Smallwood is HSH. 

We also seemingly can not shake of Simon Conning Premier/Crown football and his boat full of shit players; Luke Varney, Cristian Walton, Sam Gallagher, Ryan Nyambe, Tommie Hoban, Anton Forrester, Ben Brereton.

And they’re just the ones of the top of my head. How many would you have in your 11?! For the records messers Sheron, Craig Honeyman, Stephen Horner are all ex SEM under he who shall be named as Jerome.

I couldn’t give two flying f***ks if a manager wears shorts or does a Pulis and dons a baseball cap. It’s hardly the constructing base of a discussion!

No idea on why Warnock isn’t here after Cheston and Co but strongly suspect it’s on align somewhere with the above track records. If it smells fishy it probably is.

So the "concern"-again- is around unhealthy links to individual agents and specific agencies.

I can see the link between SEM and HSH and the link between Coyle and TM in terms of "agency". I can see the link between HSH and Middlesborough.

Yes, I have been worried about the pattern of poor signings. I was also deeply suspicious about, who pulled the strings for the "outstanding candidate" to ditch the genuinely outstanding one.

Previously, there were concerns about SEM/Kentaro's interests being "paramount" and later about the source of the "Portugueezers".

However, I have yet to see the workings out, linking the recent crop of dud signings to particular agents/agencies and to the manager. Can anyone with more knowledge help?

How many awful transfer mistakes can we observe without starting to become suspicious again?

3 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

My issue with letting the likes of Samuel, Bell, Galdwin leave for nothing is that we paid good money for them. £700k is not a small amount for a League One team to have spent.

When we bought Bell he was in the last 6 months of his contract at Fleetwood.

When we bought Samuel he was in the last year of his contract at Reading.

IMO we shouldn’t be letting players go for nothing when they are still in their early 20’s.

If a player is at the end of their contract what choice does the club have ?

23 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Who's going to buy Lenihan?

Championship centre halves don’t notoriously go for much either. Don’t think we’d get much more than 4/5 million. We only got 4 for Duffy and 5 for Hanley who I’d say were both more highly thought of within the game than Darragh is.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If a player is at the end of their contract what choice does the club have ?

Maybe a transfer strategy where players are offered out for sale before they are in their final stages of a contract, radical I know 

When they are getting close to their contract ending date put a whoops! sticker on them so at least you get something back.

2 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Maybe a transfer strategy where players are offered out for sale before they are in their final stages of a contract, radical I know 

When they are getting close to their contract ending date put a whoops! sticker on them so at least you get something back.

Gladwin had a serious injury and Samuel did his ACL and wasn't fit until about October time so neither of those two could realistically be moved on. Bell still seems to have some level of involvement.

39 minutes ago, Butty said:

Championship centre halves don’t notoriously go for much either. Don’t think we’d get much more than 4/5 million. We only got 4 for Duffy and 5 for Hanley who I’d say were both more highly thought of within the game than Darragh is.

I think across the board the centre back market is still a bit more baron than a few years ago on top of even more transfer inflation in the last few years. I think we can get around £10m for Darragh

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

To be fair Mowbray did say the aim was play-offs, although he has been quite on that lately. I think the aim of mid table is actually driven by a lot of fans. I read it a lot on social media before the season started that they think we will finish 10-14th and that's fine. Personally I don't believe it is, barbecue this looks like one of those years where a slightly above average team could make the play-offs if they found some consistency at the right time. 

The injury to Dack is both a blow and a blessing to the manager really in some ways. As well as losing his talisman whose form virtually drives the team he's got a credible reason to buy himself more time.

If he was serious about the play offs he'd be on the blower to them saying if you want a shot we have to get quality in. Really doesn't strike me as that type and they in turn if they were serious would be on at him we want to see some progress still you've got a big squad, here is the ok to get some more in to help push on.

The current situation though puts real focus on him and his 3 amigo signings i'm not sure why so many are giving him a free pass on this. They were signed to cover and eventually replace the talisman so now is the time to step up.  The manager would help if he set up to get the best out of them, i think he's doing ok with Armstrong to be fair. And up to recently i think he managed Graham well but now is trying to freeze him out.

As for the other 2 he clearly hasn't got a scooby what they are all about.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

The injury to Dack is both a blow and a blessing to the manager really in some ways. As well as losing his talisman whose form virtually drives the team he's got a credible reason to buy himself more time.

If he was serious about the play offs he'd be on the blower to them saying if you want a shot we have to get quality in. Really doesn't strike me as that type and they in turn if they were serious would be on at him we want to see some progress still you've got a big squad, here is the ok to get some more in to help push on.

The current situation though puts real focus on him and his 3 amigo signings i'm not sure why so many are giving him a free pass on this. They were signed to cover and eventually replace the talisman so now is the time to step up.  The manager would help if he set up to get the best out of them, i think he's doing ok with Armstrong to be fair. And up to recently i think he managed Graham well but now is trying to freeze him out.

As for the other 2 he clearly hasn't got a scooby what they are all about.

Last season there was talk that Graham got a contract extension once he had played a certain number of games. Do you think that clause has rolled over to this season and he is not playing as much so it doesn't get triggered ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Samuel was signed for little money to help get us out of League 1 with potential to make the step up to the championship. He played his part in our promotion before injuries but hasn’t made the grade in the Champ. No big deal.

Bell was voted in the League 1 team of the year and at 22 seen as having potential. He was bought for peanuts and hasn’t kicked on. Again, nothing to see here. See ya! 

Bought for £700k and we can't even get our money back.

Poor but not untypical of this Rovers management.

Goodnight

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Last season there was talk that Graham got a contract extension once he had played a certain number of games. Do you think that clause has rolled over to this season and he is not playing as much so it doesn't get triggered ?

Maybe maybe not i thought they were going to sit down and discuss it near or at the end of the season. 

In any case so what if it did if he was involved more and contributing something it shouldn't matter. Phase him out next season or loan him out in summer if you want some of his wages off the bill.

Fact is if your going to have a good season you need to use your best goalscorer. More so now with what is going on, so non football reasons at play again. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Maybe maybe not i thought they were going to sit down and discuss it near or at the end of the season. 

In any case so what if it did if he was involved more and contributing something it shouldn't matter. Phase him out next season or loan him out in summer if you want some of his wages off the bill.

Fact is if your going to have a good season you need to use your best goalscorer. More so now with what is going on, so non football reasons at play again. 

I agree with you but unfortunately managers here have had to deal with this sort of thing before, Jason Roberts for example.

14 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I agree with you but unfortunately managers here have had to deal with this sort of thing before, Jason Roberts for example.

Always wondered if it was a contract thing with  Mulgrew , was on 99 League games before going out on loan, 100 game trigger on his contract, ?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

People are obsess with Rhodes. 

Can Rovers afford Rhodes's wages? No we cant. 

We already have a wage to turnover ratio of 154% so club is already paying wages that it can't afford on its own. At least with Rhodes you know you are paying for goals, unlike the fees and wages that have been wasted with Gallagher and Brereton.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well Samuel was signed in the summer we went down and his 1st 6 months here he did very well. Now 2 years on with promotion to Championship achieved and us currently top half chasing playoffs, Samuel isn't going to get us into the top 6. 

Bell was another low cost signing but 2 years now he is decent player at this level but nowhere good quality to be 1st choice left back in promotion chasing team

If we are getting rid of all the players who aren't good enough for a promotion chasing team then the dressing room is going to be pretty empty.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You might be right but I think there were also suggestions of a bust-up between him and Mowbray.

speaking of Mulgrew

Rich Sharpe/twitter

Charlie Mulgrew has cut short his loan spell at Wigan Athletic. #Rovers say it's been done 'at the player's request'.

Mulgrew back. Can't go anywhere else in England, loan or perm, as he's played for two clubs in this season. He could however, to the best of my knowledge, head to Scotland or Europe no issues. He's going to end up being fourth choice centre-back, must really not like Cooke.