BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Leeds? probably to replace that loan who was recalled due to not getting enough game time.

I watched them the other night against Arsenal. If they'd have had a goalscorer they would have won that game. Having said that they'd played with just Bamford up front. You couldn't play Rhodes up front on his own and if they'd have played with Bamford and Rhodes up front they might not have dominated the midfield as they did with 5 in midfield.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Still odd as I thought he was settled in Wrea Green, kids in school there etc 

I'm Fairly certain they have built a house back in Scotland and his Misses spends a lot more time up there now. 

9 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

We should NOT be doing any business with HSH a Phoenix of SEM. Sorry but I want morals and values at my club. We don’t simply give them business.

Its in black and white review the fa intermediary transaction lists where the agents are named. 

Thanks . I will check that. It certainly does worry me. I guess I could do with working out a diagram of links between managers, players and agent "families".

Is HSH really an SEM phoenix or just another agency, employing agents, some of whom happen to have been with SEM lol?

Anyway, Coyle said he had never heard of SEM.........then he went to Mass!!

• Like 2

I wouldn't rule out a mutual termination. Mulgrew just chills out for a few months until the new season, we get to cut the wage, he gets to move back up to Scotland potentially for a summer move. Time with the kids etc...

Could explain it maybe.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

...It could be Tosin? But Darragh is known to be coveted by the likes of Sheffield Utd!

I'd say Sheff Utd will be fishing in different waters now, Lenihan is nowhere near the level of the premier league (top half too potentially if they carry on). They will have access to a much better level of player now and I'd be shocked if they bought him.

1 minute ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

...It could be Tosin? But Darragh is known to be coveted by the likes of Sheffield Utd!

Chill mate. He has cut this short, not Rovers. It’s not an elaborate plan to replace Lenihan or Tosin. CM was deemed not good enough in September. That hasn’t changed.

• Like 3

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I'd say Sheff Utd will be fishing in different waters now, Lenihan is nowhere near the level of the premier league (top half too potentially if they carry on). They will have access to a much better level of player now and I'd be shocked if they bought him.

Yeah. I don't think he is creme de la creme, even at our level, but I think we need him to ensure survival?!

• Like 1

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballers-transfer-in-season/

Going by this link, Mulgrew can only play for a third club this year if it's a league with overlapping seasons, i.e. he could potentially still move to MLS, whose season starts at the end of Feb. Alternatively, the Swedish and Norwegian leagues start up in early April...

I saw one tweet suggesting he was told at Wigan that he would be way down the pecking order after coming back from injury. (The tweet said he'd be '5th choice'; I can't be bothered to actually count their CBs!). If playing time is his priority, I suppose being 4th choice here is better than 5th choice at Wigan. Who knows what his long-term ideas are, but he deserves some respect if his priority is still playing time (and maybe thus still being in the loop for Scotland caps). Mutual termination wouldn't surprise, at least in the summer.

Doubt Wigan was paying all that much of his wage anyway, but doubt this makes our budget any better...

On the positive side, we probably were in need of another backup CB, with Grayson injured and Platt/Magloire out on loan.

Edited by RoverCanada

Just now, RoverCanada said:

Going by this link, Mulgrew can only play for a third club this year if it's a league with overlapping seasons, i.e. he could potentially still move to MLS, whose season starts at the end of Feb. Alternatively, the Swedish and Norwegian leagues start up in early April...

I saw one tweet suggesting he was told at Wigan that he would be way down the pecking order after coming back from injury. (The tweet said he'd be '5th choice'; I can't be bothered to actually count their CBs!). If playing time is his priority, I suppose being 4th choice here is better than 5th choice at Wigan. Who knows what his long-term ideas are, but he deserves some respect if his priority is still playing time (and maybe thus still being in the loop for Scotland caps)

Doubt Wigan was paying all that much of his wage anyway, but doubt this makes our budget any better...

On the positive side, we probably were in need of another backup CB, with Grayson injured and Platt/Magloire out on loan.

Aus and the Far East still on the table For him too I guess...

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Well Wilder has turned others who you wouldn't have put in the "Premier league level player" category into that, so perhaps he would do the same with Lenihan. Jack O'Connell and John Egan 2 that come to mind. 

2 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

I saw one tweet suggesting he was told at Wigan that he would be way down the pecking order after coming back from injury. (The tweet said he'd be '5th choice'; I can't be bothered to actually count their CBs!). If playing time is his priority, I suppose being 4th choice here is better than 5th choice at Wigan. Who knows what his long-term ideas are, but he deserves some respect if his priority is still playing time (and maybe thus still being in the loop for Scotland caps)

Was that Kendrick the journalist for their rag? 

He is very loyal to Wigan, he would always spin the story to make them look like the good ones. Probably very annoying if you are a Wigan fan looking at them in their current position. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well Wilder has turned others who you wouldn't have put in the "Premier league level player" category into that, so perhaps he would do the same with Lenihan. Jack O'Connell and John Egan 2 that come to mind. 

Thing is those two lads have grown with the club and Wilder haven't they?

Lenihan has been playing for Mowbray in that time, put him in Sheffield Utd's system now and he would look completely lost and wouldn't look good enough.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Welcome back Charlie. May have a move sorted elsewhere. Don think he’s played in the league for rovers his year? Or did he play at charlton? 

Not this year no. This season yes, the first game.

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Was linked with foriegn centre back and Ipswich centre back. 

Interesting take by Wigan

NEWS | We can confirm defender Charlie Mulgrew has been recalled by his parent club Blackburn Rovers. We thank Charlie for his efforts during his loan spell at the DW Stadium.

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2020/january/Charlie-Mulgrew-recalled-by-Blackburn-Rovers/

Edited by perthblue02

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Thing is those two lads have grown with the club and Wilder haven't they?

Lenihan has been playing for Mowbray in that time, put him in Sheffield Utd's system now and he would look completely lost and wouldn't look good enough.

No, not really. They only signed Egan last summer. 

Funny how you managed to somehow squeeze a Mowbray dig in there ? 

• Like 1

Just now, perthblue02 said:

NEWS | We can confirm defender Charlie Mulgrew has been recalled by his parent club Blackburn Rovers. We thank Charlie for his efforts during his loan spell at the DW Stadium.

I think they call that type of thing "alternate facts" these days

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2020/january/Charlie-Mulgrew-recalled-by-Blackburn-Rovers/

Technically we have recalled him just on request from Mulgrew 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Technically we have recalled him just on request from Mulgrew 

Yeah the headline is technically correct even if it left out the part about Mulgrew asking to be recalled. 

Hope he isn't coming back to be involved in the first team as his time has long since passed, but considering how fragile (and shallow in depth) we are at CB it wouldn't surprise me if we see Mulgrew play for us again at some point in the next few months. Obviously that's assuming we don't mutually terminate his contract or he moves somewhere he's allowed to play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Yeah the headline is technically correct even if it left out the part about Mulgrew asking to be recalled. 

Hope he isn't coming back to be involved in the first team as his time has long since passed, but considering how fragile (and shallow in depth) we are at CB it wouldn't surprise me if we see Mulgrew play for us again at some point in the next few months. Obviously that's assuming we don't mutually terminate his contract or he moves somewhere he's allowed to play.

Odd though that Wigan fans rated him. He would be okay as backup as we are lacking numbers but if he just walks straight back into the first team it would be a worrying sign. 

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can see Rovers paying Mulgrew off now. Cant play for another club now in Europe. 

Wonder why Mulgrew wanted to come back? 

Why on earth would we pay him off when we had someone paying a % of his wages? If we’re paying him off that should have happened the minute after Wigan stopped paying him. 
If he’s going he should be going for a fee or staying at Wigan. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Odd though that Wigan fans rated him. He would be okay as backup as we are lacking numbers but if he just walks straight back into the first team it would be a worrying sign. 

What's even stranger is that apparently they didn't put Mulgrew on set pieces? If there's one reason to bring him to the club it would surely be that...

I honestly don't even think Mulgrew is good enough as backup these days. He's too slow and positionally poor to be a good Championship CB and doesn't have the legs to play DM at this stage in his career. I'd have Williams and Nyambe playing at CB before Mulgrew, although granted the pair of them are both disappointingly injury prone this season. 

• Like 2