BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

There's still hope!! 

Bit of a sideways move that. Though Charlton do have new owners but they will be back in L1 next season. 

I bet he is hanging on in the hope someone else matches the asking price. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Maddison turned down Charlton contract offer but talks carry on. 

According to local paper in Portsmouth, Curtis happy to stay there until end of the season. 

Curtis is not going to rock the boat by saying anything else. Pompey gave him his chance in England, so he will show them loyalty. Secretly though, he would probably jump at a move if anyone can get a bid accepted. 

9 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Mulgrew was sent out on loan off the back of Williams playing ok in a handful of dead rubbers at the end of last season.

As has been demonstrated recently, Williams is a liability anywhere on the pitch and likely to be playing left back or injured. So it wouldn’t surprise me if Mowbray has thought it would be used to have Mulgrew around. 

I also have an outside suspicion that Tosin could get sent back to City, maybe to save money on the loan fee.

Mulgrew wanted to cut his loan not Wigan or Blackburn or Mowbray wanted him back with us. 

Why would you send Adarabioyo back when he is better than Mulgrew and Mowbray has said he will be staying here at Blackburn Rovers. 

Mulgrew isnt good enough

Surprised to see Mulgrew back, but given our current crop of defenders always seem to be a game away from injury, it might be useful to have him around.

On a related note I had this shirt curse growing up where I'd get a Rovers player printed on my shirt and they'd leave the following window. This year I bought a Seattle Seahawks shirt with Lynch on the back and he re-signed for them out of retirement. Last night I wore my Mulgrew shirt from a few seasons ago and today he's reappeared from the abyss. Does anyone want to send me an old shirt to wear so we can get someone good back? Tugay!? Shearer?

• Like 4

Just now, JacknOry said:

Curtis is not going to rock the boat by saying anything else. Pompey gave him his chance in England, so he will show them loyalty. Secretly though, he would probably jump at a move if anyone can get a bid accepted. 

Only reporting what they are reporting down there but you make a fair points Jack tho

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

Surprised to see Mulgrew back, but given our current crop of defenders always seem to be a game away from injury, it might be useful to have him around.

On a related note I had this shirt curse growing up where I'd get a Rovers player printed on my shirt and they'd leave the following window. This year I bought a Seattle Seahawks shirt with Lynch on the back and he re-signed for them out of retirement. Last night I wore my Mulgrew shirt from a few seasons ago and today he's reappeared from the abyss. Does anyone want to send me an old shirt to wear so we can get someone good back? Tugay!? Shearer?

Get Breretons Forest shirt from when he used to know how to play football. 

• Like 1

Mulgrew. The only thing that makes sense is that we have been able to secure a transfer fee from a Scottish club. Back to Celtic as player coach?

Maddison. Just can’t see it on financial grounds.

Rhodes. We need his goals but has he still got it and do we need the aggro that’s his ‘game’ brings?

2 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

In danish media there is an article about interest from an established Championship club in Leicester GK Daniel Iversen. Wondering if that could be us.

Out of contract in the summer. 

How good is he as a keeper? Whats his strengths? 

16 minutes ago, Doug said:

Maybe Charlie could fit into a back 3 with Tosin and Lenihan?

It did cross my mind cheaper than Roman Curtis at 2.5 million. Imagine the Vs said nah you’ve had your budget.

A back 3 Lenihan, Tosin and Mulgrew and the wing backs of Benno and Downing? Over compensates the Cunningham injury. 2 birds 1 stone.

No wingers no Curtis needed then. Meanwhile the 3 Cms and headhunt of L1 sees 300k rated Ollie Rathbone in departures over at Rochdale 

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Mulgrew. The only thing that makes sense is that we have been able to secure a transfer fee from a Scottish club. Back to Celtic as player coach?

Maddison. Just can’t see it on financial grounds.

Rhodes. We need his goals but has he still got it and do we need the aggro that’s his ‘game’ brings?

Yep, must be a sale lined up.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's got 18 months left to run on his contract, I can't se him just walking away from that unless he were to get a substantial upfront payoff. 

Would think the remaining 18 months would carry a cost to Rovers of at least £2.5million including employer's NI.

If I was in Mulgrew's shoes, I'd want circa £1.65million to walk away with £1million net.  IMO, Mulgrew holds all the the aces.

IMO, another ridiculous deal for a player 34 years of age in a few weeks time - will be well into his 36th year when his contract ends.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

Would think the remaining 18 months would carry a cost to Rovers of at least £2.5million including employer's NI.

If I was in Mulgrew's shoes, I'd want circa £1.65million to walk away with £1million net.  IMO, Mulgrew holds all the the aces.

IMO, another ridiculous deal for a player 34 years of age in a few weeks time - will be well into his 36th year when his contract ends.

Who extended his deal who brought this issue on? Mowbray.

The guy needs to go he’s fucked us

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We agree Mercer.  However there are ways around it assuming that we want rid.  Sorry Charlie but since you have been away you have lost your fitness, so we are giving you intensive fitness training for the foreseeable future.  We will send you to the the Royal Marines for a month for fitness both physically and mentally.  On return we will review and repeat if necessary, etc.

8 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

We agree Mercer.  However there are ways around it assuming that we want rid.  Sorry Charlie but since you have been away you have lost your fitness, so we are giving you intensive fitness training for the foreseeable future.  We will send you to the the Royal Marines for a month for fitness both physically and mentally.  On return we will review and repeat if necessary, etc.

He has been having personal training sessions at my gym.

Not sure what that says about Wigan’s (or our) training regimen...

Edited by Mattyblue

I think it could be handy having Mulgrews set pieces.. The issue is where do you play him..I know he's slow, but Bell is pretty quick and that doesn't help him much..

Let's throw him in at left back, Tosin covering him and make the most of his set pieces- Downing ahead of him protecting him a bit. Then utilize his wizard like left foot.