BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we arent signing Rhodes. 

Wages far too much for too

Any footballer has a choice.

Sit on their arse and take their over inflated wage, or, accept they are no longer worth what perhaps they once were, take a pay cut and play some football!

If you were in Rhodes' position and accumulated over the years what you had through football, to most individuals, it would be a no brainer.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Personally i'd love to Rhodes at a big Scottish Prem club and bang in another 20 in a season. Would be such a shame for his career to fizzle out without being able to show what he's all about again.

He just needs the right place.

and the right league!!!

Think he'll do well up there.

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

John Byrom wasn't the same player when he came back to Rovers. He'd been away for the best part of 10 years. Letting him go to Bolton in the first place was an idiotic decision. We spent loads on the likes of Jim  Fryatt, Frank Lord, Don Martin, Bryan Conlon, Barry Endean, John O'Mara, Mike Hickman, Ken Beamish,  Gordon Hindson, trying to replace him and only the Don came near in terms of ability. All the while Byrom was banging them in over at Bolton.

Greaves moved him back into midfield in latter years and he strolled through.

Byrom always had a touch of arrogance (in the right way) and was a class act - loved watching him play.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Greaves moved him back into midfield in latter years and he strolled through.

Byrom always had a touch of arrogance (in the right way) and was a class act - loved watching him play.

Also was intelligent in using his energy at the right moments - something Sam Gallager needs to learn if it's not too late, instead of charging around on lost causes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Basically been told the same at Wigan as here, didn’t see point of sticking it out to be in same boat in the summer, came back to pursue a final payday for a couple of seasons abroad in order to settle family. Not that hard to understand 

18 months left on his deal here? Can’t see us reaching any mutual agreement with that long left.

13 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I would have a look at bringing Bony in for a trial. He is a proven goalscorer and only 31yo. Could certainly do a job for the next 18 months. 

Guessing he is demanding significant wages, which is why no one wants him.

Somethings not right, he's been without a club for a long time now.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Doubt he is better than Bell.

Wow, that’s a BIG slant on Ogilvie’s ability. As most know on here I’m a glass half full kinda guy. But on my observation, Bell is one of the worst League players I have ever seen.

Almost anything would be an improvement on him imo.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Wow, that’s a BIG slant on Ogilvie’s ability. As most know on here I’m a glass half full kinda guy. But on my observation, Bell is one of the worst League players I have ever seen.

Almost anything would be an improvement on him imo.

Case closed then mate if even you can’t make a case for Bell being any good at football ;) 

• Like 1

With Evans now out for the long term, centre mid options aren't looking great.

Travis and Johnson are basically it.

Davenport will need to step up and show if he is good enough but after that it's basically Bennett or Smallwood, neither of whome are good enough or we continue playing people out of position like Downing or Holtby.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

John Byrom wasn't the same player when he came back to Rovers. He'd been away for the best part of 10 years. Letting him go to Bolton in the first place was an idiotic decision. We spent loads on the likes of Jim  Fryatt, Frank Lord, Don Martin, Bryan Conlon, Barry Endean, John O'Mara, Mike Hickman, Ken Beamish,  Gordon Hindson, trying to replace him and only the Don came near in terms of ability. All the while Byrom was banging them in over at Bolton.

You can Alan Gulliver to that sorry list of misfiring strikers.He cost £30k similar to the fee received for Byron but £18k was refunded when it was found Huddersfield had concealed a serious back injury.