BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thanks. Ya, I would expect that as a minimum at any championship club.  15 months is a long time to wait for that. The recruitment piece isn't rocket science, that ad should have been up quicker. I wonder why it took so long. Anyway,will be good when someone starts alright. 

I just wonder has anything started already, it mentions the person will have a team of part-time scouts,but have they been hired yet?

We seem to have scouts at games in Europe. I dont how many we have. Hopefully this European scout has alot of experience overseas and contacts in different leagues and countries

Edited by chaddyrovers

37 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Although I don’t expect a busy one; I wouldn’t read into anything Rich Sharpe reports. Literally knows the same as us, never once broken an exclusive story whilst being with the LT. All reactive to other journo’s stories. Perfect example being Ronan Curtis.

He is pretty fucking horrendous at breaking a story. Even his predecessor was better at it. Either the LT still have the links but Sharpe would rather kowtow to not upsetting the club by leaking anything, as was sometimes the case in the past, or he just doesn't have a clue outside of what happens in official interviews.

I tend to believe the latter, because I'm quite sure some of the things he has reported have been shown to be false within a few days. Can't remember the examples though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I love that you are spinning everything into a positive once more.

Why didnt you reference Adarabioyo ans Reed as youngsters that we have loaned? Because they are successful and dont fit into your argument! And why are loans of youngsters from the PL the only alternatives to using our own kids considering we have money as you say.

We dont want to be playing Buckley because hes absolutely nowhere near being ready.

If Mowbray is right to not overpay for players, why did he spend 7m on a total waste of space, then repeat the same mistake by spending 5m on another?

Its quite clear that our bids are nowhere near the asking prices and hes made a million and one references to us having a limited budget. Lets not pretend that that is down to some sort of principle that Mowbray is not buying these players, the budget is seemingly not there.

I struggle to be overly excited about the rest of the season, before you spin that into a superfan narrative I will still be attending but for the reasons I have given, poor recruitment, little chance of us upgrading the squad as required, injury woe, a stagnant manager and a miniscule (at best!) chance of anything other than a mid table finish, its hard to be overly excited.

Well we have an academy that we are investing in so we need to bringing through are own players IMO. 

Adarabioyo is 22 years old, hardly a youngster is he! 

Yes we might have some money to spend but we are also spending money on our academy and facilities aswell. So it got to a balance act. 

I would keep Buckley here and let him develop here. 

Yet again I going over the Brereton and Gallagher signings day after day, week after week with you. You might to spend discussing this issue to death, quite frankly I've fed up keep going over this time after time. 

Why would any manager tell the press their budget? Would be very stupid to do thing. 

Well thats your view of the rest of the season and playoffs chance. As you know my view is very different as you know so I will leave it there

53 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Although I don’t expect a busy one; I wouldn’t read into anything Rich Sharpe reports. Literally knows the same as us, never once broken an exclusive story whilst being with the LT. All reactive to other journo’s stories. Perfect example being Ronan Curtis.

Sure he said nothing was happening last january and we signed someone within the hour 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Adarabioyo is 22 years old, hardly a youngster is he! 

I would keep Buckley here and let him develop here. 

Develop into what, a slow winger?

And yes, 22 is young for a footballer.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray is right not to be overpaying for players who aren't worth what clubs want fee wise like Marcus Maddison who is out of contract in the summer but they want 2.5 million 

They want 2.5 million because they can get 2.5 million for him. Two clubs have met it already.

It is now irrelevant that he is out of contract in the summer. He is moving NOW, in this window. For 2.5 million. That's his market value now no matter how you slice it. It's only overpaying if you don't think he as a player is worth 2.5 million. I haven't seen a lot of him, but with his consistent stats for 5 seasons and at 26, I believe he is. Maybe you don't. But his contract situation is now completely unimportant.

He isn't going to be available for free in the summer, because he will be fully contracted and playing in the Championship within a week or two. Very likely if he is available at all in the summer it'll be for more than 2.5 mill.

If nobody else was meeting the fee, like was the case with Bauer, then and only then would it matter that his contract expires in 6 months.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

They want 2.5 million because they can get 2.5 million for him. Two clubs have met it already.

It is now irrelevant that he is out of contract in the summer. He is moving NOW, in this window. For 2.5 million. That's his market value now no matter how you slice it. It's only overpaying if you don't think he as a player is worth 2.5 million. I haven't seen a lot of him, but with his consistent stats for 5 seasons and at 26, I believe he is. Maybe you don't. But his contract situation is now completely unimportant.

He isn't going to be available for free in the summer, because he will be fully contracted and playing in the Championship within a week or two. Very likely if he is available at all in the summer it'll be for more than 2.5 mill.

If nobody else was meeting the fee, like was the case with Bauer, then and only then would it matter that his contract expires in 6 months.

I think the 2.5 million is release clause in his contract. 

Is he good enough? I cant comment as I havent see enough of the players. 

Stats look good but they have for 3.5 years. So I wonder why he hasnt moved before. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stats look good but they have for 3.5 years. So I wonder why he hasnt moved before. 

Could be a number of reasons. Some say his a bit of an arrogant so and so. Just look at how he cannot agree wage demands at Charlton. He is a L1 player signing to play in the Championship - How much is he asking for?

Also, numerous clubs have been in for him over the years. Perhaps they ran into similar issues. Additionally, Peterborough have been very difficult too - they want all the money upfront. So even though clubs match the release clause, they cannot get the player because his club wants all the cash now and not spread over the next few years. 

Could be a combination of the two.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ripped jeans ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LDRover said:

Agreed. I work with a few and they say he's a wing back, never a full back.

Yeah he was deffo a wing back, which to be fair is the position he's best suited to with a strong defender on the left of a back 3 mopping up after him

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we have all debated to death the Brereton and Gallagher transfers. I'm bored of talking about it. 

my point was players out of contract and paying 2.5 million is wrong IMO

It’s astonishing that you can’t read this back and see why you making this part of a defence is absolute nonsense.

”I’m going to ignore the thing that totally undermines my (and Mowbray’s) point but still make the point anyway”.

• Like 5

I think it's twice now Mowbray has mentioned during interviews points along the lines of he thinks there will be better value at the end of transfer window or players becoming cheaper  ... I am really not expecting anything to happen until probably last week of January so Sharpe probably IS correct on that one

Edited by AJW

Ffp rules

Tough time to do business

Targets too expensive 

Have to move some others out first

Injuries have changed things

Mulgrew returning unexpectedly complicates things

January isn't ideal

Might have to wait and hope prices drop later on in the window 

All set for nothing happening and pick your excuses out.

Meanwhile just about everyone else will take action to try and strengthen. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We seem to have scouts at games in Europe. I dont how many we have. Hopefully this European scout has alot of experience overseas and contacts in different games. 

Like cricket? Or darts perhaps

I've got a sneaky feeling that Morgan Fox could still happen at some point. Sheffield Wednesday desperate to get wages off the books, shown by their desperation to ship off Jordan Rhodes - so they can bring in Connor Wickham.  We're playing them at their place tomorrow so conversations in person will be easy to have, and he will likely play for them and get a chance to show TM what he can do.

He's a solid LB and would be a massive help in our defence, although Bell had one of his better games vs Preston, it's fair to say Bell's upper threshold never reaches past a 6.5/10. He's only 26 is Fox, but may be a better long term option than Greg Cunningham who has now suffered multiple long-term injuries in his career.

He's played 20 of Sheffield Wednesday's games this season so definitely isn't someone they'd let go for nothing, but a loan to buy could potentially be an option.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

It’s astonishing that you can’t read this back and see why you making this part of a defence is absolute nonsense.

”I’m going to ignore the thing that totally undermines my (and Mowbray’s) point but still make the point anyway”.

No Stuart as players werent out of contracts in 6 months was there like Maddison is

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I've got a sneaky feeling that Morgan Fox could still happen at some point. Sheffield Wednesday desperate to get wages off the books, shown by their desperation to ship off Jordan Rhodes - so they can bring in Connor Wickham.  We're playing them at their place tomorrow so conversations in person will be easy to have, and he will likely play for them and get a chance to show TM what he can do.

He's a solid LB and would be a massive help in our defence, although Bell had one of his better games vs Preston, it's fair to say Bell's upper threshold never reaches past a 6.5/10. He's only 26 is Fox, but may be a better long term option than Greg Cunningham who has now suffered multiple long-term injuries in his career.

He's played 20 of Sheffield Wednesday's games this season so definitely isn't someone they'd let go for nothing, but a loan to buy could potentially be an option.

Isnt Morgan Fox out of contract this summer? 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isnt Morgan Fox out of contract this summer? 

I'm not aware, if he is then I think that's all the more reason. Give them £150,000-200,000 in a loan fee to get him til seasons end, then pick him up for free at the end of the season. Sounds like a bargain for me. A top 6 player.

38 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'm not aware, if he is then I think that's all the more reason. Give them £150,000-200,000 in a loan fee to get him til seasons end, then pick him up for free at the end of the season. Sounds like a bargain for me. A top 6 player.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/morgan-fox/profil/spieler/250277

Or just offer 200 to 250 k for him

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Why would they give us their starting left back for so cheap and why would he join a club far less likely to be near the play offs? 

• Like 1