BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

"We haven’t got loads of money to think ‘we’ve lost a midfield player let’s go and spend £1m to get another one in’."

"Regarding the transfer window, what doesn’t change with the players we’ve tried to identify and like, when you ask in the first week or two, millions of pounds are being quoted,”

“At this moment we’re miles away with trying to negotiate correct deals for the club.”

Or in other words, I wouldnt hold your breath!

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"We haven’t got loads of money to think ‘we’ve lost a midfield player let’s go and spend £1m to get another one in’."

"Regarding the transfer window, what doesn’t change with the players we’ve tried to identify and like, when you ask in the first week or two, millions of pounds are being quoted,”

“At this moment we’re miles away with trying to negotiate correct deals for the club.”

£1m isn't "loads of money" in this day and age so if that's our limit we can forget bringing in anybody decent. Odd when Mowbray was confidently predicting having plenty to spend back in September. What changed in three months to suddenly leave us without a pot to piss in? 

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

£1m isn't "loads of money" in this day and age so if that's our limit we can forget bringing in anybody decent. Odd when Mowbray was confidently predicting having plenty to spend back in September. What changed in three months to suddenly leave us without a pot to piss in? 

Maybe the Chicken Chokers have seen the two magic beans he bought and they've decided that enough is enough.

the problem is he decided to extend contracts for players not good enough no one wants smallwood/mulgrew and no one is queuing up to sign Samuel etc. The arse went out of the team and manager when we got close to the play offs again. Owners have probably looked at it and his track record in the market and thought why chuck a million at a player when its not likely to make a difference. Same old Mowbray talks it up then a few weeks/months later he changes his tune.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

But if the right agent is doing it we'll wait till the last min then panic and spend 5 or 6 million anyway !

All he's got to be is young and British, pedigree don't matter in these cases.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Dack getting injured maybe?!

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I suppose he can't really say that we were going to sell Dack in January, for a few reasons. 

Maybe, but at the same time you shouldn't be bullish about receiving funds if it relies on a player sale. Just the usual scenario of Tony saying too much when he didn't need to say anything.

• Like 5

Think it’s far more likely that the Venky’s have seen our shite performances and refusing to give him any more money to spunk up the wall than it being anything to do with Dack. He banged on about top 6 all season there’s no way he’d have cashed in on Dack half way through the season after that. His credibility would be lower than it already is. Also, ‘big money’ championship signings very rarely happen in January, so there’s no guarantee we’d even have a buyer. Plus Dack has other championship players above him who prem clubs would be looking at first such as Bowen/Phillips/Benrahma/Watkins. Just my opinion.

Edited by Mellor Rover

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would they give us their starting left back for so cheap and why would he join a club far less likely to be near the play offs? 

Sheffield Wednesday need to offload wages. They're in trouble again and due a points deduction, they want their new striker, and they back up in those positions. I think he'd come, there's clearly a reason his contract has been allowed to run this far. Either he's not happy or the club aren't fussed on him. Has to be one.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Stuart as players werent out of contracts in 6 months was there like Maddison is

I can't understand why you're still saying this. I broke down at length why it no longer matters that he is out of contract in the summer, because the chances of him reaching that stage are vanishingly thin.

You saw it, because you quoted me. All you said about that issue was that he has a 2.5 million release clause (which obviously I am well aware of, and if he didn't have that the fee might be even higher).

Since you haven't rebutted my point, why are you still making the old one which my post completely tore down?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Jesus christ.

One million is now being described as 'loads of money'...I mean it is, but to an average working Joe, not to second tier English football clubs who have spent 5 or 6 times that each summer on misfiring strikers.

We don't have one midfielder missing, we have two. I hope to god he is thinking of Dack as an 'attacker' rather than a midfielder and he is talking about not spending a million to replace Evans, which is perfectly fine. We shouldn't spend anything to replace Evans because we have a million centre mids including some youngsters I'd like to try if it got to that point. Evans was our most in form CM, but we know how his form can dip, and promotion isn't happening. Absolutely every single other area on the pitch is a bigger priority.

So I hope he is only talking about Evans with that figure, because you don't sign a 3-million rated mid (Curtis) for less than a million. But the comments about being 'miles away' suggests otherwise...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I never said he was shite, stop twisting 

You certainly came across like you were insinuating he is shite. I can't fault Chaddy on that one, don't think he twisted a thing.

I suppose what you actually meant is you have no idea about Fox (me either) and are concerned that we may end up lumbered with another poor LB? We can't loan-to-buy on everyone we sign though. A left back in a top six team on the cheap doesn't seem an especially risky punt. If we did pay slightly less to loan him instead of sign him, he did well, then went somewhere else in the summer for free, we'd be kicking ourselves.

• Like 2

Eugh. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18166546.miles-away---mowbray-rovers-transfer-negotiations/ 

“We haven’t got loads of money to think ‘we’ve lost a midfield player let’s go and spend £1m to get another one in’.

“It doesn’t quite work like that. You make calls, and clubs are sensing that ‘oh, Blackburn Rovers are calling, let’s test the water’. They are not easy deals.

BEN BRERETON.