BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

21 minutes ago, unleaded said:

See Hart has left the building !! What a waste of money .. this time last year our manager did exactly the same thing then 4 months later handed him a new one year contract ! 

is there nobody above him to stop this crap ...This manager knows sod all and is doing what ever he wants ... I feel a Elliot Bennnet extension coming .... just to rub salt in the wound... 

is it too much to ask Radio Lancs and LT asking some serious questions to this clown ... 

Sadly, this autocratic and closed-shop / don't ask any awkward questions approach is now firmly established as the national game. Even if you do get the chance to put a question directly to the source of any contention, their response is to blindy dismiss any notion that they might indeed be wrong, and to seek to undermine you for having the audacity to ask in the first place. It happens from Number 10, all the way down to Nuttall Street. I blame New Labour, the Tories, absent and 'absent' owners, Donald Tramp, Maggie Thatcher Giro-Snatcher and Red Ken. Oh, and the Rovers Trust can feck off too, for lumbering us with parasitic inbreds whose vision for the club appears to be anchored around a sociopathical hatred of anything truthful and transparent that might connect with the actual fans of Blackburn Rovers Football Club gawd rest it's mighty and immortal soul....As-they-sayYou-couldn-t-make-this-shit-u

• Like 4

At least Sam Hart may get a chance to face Liverpool in the FA cup, unlike us Shrewsbury didn't throw their game away.

Suppose Shrewsbury ain't that bad of a move but surely the better teams in league one should be sniffing around our players. 9 times out of 10 we loan them to poor struggling teams, not sure if that's a sign of us having crap young players or if we refuse a lot of deals.

Hart was never good enough. It still surprises me that so many Rovers fans thought he might be a viable option for us in the Championship.

Not a chance. 

Unsurprisingly he's gone to a mid table League One club.

Bizarre signing to begin with and not one that I think Mowbray was responsible for.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, unleaded said:

See Hart has left the building !! What a waste of money .. this time last year our manager did exactly the same thing then 4 months later handed him a new one year contract ! 

is there nobody above him to stop this crap ...This manager knows sod all and is doing what ever he wants ... I feel a Elliot Bennnet extension coming .... just to rub salt in the wound... 

is it too much to ask Radio Lancs and LT asking some serious questions to this clown ... 

Just wait till we buy Walton and give Bell  new deal  !

I'm calling it now.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Hart was never good enough. It still surprises me that so many Rovers fans thought he might be a viable option for us in the Championship.

Not a chance. 

Unsurprisingly he's gone to a mid table League One club.

Bizarre signing to begin with and not one that I think Mowbray was responsible for.

Made absolutely no sense giving him an extension at all. Now, he will be here until the end of his contract at end of the season, with us paying part of his wages. 
Terrible piece of business really (along with the obvious ones as well), especially when Mowbray is complaining about financial constraints in the LT....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

I doubt there's much to see in the Hart deal other than another poor player judgement call.  Think they just kept him around and loaned him out to see if he shaped up a bit. You'd like to think he won't be on big wages and with a lot of time on loan there should be a contribution to that so not a huge gamble.

Trouble is at Rovers when one deal starts to look suspicious then another, they all do going off what's happened in the recent past.  Sadly football is chock full of people doing people favours and jobs for the boys.  It's what ruins it really and these days things are a lot more transparent than they were so everything is open to scrutiny.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Looks like for the umpteenth window in a row we're in for the South Korean lad Foo Kin Nowan.

Nonsense - we’re signing dozens at the end of the window along with every other club in the land. The oracle has said as much on here.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Can you guys keep an eye out for my interest, I've lost all mine for the remainder of Mowbrays reign and especially this (transfer) window.

Not even 3 weeks into January and just like last year it already feels like the season seems over (in both directions).

I genuinely fear that if Mowbray sees out this season and begins the next one, we will be relegated (again) in May 2021. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nonsense - we’re signing dozens at the end of the window along with every other club in the land. The oracle has said as much on here.

The big ITKs round here were on about the German being shown around brockhall.....must not have liked the scenery. 

20 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It terrifies me that he is considering Mulgrew for left back. We will get absolutely savaged down that flank if that happens.

I agree. Mulgrews principle weaknesses are his pace, slow on the turn, and (despite being a big bloke) weak in the air. He will be repeatedly targeted.

If we have to play him I would go 4141 with Charlie in the holding role in front of the defenders. 

--------------------------Walton

Nyambe----Lenihan-----Tosin-----Bell

------------------------Mulgrew

---Arma-----Travis-------Holtby----Downing

-----------------------Gallagher

Not sure you lose too much compared to our current 4231, and you add Mulgrews set piece quality.

32 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Can you guys keep an eye out for my interest, I've lost all mine for the remainder of Mowbrays reign and especially this (transfer) window.

Not even 3 weeks into January and just like last year it already feels like the season seems over (in both directions).

I genuinely fear that if Mowbray sees out this season and begins the next one, we will be relegated (again) in May 2021. 

But Lenihan is saying "Top 6 is still the aim" and Tony is "hoping history won't repeat itself!"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Sunderland fan asking me how good is Smallwood as they’ve been rumoured to have asked about him. Good move for the lad if true.

Probably decide he wants to suck up a wage in our u-23s again because he's convinced he can get back into the first team...we don't seem to be having much luck reducing our wage bill to make funds.

Edited by bluebruce

I'm absolutely fuming we're saying we have no money and don't want to repeat last season. 

He gave lucrative contract extensions to players that weren't championship quality, and now wasting the wage bill.

Bought 2 players that have so far been quite frankly awful.

How can we expect to progress with awful awful decision making by our manager / directors (who approve the deals)? 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm absolutely fuming we're saying we have no money and don't want to repeat last season. 

He gave lucrative contract extensions to players that weren't championship quality, and now wasting the wage bill.

How can we expect to progress with awful awful decision making by our manager / directors (who approve the deals)? 

Well, the evidence is certainly stacking up.

So much money wasted on duds in purchases and lengthy extensions...

And I can still remember how Lee and Furphy quickly put together functional teams through their own knowledge of players, who could do a job.

• Like 2

And I can still remember how Lee and Furphy quickly put together functional teams through their own knowledge of players, who could do a job.

you can add don mackay to this list as well,soon had the team sorted  with good signings like hendry,gale and nicky reid,it appears to me that our scouting network is defunct,does`nt exist and has been scrapped and mowbray could`nt spot a bargain if it was handed to him

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Brereton and Gallagher have been terrible acquisitions considering the outlay but I wouldn’t say that our transfers have been awful.

Downing, Tosin, Holtby, Cunningham and Johnson were all decent signings last summer.

In the main, we can find decent players, that’s not the problem. I’d say that finding Dack easily makes up for the likes of Whittingham, Gladwin etc.

The biggest criticism is that the only transfers we’ve spent big money on have been failures.

• Like 2

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Brereton and Gallagher have been terrible acquisitions considering the outlay but I wouldn’t say that our transfers have been awful.

Downing, Tosin, Holtby, Cunningham and Johnson were all decent signings last summer.  IMO - Downing good, Tosin jury out - too inconsistent at moment, Holtby flatters to deceive and not strong enough to cope, Cunningham was our best left back option until injured and Johnson is topping up his pension.  A mixed bag and would give manager 4/10.

In the main, we can find decent players, that’s not the problem. I’d say that finding Dack easily makes up for the likes of Whittingham, Gladwin etc.

The biggest criticism is that the only transfers we’ve spent big money on have been failures.