BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

14 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Brereton and Gallagher have been terrible acquisitions considering the outlay but I wouldn’t say that our transfers have been awful.

Downing, Tosin, Holtby, Cunningham and Johnson were all decent signings last summer.

In the main, we can find decent players, that’s not the problem. I’d say that finding Dack easily makes up for the likes of Whittingham, Gladwin etc.

The biggest criticism is that the only transfers we’ve spent big money on have been failures.

Disagree completely unfortunately. The main acquisitions have been Brereton and Gallagher. The others were free transfers or loans because MOWBRAY spent that money where he could have spent it on better players that can make an immediate impact rather than 35 year olds and a loan that won't be ours come the start of the 2020 season.

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Disagree completely unfortunately. The main acquisitions have been Brereton and Gallagher. The others were free transfers or loans because MOWBRAY spent that money where he could have spent it on better players that can make an immediate impact rather than 35 year olds and a loan that won't be ours come the start of the 2020 season.

Whether they are free,loans or whatever, it doesn't matter if they improve the team. It's an odd angle to look to criticize 

Brereton was a disaster of a signing for sure

55 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

And I can still remember how Lee and Furphy quickly put together functional teams through their own knowledge of players, who could do a job.

you can add don mackay to this list as well,soon had the team sorted  with good signings like hendry,gale and nicky reid,it appears to me that our scouting network is defunct,does`nt exist and has been scrapped and mowbray could`nt spot a bargain if it was handed to him

Unlike Mowbray, Furphy could not get us promoted.

48 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Pretty sure we were on the way up until he left that December lol

Yeah, and took Tony Field with him to Sheffield United. My first hero, never forgiven him for that! 

Watch goal no 7 and tell me that's not George Best

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

The day just gets better... 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1016411695?-11198:839

Some very interesting lines in there about the owners. Reading between the lines they’re getting a bit more demanding - probably quite rightly after shelling out £12 million on Brereton and Gallagher.

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

I know, just wish I could find some for us online but no luck. 

Absolute magician in my eyes

Yes, I have tried too.

There was another great Field TV goal on London region's Big Match. It was a brilliant lob at Vicarage Rd-a bit like Shearer's v Norwich (7-1)-and I remember his toothless celebration...and me and my mate miming it at a disco the following week!

4 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I reckon you are spot on. With Maddison following him.

I think if we are getting a right sided attacker in as the LT thinks, we can forget about Maddison or Curtis. It would be pretty stupid to recruit two wide attackers without sorting the defence and goalie.

9 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Joe Rankin Costello contract up in the summer. Needs tying down.

I see this piece of shit Honeyman is sniffing around. We need to cut doing business with these 

09719238-8651-4C0E-9DEA-8970A8ED215A.png

18 months on his deal yet, signed a new one in April last year.

• Like 1