BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Great news to see us possibly signing a right sided attacker. 

I know he did well today and scored but Gally on the wing has failed much more than its delivered.

Would rather us get a left sides attacker. JRC has long deserved a chance on the right of midfield. 

Hopefully it's Jordan Jones; right footed but often plays on the left.

46 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Would rather us get a left sides attacker. JRC has long deserved a chance on the right of midfield. 

Hopefully it's Jordan Jones; right footed but often plays on the left.

Yep, JRC deserves his chance in the first team, no question about that.

If the loan player can play out wide and JRC can play on either flank, we are well equipped for the rest of the season and we can have some competition in all the attacking areas.

• Like 1

Not sure it’s a wind up he played today for them but I imagine he’s just helping out his local Sunday league club and mates. 

Interesting Rotherham prepared a contract for him only for it to go awry two days ago 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co.uk/154869/rotherham-united-cool-interest-in-ex-blackburn-rovers-wolves-and-millwall-winger-ben-marshall/amp/

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Yep, JRC deserves his chance in the first team, no question about that.

If the loan player can play out wide and JRC can play on either flank, we are well equipped for the rest of the season and we can have some competition in all the attacking areas.

JRC looks like another narrow player to me. Not saying he's bad but we've got a lot of inside forwards/number 10s (Dack, Holt, Rothwell, Buckley) and not many genuine wide players. Seem to be a rare beast. 

Anyhow promising player nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, a faster Bradley Dack.

Tony Field was magnificent.

He would be priceless today.

One of my all time favourite Rovers who shone like a beacon in the darkest of Ewood days. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, markhayhurst said:

Grant Hanley on the bench consistently at Norwich. Not saying we should sigh him but he's not fulfilling his potential needs a move/rocket up his arse.

He would be a good buy for us.

8 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Yeah, and took Tony Field with him to Sheffield United. My first hero, never forgiven him for that! 

Watch goal no 7 and tell me that's not George Best

Brilliant! Love the Dean Saunders bit of quick thinking!

I have a bit of concern about this right sided attacker business. We finally got to see JRC play today, and he got an assist, plus came close to another. It would also seem to be the final death knell for Chapman's Rovers career.

My hope/thought is that it's to free up Brereton for his loan move, whilst also stopping playing Gally wide right (even if he had a good game today) and therefore strengthening the first team. I suspect it's Jordan Jones. Like I said before, that probably spells the end of any chance for Curtis or Maddison, who would both have been more exciting. But if the lad delivers then great.

Anyone know who the prospective loan is yet? I can see we’re expecting it to be the German guy. Hopefully loan to buy. Will push Gally into the middle as Arma can’t play every game and sometimes we may need more physicality.

Glad JRC played well yesterday. Injuries have stalled his season but he now has a chance to stake a claim. Him, Buckley and Butterworth should be well in the mix next season. Maybe even Magloire and Fisher. Add Nyambe, Lenihan and Travis and we could have anything up to eight players from the academy in our match day squad....not bad!

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1